• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2017 - Hopes. Dreams. Predictions

mortal

Gold Member
Aside from seeing more of Death Stranding and God of War, there is one title that would make my month if it got officially announced.

Final Fantasy XVI, with an incomparable breathtaking and ethereal art direction.
One that can't be pinned by medieval, sci-fi, nor steampunk or any specific subgenre. Something completely unique and never before seen.

With tasteful, sophisticated writing and creatively interactive storytelling. Doing away with tired tropes, series conventions, and past restrictions. A complete watershed.

Essentially, a mainline Final Fantasy genuinely for an adult audience.

FFVIIR is not what I want the next 5 years of Final Fantasy to be. I want the future, not to revisit the past.

ChouGoku

Megaton rainfall surprise release
Elite: Dangerous psvr confirmation
Dreams release date and PSVR gameplay
No man's sky surprise PSVR release with aim support

All hopes and dreams of course

True Fire

Long list incoming:

Spyro the Dragon Trilogy
Bloodborne II
4K Blu-rays on PS4
Death Stranding celebrity surprise
Dark Souls Switch
Metroid Switch
Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer
Final Fantasy VI Remake
Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection
Final Fantasy XV prequel/dark world dlc
Kingdom Hearts III release ballpark
NieR Automata Switch
NieR 3 teaser
Bethesda New IP
The Elder Scrolls VI teaser
Fallout: New Orleans
Fallout 4 Switch
HITMAN Season 2
HITMAN Season 1 Switch
Life is Strange Season 1 Switch
Grand Theft Auto V Switch
Grand Theft Auto V Pro/Scorpio mode
Grand Theft Auto VI teaser
The Last Story II
Xenoblade 2 blowout
Endless Ocean Switch
Virtual Console ("available after this presentation")
GameCube joy-cons
SNES Classic
Switch cellphone/tablet interactivity (like some PS4 games)—allowing for (optional) dual screen controls
Pokémon Stars
Smash 4 Switch

What else? New IPs from the big 3. I want SEGA to deliver. I want Bamco to port everything to Switch. But I mostly just want Bloodborne II.

LAA

KH3 trailer and hopefully release info is the main hope for me.
God of War trailer for sure too.
Maybe TLOU2 trailer? FF7 R I would love there too, but (Though both could be too soon for that).
Spyro collection remake would blow my mind too.

For Nintendo... simply more Switch games too. Want SSB switch announcing asap and hopefully release this year. Metroid announcement woule be great too but not holding my breath.
Suppose more FE Warriors/Mario Odyssey is likely, perhaps alongside Zelda DLC/Xenoblade 2 news.

On the MS side... honestly isn't too much games wise I have good hopes for seeing. Scorpio I'm not really interested in and not worth hoping for exclusives and already know Halo 6 won't be there, so have no idea what to expect and the stuff they will looks likely to implement microtransactions wherever possible so... dampened my hopes for their games really, so shame.
The main things I can think of is a Cuphead out now situation and Ori 2 announcement...

Outside of that... funny E3 gifs here please. :)

Brhoom

Banned
REmake 2

Silent Hill

Fatal Frame 6

Anyone of these and I'll be happy

Another Haunting Ground or even a remaster and I'll buy the system it is on.

Linkinito

My predictions for the Sony conference.

- Spiderman opens the conference. Fall 2017 or Early 2018 release.
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy story trailer. PS4 Pro bundle announced.
- Days Gone new trailer.
- Knack 2 story trailer, releases end of 2017.
- PlayStation All-Stars 2 reveal. Under the form of a MOBA. Free-to-play, open beta late 2017.
- Gran Turismo Sport release date + open beta starting the next day worldwide until end of June. PS4 Pro bundle announced.
- New VR experiences for 2017 and early 2018.
- Dreams announced for early 2018. Full VR experience.
- Announcement: every PSVR pack now includes the PlayStation Camera and a voucher for PlayStation VR Worlds for the same price of $399/€399.
- Call of Duty: WWII campaign gameplay. Beta for August with a 3 day headstart on PS4. Single-player campaign can be fully played in VR.
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare announced to be part of PlayStation Plus free games in July.
- Last trailer for Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy with a special final twist: Crash Team Racing N.Sane Edition! Announced for early 2018 with 4-player split-screen and 8-player online support.
- Destiny 2 PvP gameplay with exclusive, limited edition, PS4 Pro bundle.
- Update on Shenmue III, with Shenmue Collection announced for fall 2017.
- Some indies, including one stealth drop releasing on the day of the conference.
- Kingdom Hearts III story trailer, confirmed for 2018.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo available on November 17, 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of FFVII in Europe.
- Star Wars Battlefront II single player gameplay (multiplayer reveal at EA Play two days earlier) and exclusive PS4 Pro bundle.
- God of War new gameplay trailer.
- Sucker Punch new IP reveal with gameplay.
- The Last of Us Part II story trailer, in-engine footage. 2018 release date.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Hopes

New Perfect Dark that doesn't suck.

Q in SFV

New Ridge Racer

Killer Instinct 4 with a big budget announced for say late 2018/early 2019
on Scorpio/PC/XboxNext

Neoxon

Hopes

New Perfect Dark that doesn't suck.

Q in SFV

New Ridge Racer

Killer Instinct 4 with a big budget announced for say late 2018/early 2019
on Scorpio/PC/XboxNext
You may have to wait until at least Season 3. Season 2 is only gonna have Akuma as far as veterans go.

I predict that we'll be seeing Sakurai's newest project. Whether it'll be on Switch is anyone's guess. It's possible he's working with Namco-Bandai but after Iwata's Death I don't know if he'll be strictly Nintendo and he'll do more projects with other companies like Meteos.

I leave out DMC5 cause everyone knows I'm super crazy about.

Here are a bunch of titles that I really hope to see at E3.

Ni no Kuni 2 - I thought the first one was extremely boring. I really forced myself to finish it. But what I've seen from NnK2 has been pretty interesting so I wanna see more. Give me more details about the combat and the supposed kingdom building part of the game. I wanna see the actual release date as well.

Vampyr - I saw last year's demo and I'm not completely sold on this yet. Just show me more and assure me that it'll be good game.

MvC:I - I can list tons of characters and stages that I wanna see in this game. But for now, show me a representative from Agents of Shield. Give us Punisher. And announce the DMC characters. Also, Capcom this time I'm not taking your word for anything. If you have a lot of SP content, then show them to me.

GoW - I want a very very big blowout. Not just in terms of a live demo, but I want details, explained mechanics, premise of the story. Give me tons and tons of info Sony.

Days Gone - Same as GoW. They especially have to focus on survival and the OW aspect of the game. Show me why I should be excited about this when we've already had hordes of zombie based games.

Spider-Man - Same as GoW and Days Gone.

Wolfenstein - Give me Blazkowicz. That's all I'm asking.

Rocksteady's new game - I feel like it's time. It's been a while since Batman Arkham Knight came out, and RS has been pretty quiet. I'm hoping for a game about a new DC hero but iirc last we heard of their project, it was still a Batman game. Fingers crossed that the rumor wasn't true.

New action RE - RE7 went back to horror and it was cool. Now, give me my action fix Capcom. I don't care if it's a spin-off, I don't care if it's called Revelations 3 or whatever. Just give me a single-player, story based, TPS style action RE game. Basically combine RE6 mechanics and gameplay with REV2's story and budget.

PlayStation All Star: Kart Racing - Copy/paste everything that Nintendo has done with Mario Kart 8 and have lots of 3rd party guest characters.

New Catherine like game from Atlus - Catherine was one of the best games that I played last gen, so Atlus JP if you could just..... Ah, never mind.

Devil May Cry 5 - I know I said I won't talk about it, but screw that. It's been 9 freaking years since DMC4. Just give me a damn logo already. FFS Capcom.

LowParry

I wish we could have another Konami moment but ehhhhh, don't think we'll see that sort of thing ever again.

Mikey Jr.

Hope: Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer/gameplay

Prediction: Spiderman gameplay

Dream: Chrono Trigger 2 for PS4. Full HD, 3d models, voice acting, everything.

Okami 2 for PS4.

Shining Force 3 re-release for PS4. All scenarios translated, graphics cleaned up, etc.

Nimby

Banned
Hopes from Sony:
PSN name changes
Full mouse + keyboard support for shooters
New Fromsoft game (assuming it's not at Microsofts)

Hopes from Nintendo:
Reveal more Switch titles

wanders

GTA V on Switch
GTA V on Switch
GTA V on Switch
GTA V on Switch
GTA V on Switch
GTA V on Switch
GTA V on Switch

Zackat

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC. I've said this before, but if there is an orchestra and they start playing Aloy's theme I will be goin crazy.

Turkoop

Banned
Lol turkoop you got like a slim chance for two of those one more than the other

giphy.gif

Neoxon

• Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - I just want some character reveals, more details on the story, & some spotlight on the modes. Since we mostly got veterans last month, bombard us with newcomers now. Fire at us Star-Lord, Black Widow, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Ant-Man, Asura, & whoever else (these are just examples, but I have a good feeling about all of them for Day 1). Also, some character renders & character theme previews would be nice, too.
  • Street Fighter V - Hopefuly Ed would be out by E3, so hopefully the June character is still on-schedule.
  • Devil May Cry 5 - To be honest, I don't think we'll get news on DMC5 this year. I'd love to be wrong, especially for the sake of Dahbomb & Son Of Sparda, but it's one of those gut feelings that I have right now that I can't shake for some reason. All the same, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom drops a bombshell at E3, be it DMC5 or something else.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - I expect it to be awesome, we all expect it to be awesome, so just give us the goods, Nintendo.
  • Spider-Man (PS4) - I'm honestly not sure if this will be ready for this year. But regardless, I hope to see more info on the game at E3. And given that press junket that apparently went down (correct me if I'm mistaken), I think we may indeed get some more Spidey info at E3 this year.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch / Smash 4 Deluxe (?) - It's pretty likely that we'll get a Smash 4 port at this point, but likely & for-sure are two totally different things. Hopefully Nintendo just reveals the game at E3 if it's indeed real with some new characters (Inkling, Spring Man, the return of the Ice Climbers, etc.).
  • Pokémon Stars (?) - As we get closer to the end of May, my hopes for this game being real grow dimmer by the day. I only hope that (if we don't get anything Pokémon this month) that for some reason, The Pokémon Company finally decided to be a team player & join in on the E3 festivities by actually saving the Stars reveal for E3. I wouldn't say it's likely, but that's what I'm hoping for if there's no May reveal.

Hope ->Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer showing Tifa in Action -> Dream (Release Date 2018)
Hope ->Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer showing the Worlds -> Dream (Release Date 2018)

Absolute ultra super duper mega dream:

Sony Japan showing an AAA JRPG (balee dat #TeamVerendus/StillBelieve)

Zyrox

Gimme that Smash 4 Switch. Significantly enhanced (i.e. more than Mario Kart) port with new characters, 3DS and Wii U stages combined and stuff. Man I just want to see that firey Smash logo...shit is my hype drug.

Otherwise I wanna see more of SPIDER-MAN (don't really care about the character but I love Insomniac) and of course I wanna see a juicy trailer of Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Anything else cool that gets announced is just a bounus.

Wozman23

Hopes:
A 2017 release date for God of War
A 2017 release date for Sucker Punch's game
A 2017 release date for Cuphead
A 2017 release date for Vane
A 2017 release date for Hellblade
A completely new Ratchet & Clank
Horizon DLC
Anything from Microsoft, preferably a new IP, to give me something to look forward to.

Dreams (in increasing order of unlikeliness):
Velocity 3
A Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time sequel
PlayStation All-Stars sequel
The Order: 1886 sequel
Resistance 4 from Insomniac
Puppeteer 2
Another Queasy Games rhythm game
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Psi-Ops 2

DJIzana

Hope: Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer/gameplay

Prediction: Spiderman gameplay

Dream: Chrono Trigger 2 for PS4. Full HD, 3d models, voice acting, everything.

Okami 2 for PS4.

Shining Force 3 re-release for PS4. All scenarios translated, graphics cleaned up, etc.

I share that Chrono Trigger dream. Even a Chrono Cross 2 or a remake...

I'd also like a PSO Episode 1 and 2 remake or new Phantasy Star game.

Ultimately those are my two wishes.

I really hope Crackdown 3 was worth the wait.

Devil May Cry 5 (would be cool if it was like the RE7 reveal with a release date, demo and everything)

Forza 7 shown off having been optimized for Scorpio

Spider Man PS4 release date or more gameplay from the show floor.

Sea of thieves release date

New IPs or the rebirth of beloved IPs for Xbox. It desperately needs good exclusives.

Edit: Also, a Final Fantasy Versus expansion would be also be greatly appreciated. I mean FFXV is essentially in early access at this point.

Nesther

Microsoft:
Banjo-Threeie

Nintendo:
Animal Crossing
Pikmin 4
Smash Switch with Bomberman

Sony:
Ape Escape 4

These are my dreams. I don't think any of these are going to show up, even though the Nintendo ones are the most reasonable ones.

Comandr

My hopes:
Tons of FFVIIR news. (lol)
Borderlands 3
more Detroit

My dreams:
Monster Hunter 5
Skyrim 2: Journey to Elsweyr
Ni no Kuni remaster

Microsoft:
Banjo-Threeie

Nintendo:
Animal Crossing
Pikmin 4
Smash Switch with Bomberman

Sony:
Ape Escape 4

These are my dreams. I don't think any of these are going to show up, even though the Nintendo ones are the most reasonable ones.

I was thinking about Banjo 3 as well but then forgot that Rare is developing Sea of Thieves and then I thought that Microsoft probably wouldn't want a beloved IP like Banjo to take away from a new IP. New IPs are hard to sell enough as it is. Although it would be a huge gain. Maybe next E3?

Top Bottom