• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2020 will be held June 9-11 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

E3, where the world gathers to see and shape the future of the video game industry, concluded today, offering millions of gamers around the globe a look into the future of the $135 billion industry. With 66,100 in attendance and millions more watching and participating online, E3 is the annual epicenter of game news and technological innovation, setting agenda for the industry’s year ahead and showcasing the world’s most anticipated games. The Entertainment Software Association (ESA), the trade association that represents the U.S. video game industry and owns and produces E3, also announced that E3 2020 will take place June 9-11 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

“E3 is where the video game industry’s biggest brands and biggest fans converge to shape the future. E3’s energy and excitement were felt in the halls, on the floors, and press conferences,” said Stanley Pierre-Louis, CEO of ESA. “We broke records, saw incredible innovations, and had breathtaking moments that entertained the world. Congratulations to our creative and innovative exhibitors, members, and partners who made such a fantastic E3 possible.”

E3 2019 featured more than 200 exhibitors, approximately a quarter of which exhibited at the event for the first time. E3 Coliseum’s back-to-back schedule gave a colorful behind-the-scenes look at the most anticipated games and announcements of the year. Photo and video from the three days of the show are available on Multivu and Getty Images.

E3 dominated the social media landscape this week. Since the start of E3, there have been more than 3.2 million E3 conversations on Twitter. The E3 Coliseum drew more than 1.2 million viewers of discussions with the brightest minds from business and entertainment.

giphy.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
2020 can't be any worse than 2019.

for starters we'll get a proper look at Halo Infinite. Breath of the Wild 2 will probably appear (with a release date hopefully).

both Sony + MS will be there to fully show off their next gen hardware and not just a codename or skip it altogether. we'll get a look at the launch exclusives for both consoles.

imo the only good things about E3 this year were Cyberpunk + BOTW 2. everything else was ass.

It's very safe to assume that E3 2020 will be glorious and here is why

-Sony-

• Sony's Presence
  • Full PlayStation 5 Reveal including Launch Titles and Price
  • First Reveal of Sony's 1st Party Next Gen Game(s)
  • Surprises
-Microsoft-
  • Halo Infinite Full Gameplay Reveal
  • Full Project Scarlett Reveal including Launch Titles and Price
  • Actual Next-Gen Xbox Game Studios reveals such as Fable and possibly games even like Perfect Dark
  • Surprises
-Nintendo-

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Surprises
-3rd Party-

• Big Next Gen Reveals from our favorite 3rd Party Studios such as Ubisoft, Capcom, Square, and the list goes on.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Definitely going to be more interesting than this year. Especially that E3 2020 will happen just 5-6 months away from next-gen launch

Thabass

The next E3 of Dreams will arrive in 2020. It's going to be a big one.

That is, if they can keep their security on the up and up.

H4ze

I am already hyped again, favorite time of the year, not lying.
The only time I take off from work 100% every year. <3 <3

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Great even MORE people crowding the hell out of LACC. I was supposed to go last year but I decided it was too crowded and too much of a hassle, so I passed.

I wish I could just buy cheap ticket to Xbox at the Microsoft Theater. That's pretty much all I care about anyway. The Theater is HUGE compared to the crappy booths inside LACC, well air-conditioned and ever so much nicer.

Petrae

This is going to be such a dumpster fire. More fans than press, yet press will get special treatment and bump the riff-raff off of demos, leading to some pretty pissed off paying attendees.

Trying to get to that next appointment for legit press is going to be a game in and of itself, as they’ll have to maneuver through more people (and even more ripe odor) to get there.

Exhibitors are going to have to be careful as fans are like bulls in a china shop, breaking shit everywhere. They’ll demand swag. Some will probably even attempt to steal shit. All the while, this will stretch exhibitor staffing thin as people will need to keep a closer eye on things.

If I was a decision-maker for a publisher or platform holder, I wouldn’t spend millions of dollars on a shitty wannabe event like this. It used to be legitimate. An actual trade show, with understood expectations of attendees and a place where you could actually get stuff done. If I want to appeal to fans, I’ll rent out my own venue and safe myself the exorbitant ESA exhibitor fees. I’d take the spotlight for myself instead of sharing it with everyone else. I’d still have a video presentation to roll during E3 with announcements and such, but that’s it.

Well, maybe the ESA learned to take better care of attendees’ personal data and it won’t be so easy for someone to get in and steal it this year. Maybe.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
Desperate by not cancelling an event which is 3 1/2 months away? We'll probably have a vaccine within the month.
You think it’s that easy to get pharma to manufacture vaccines and get them approved in such a short order? Not without major government intervention. (So.... not happening for probably 9 months.)

Also in 3 1/2 months the virus will bein your community, this will be a long uphill battle.

also... Fuck China.

Last edited:

Panaphonics

Banned
Also in 3 1/2 months the virus will bein your community, this will be a long uphill battle.

Nah. It’s like the flu season. By then it will be much much less we are going to see. Maybe still a few cases in Asia until July.
But US and Europe should be safe by the.

Panaphonics

Banned
Yeah. It's not going to happen. E3, like all the other responsible conventions right now, will be postpone!

Right now? It’s in JUNE. By then it’s going to be almost over. Like the FLU season. Also this isn’t a public convention. Not many people will be there. Mostly industry.

Right now? It’s in JUNE. By then it’s going to be almost over. Like the FLU season. Also this isn’t a public convention. Not many people will be there. Mostly industry.

It won't be over. Not by a long shot. COVID-19 needs to be absorbed by the population before it will phase out. Just be cautious when you are out and about this year.

bitbydeath

Nope, it’s barely just getting started.
Vaccines won’t help since it’s so easy to spread and you can get it again, just like the flu.

You think it’s that easy to get pharma to manufacture vaccines and get them approved in such a short order? Not without major government intervention. (So.... not happening for probably 9 months.)

also... Fuck China.
It's already in my community, all 6 people in the US have died in my community.

Top Bottom