• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2020 will be held June 9-11 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
Right now? It’s in JUNE. By then it’s going to be almost over. Like the FLU season. Also this isn’t a public convention. Not many people will be there. Mostly industry.
Please stop talking, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Also E3 has been open to the public for over a decade (ruined the convention).

SpartanN92

Banned
Right now? It’s in JUNE. By then it’s going to be almost over. Like the FLU season. Also this isn’t a public convention. Not many people will be there. Mostly industry.

You greatly underestimate how many people attend E3. Also they now have public passes albeit a limited amount.

Last edited:

Panaphonics

Banned
Please stop talking, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Also E3 has been open to the public for over a decade (ruined the convention).

lol. The last day. Yeah. After all the sessions etc.

also, you DO know that SARS in 2003 was already over in June right? Same like any flu season. Why would it be different here? Clearly, you don’t know how it works. Smh

JAMMA

also, you DO know that SARS in 2003 was already over in June right? Same like any flu season. Why would it be different here? Clearly, you don’t know how it works. Smh
Only 8000 confirmed cases during the ENTIRE OUTBREAK from beginning to end and it was mostly isolated by location. It’s not the exact same virus nor was it handled as well.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Because it’s infecting a hell of a lot more.

If the virus reaches a global pandemic, as looks almost certain, between 15 million and 68 million people around the world will die, the modelling suggests.

In case anybody was wondering Tuesday is Industry only day, Wednesday and Thursday open to the public. I like it better this way instead of waking up in the morning lol

JAMMA

3.4 out of 100 people that get sick WILL die. Everyone needs to stop downplaying this. It’s spreading like wildfire.

Hug your kids.

4nEFioA.jpg

yEfBeXj.jpg

Panaphonics

Banned
Because it’s infecting a hell of a lot more.

I can’t take you seriously anymore. Lol

anyway, even if they cancel e3. Microsoft will just have a digital event, or a mixer stream.

even for GDC they said they will have a digital only event with streaming.
No biggie.
It’s not like Sony, where they cancel GDC and do NOT have a digital event. Just SILENCE.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Total number of global infections & deaths.

Is this funny to you?
I don't think he's laughing with the deaths, more with the hyperbole. Nevertheless this is more part of Politics or Off-Topic than Gaming

xrnzaaas

There's no reason to argue about it right now. It's still a lot of time until June, a lot can change in the US and in the rest of the world during that time period.

VulcanRaven

I know that people are claiming that the show has played out it's role and should disappear but I don't agree at all. We need a couple of days every year where the industry comes together to celebrate gaming. I hope Sony is back next year, should be a crazy next-gen party.
I agree. I think people would miss E3 if it ended.

Last edited:
After Coronavirus outbreak officially reached United States....just cancel this show already....

Youre putting yourself at risk by attending this show....

Panaphonics

Banned
After Coronavirus outbreak officially reached United States....just cancel this show already....

Youre putting yourself at risk by attending this show....

why cancel? Just do a digital event For the keynotes . Just like Microsoft did with GDC just having the sessions digitally with streaming etc.
Easy.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
We will continue to be vigilant, as our first priority is the health, wellness and safety of all of our exhibitors and attendees. Given what we know at this time, we are moving ahead full speed with E3 2020 planning. Exhibit and registration sales are on track for an exciting show in June.
Good. Plenty can change in three months

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Great even MORE people crowding the hell out of LACC. I was supposed to go last year but I decided it was too crowded and too much of a hassle, so I passed.

I wish I could just buy cheap ticket to Xbox at the Microsoft Theater. That's pretty much all I care about anyway. The Theater is HUGE compared to the crappy booths inside LACC, well air-conditioned and ever so much nicer.
Bruh....... I mean, sis.

Panaphonics

Banned
Anyone else notice that its primarily Sony fans that want E3 to end? I mean, like, how miserable do you have to be to want to end a celebrated event like E3 because your favorite box won't be there? God damn... Smh

yeah. Pathetic. Imagine them if Microsoft wouldn’t be there, but Sony would. People would shit on Microsoft pretty hard

Fragment

Almost every flu dead is tested for Corona at the moment, so you get kind of a near exact number there. But not all people infected with Corona are recorded. There is probably a large group of people who have slight symptoms only and don't even get tested.

Means, your percentage number is incredibly skewed.

There was a death here in the United States a few days ago in Washington state where someone died and they did not know they died of the Coronavirus until after they began an autopsy, more than likely exposing those people as well.

His "incorrect" percentage is the OFFICIAL death rate from the World Health Organization which is lead by a scumbag corrupt communist by the name of Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, that serves as a mouth piece for China's Communist Party. This scumbag when Coronavirus happened made speeches about people not quarantining from China in order to preserve their "Economy" and encouraging travel there.

While the total number of infected and dead may be unknown we have to use the known numbers and use those to attempt to create factual numbers.

The Death rate for the virus is much higher than the official 3.4%.

When you contract the Virus there is 2 outcomes; Recovery or Death. If the number of "Recovered" is 50,000 and the number of dead is 3,000 then the death rate is AT LEAST 6%.. however the number may be higher or lower since we do not know all infected or all the dead and some places like China LIE.

The mainstream media when this virus first hit all put out pieces about how the flu is so much worse and we should not worry about this. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MSM. The corrupt World Health Organization's numbers show this virus is THIRTY TIMES MORE DEADLY than the flu (which has a death rate of 0.1%). The rate of infection per person for the common flu is around 1.5% meaning each person with the flu will infect around 1 and a half people. The rate of infection for this is multitudes higher.

And yeah I get it some people think people are "fear mongering" but this is something to seriously take precautions for.

Most of us will survive and the World will go on as usual after this passes.

The medical and insurance industry is going to make trillions and trillions off of this.

The computer industry is going to crash short term as all component manufacturing in China has completely shut down, this is good for them as they can now unload back stock for high prices with no new parts being manufactured for a long time. After this passes production will ramp up and we will have record breaking sales I would assume. We won't be getting new consoles this year and right now that's not even a concern of mine.

The only big hit I see is tourism and airline industries who may not ever recover or not for a long time.

For those of you who don't understand how serious this is all virtually all of our prescriptions especially the generic ones come from China and India all of which have been halted. There will be a drug shortage in the USA in a few months, basic things that many people require to function. If you don't think this will affect you think again.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

yeah. Pathetic. Imagine them if Microsoft wouldn’t be there, but Sony would. People would shit on Microsoft pretty hard
People shit on Microsoft becuase they don't have many decent games.

People have been criticizing E3 for years. To pretend it is a Sony thing is simply rewriting history

Kadve

You think it’s that easy to get pharma to manufacture vaccines and get them approved in such a short order? Not without major government intervention. (So.... not happening for probably 9 months.)

I also doubt they wan't another swine flu situation where the vaccine was rushed out and had long term side effects, such as the whole narcolopsi thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom