• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2020 will be held June 9-11 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

waylo

Banned
They cancelled it because Sony's not going, not because of some disease that kills less than the flu.
Jeff Gerstmann made that point on last weeks Bombcast. They can say it was the Coronovirus, but we all know the real reason. This is simply incredibly convenient for them.

He also believes that if they cancel this year, there will be no more E3 because people will realize we don't need it and everyone is better off just doing their own thing. I agree with him.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
He also believes that if they cancel this year, there will be no more E3 because people will realize we don't need it and everyone is better off just doing their own thing. I agree with him.
I honestly think they'll notice that we DO need it. Doing everything at 1 event will give you way more traction and a bigger audience. Companies like Bethesda, Ubisoft, SquareEnix, will know notice a lot less people watching their online conference which they won't be happy with. So pretty sure E3 will be back next year.

Not everyone can pull off what Sony is trying to do. They are actually the only company that might be able to do this properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They cancelled it because Sony's not going, not because of some disease that kills less than the flu.

Attendance was only down 4.3% last year when Sony weren't there. Take off the tin foil hat, events are being cancelled/postponed everywhere right now. Coachella got pushed back this morning.

Whitecrow

Banned
Jeff Gerstmann made that point on last weeks Bombcast. They can say it was the Coronovirus, but we all know the real reason. This is simply incredibly convenient for them.

It's a virus that causes pneumonia and its hight infection rate colapses hospitals and health centers, reduces drastically its workforce, and leaves patients with more serious diseases with problems to being properly treated.

Arun1910

I'm glad.

I used to stay up late for this event every year but it's got so dire the past few years. We don't NEED events like this. Online streams by each company will be enough and more focused.

Too much cringe (even though sometimes it is funny) and not enough gameplay showcases.
Online streams for an hour or 2 by each company would be way better.

DonF

You guys think that e3 is just press conferences? no, there are business to be had, CEO and investors meet there.

I strongly believe that they are canceling the show part, but the meetings ...they can't cancel that...

Can’t believe hardcore gamers are happy about this.

This is supposed to be OUR EVENT and you are happy with that. Smh.
Because these companies have resorted to either showing the same thing every year or showing nothing at all. Ubisoft didn't even have a decent conference until they unveiled Beyond Good and Evil 2 and EA has never really had a good conference, and they don't give the people what they want like a new Skate game.

Boring and cringey shows are half of what E3 is, in reality the audience is missing nothing but the show floor attendees will and that's unfortunate, but don't forget about the journalist controversy from last year, because that would have gotten worse this year.

You guys think that e3 is just press conferences? no, there are business to be had, CEO and investors meet there.

I strongly believe that they are canceling the show part, but the meetings ...they can't cancel that...
I'm more concerned about the attendees, business can be held at any time, they can just reschedule if that's the case.

Hopefully the Xbox digital event won't be cringe filled.
You're expecting too much IMO.

Attendance was only down 4.3% last year when Sony weren't there. Take off the tin foil hat, events are being cancelled/postponed everywhere right now. Coachella got pushed back this morning.
Source? Not like it matters because Nintendo hasn't held conferences in years, but because of the fact that attendees /=/ conferences and I just want to be absolutely sure.

It depends on who tuned into those keynotes IMO, otherwise people go to E3 like normal because associates from all of the companies will be there on the show floor, even with demos. Look at the buzz and hype surrounding trailers and overall traction and attention being delivered to the audience.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Source? Not like it matters because Nintendo hasn't held conferences in years, but because of the fact that attendees /=/ conferences and I just want to be absolutely sure.

Unfortunately their own link to the E3 site 404s now. Even if it's not exactly 4.3%, the point is Sony not being there has nothing to do with the fact that it was called off this year.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
This sounds like a bad idea, since it would take place rather soon after the pandemic, assuming that the pandemic ends before then. Hence, there could be a chance for a resurgence of the virus. This event should not take place. I think that large gatherings should be prohibited until spring of 2021.

This sounds like a bad idea, since it would take place rather soon after the pandemic, assuming that the pandemic ends before then. Hence, there could be a chance for a resurgence of the virus. This event should not take place. I think that large gatherings should be prohibited until spring of 2021.

Chicken little much? I think the whole think is overblown and a hoax.

Max_Po

Banned
Right now? It’s in JUNE. By then it’s going to be almost over. Like the FLU season. Also this isn’t a public convention. Not many people will be there. Mostly industry.

I am glad this moron is banned. There is hyper fan boy bullshit we all post but indirectly implying that COVID 19 is like flu and nothing major deserves a punch in the face. Fuck this clown.

Top Bottom