• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 begins in 100 days- what are we expecting?

With Nintendo I expect the only thing they talk about for Wii U is any unreleased games we already know about and Zelda. They'll show a trailer and gameplay for Zelda and focus on its NX port, then talk about future NX games such as Retros project (I think Metroid Prime) a new Mario, perhaps Animal Crossibg, and any other games they will port over from Wii U such as Smash Bros.

As for the 3DS? Pokemon, any unreleased titles, and NX ports and showing off how the handheld NX will work.

Edit: almost forgot but Nintendos first real mobile games.

Javier

As always, I'm much more hyped for ReactionGAF than anything that might be shown.

Actual answer: Hyped for NX reveal.

Akiraptor

On Nintendo's side, I expect new device stuff:

• NX unveiled
  • Zelda Wii U/NX
  • Smash Bros. NX (port)
  • Mario NX
  • Amiibo
  • Xenoblade Chronicles NX
Wii U will be sent off with Paper Mario: Color Splash and Zelda Wii U (though only NX footage will be shown). 3DS will focus on Pokémon Sun/Moon.

Bethesda will tease
Elder Scrolls VI.

:(

Lucreto

Last year will be hard to beat.

I expect

NX
NX Mario
NX/WiiU Zelda
Final Fantasy VII Remake Aerith and Tifa reveal.
Final Fantasy XII Remaster
Gears of War 4
Forza
Halo Wars 2
The Last Guardian
Horizon
Mass Effect Andromeda gameplay
Mass Effect Remaster
Skyrim Remaster

Haunted

Not expecting a ton tbh. Won't get much out of the biggest thing at E3 this year, because VR games coverage is worthless without experiencing it yourself.

Extremely skeptical about Nintendo's NX.

Expecting nothing but shit from Microsoft again.

Looking for a PS4 price drop/bundle that makes it enticing to jump on board.

Interested whether PCGamer organises another PC-centric talk show, last year's was kinda fun and filled a hole that was missing for a while.

Can't talk about individual games, I haven't been able to follow the news closely enough lately.

jax

Banned
whatever is announced will be in the NX shadow unless it's also coming to NX. Nintendo is about to knock it out of the park with this thing.

18-Volt

Sony
Bend PS4 game
Sucker Punch PS4/VR game (it's inFamous 4)
The Last of Us 2 teaser
TLG, Horizon release dates (surprise! they're both 2017)
Killzone VR, supposed to be killer app for VR
Resistance VR
Dreams (renamed to something else) and Detroit for this fall

Nintendo

No NX reveal, it should have been revealed weeks prior
NX games: Kid Icarus, BG&E 2, Bayo 3, 3D Mario, Zelda Wii U/NX, Mario Kart 9, Smash Ultimate, and maybe something... special?
Bunch of 3rd party stuff/ports (FF15, FF7, KH3, Tales of Berseria, Ninja Gaiden etc)

Microsoft
I... I just realized I really don't care about them.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Sony
-PS4 Slim
-Sony Bend finally unveils their new game
-Detroit Become Human demo
-Naughty Dog teases Crash
-God Of War IV reveal
-TLG demo with Holiday 2016 release
-Horizon Zero Dawn demo with Fall 2016 release
-PSVR $400 with everything included
-Gran Tursimo Sport with PSVR support
-New Sucker Punch game reveal

Still holding out for a Shenmue HD Collection as well. I could see Adam Boyes announcing that to tide people over while the wait for Shenmue III continues, but also to garner new fans to the franchise to further ensure that Suzuki's upcoming project is a success.

Basically, if it doesn't happen before III is out, it's never ever happening.

b3b0p

Game Boy 2.

A new Nintendo console.

Some launch games for the new Nintendo console.

Pilot Wings.

Would a VR Pilot Wings be dope? VR parachuting from thousands of feet, jet pack through rings, ...

Mother 3 rumor comes true.

wildbite

I hope to see gameplay for ReCore, in-depth gameplay for Horizon: Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda, and a new IP from Bethesda.

Deep Down is not a megaton in any shape or form.

Agent and Crash would be big but.. FF7R, Shenmue 3 and TLG big? We'll never get that again, 3 megatons in one show.

In the grand scheme of things I don't see Shenmue or TLG (And I am really excited for TLG) big at all. Don't get me wrong last year was amazing but those announcements are aimed directly at the hardcore and nostalgia, I think people over hype those announcements quite a bit.

bitbydeath

Deep Down is not a megaton in any shape or form.

Agent and Crash would be big but.. FF7R, Shenmue 3 and TLG big? We'll never get that again, 3 megatons in one show.

Yea, hence the question mark. I can't think of any others that can reach megaton status outside of Warhawk. (Doubt it'll happen though)

rrc1594

In the grand scheme of things I don't see Shenmue or TLG (And I am really excited for TLG) big at all. Don't get me wrong last year was amazing but those announcements are aimed directly at the hardcore and nostalgia, I think people over hype those announcements quite a bit.

They did. After that day I assume a lot people on Gaf are much older then me

SalvaPot

xqfUNCH.jpg

Robcat

Banned
I'm looking forward to reactions about reactions! Last year got really weird on GAF and I expect no different this year.

Sulik2

Sony needs to have games for the fall. Their first party output has been abysmal this gen. Until Dawn hopefully has a nice showing.

Elios83

Nintendo
Focus will be the NX of course, hopefully they can gather some decent support for launch besides the obvious port of Zelda U. The BG&E2 rumor would be nice for them if true. DQXI also on NX would be cool for them. I don't have any faith in western publishers supporting them seriously besides some ports of PS4/X1 titles.

Microsoft
I dunno, there seems to be a lot of confusion in the company right now.
They have basically acknowledged internally that the Xbox One won't get the results they were hoping for and they are transitioning to an other business model.
Surely they are working on some hardware revisions but announcements are unlikely to be made in June if the actual products will be released in November since that would kill their business in the meantime.
On the software side I guess that Gears of War 4 will be their main title like Halo 5 last year. A new Forza, Halo Wars 2, the pirates game by Rare, ReCore will also get the spotlight. A couple of new games will be announced. Third party demos for those titles where they got the marketing rights will be at the conference as well.

Sony
I think that a good chunk of it will suck honestly :p
They have to show their love and respect for their unprecedented partnership with Activision.
So next COD on stage, Bungie and whatever they're doing next on stage.
Then at least 15 minutes will be dedicated to PSVR with new games announced, something similar to what happened in the Paris Games Week conference.
Fortunately after that I also expect many interesting updates to already announced games.
The Last Guardian with a final release date, new Horizon demo with release date, first Shenmue 3 official trailer, new trailer for FFVII remake, FFXV will be close to release date and will be pushed as well. Gran Turismo Sport will get a new trailer, coming in some form at the end of 2016. They also have many interesting japanese games to promote (Gravity Rush 2, Ni Oh, Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, new Hot Shot Golf) but E3 doesn't seem to be the right venue for those titles.
Big surprises will be God of War 4, Bend's horror game and maybe the new Sucker Punch game.
The only possible megatons I see are Crash is back, Kojima on stage to tease his new game announcing concept and genre, but it might be too soon. Overall I don't think it's possible to match what happened last year.
I also expect them to be working on a PS4 Slim revision (without upgraded components :p) but again E3 might not be the appropriate event to announce such things.

What I would really want to see at E3

MS
Proper Gears of War 4 Gameplay
Maybe something Alan Wake related (pls)

Sony
Ni No Kuni 2 Gameplay
Gameplay from Detroid: Become Human

Nintendo
NX and stuff

Take 2
Bioshock Collection (pls)
New Bioshock
New Red Dead (bring it on)
Borderlands 3 announcement

Bethesda
Dishonored 2 Gameplay
Fallout 4 DLC
Maybe a teaser for TES6 (but probably not happening)
New Game from MachineGames

EA
Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay
New Battlefield (please be WWI)
Titanfall 2
A promising Star Wars game

Ubisoft
Southpark Fractured but hole Gameplay and Release date
New IPs like Valiant Hearts

Capcom
Resident Evil 7
Dragon's Dogma 2 teaser

Rest
Cyberpunk 2077 stuff
New Game from 4A games

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Still holding out for a Shenmue HD Collection as well. I could see Adam Boyes announcing that to tide people over while the wait for Shenmue III continues, but also to garner new fans to the franchise to further ensure that Suzuki's upcoming project is a success.

Basically, if it doesn't happen before III is out, it's never ever happening.
What about the Microsoft exclusivity thing they did with Shenmue II? Wouldn't that stop a collection from ever happening or something?

Coxy100

Banned
Great OP - whilst I can't be sure for obvious reasons (who knows!) I can't see anything topping last year - shenmue reveal was the stuff of dreams!

Freeman

Banned
Crash.
News about next R* game.
Knack PS+.
Sucker Punch New IP.
Bend New IP.
Sony\From Software new game.
PaRappa VR.
Half Life 3 for VR(all devices)..
Second teaser for Steampunk.

Low Lights
Sony charging for PS1 games with trophies.
Explanation on why Persona 5 was delayed to 2017 in the west.

Sawneeks

Banned
Nintendo is going to be the NX blowout that will leave people wondering how Nintendo will survive another generation. Zelda Wii U is re-revealed and will be a launch title for NX. Talk about their Mobile Games, My Nintendo, and partnership with Universal. Not many games announced to release between E3 and the NX launch. NX launch titles = ????

Sony = PSVR blowout. Price, release date, and launch titles. Hopefully more info on the 'many Star Wars games in development', Horizon: Zero Dawn, and whatever Sucker Punch is doing these days. I have a dream that Bloodborne 2 will be talked about but that's not going to happen and I'm not expecting much on FF7 either. Hopefully a new Crash game is announced but who knows.

Microsoft is going to be on games, Windows 10 games, and maybe something for their HoloLens project. Not expecting any huge announcements here, especially when compared to Nintendo's new console and Sony with their VR.

Agent
Crash
Deep Down?

Agent, Crash and Deep Down?

1 + 1 + 1?

Half Life 3 confirmed.

DKHF

Wait, we are still expecting Horizon to be released this year?
I'm just being optimistic, there's a good chance it will be delayed. Though the studio has little precedent for delays (only one for Killzone 2 which wasn't because the game wasn't ready but for a strategic reason from Sony)

TEJ

A release date for kingdom hearts 2.8 and a trailer for kingdom hearts 3 showing off the big hero 6 world and a frozen world tease.

After seeing zootopia a zootopia world would be nice as would a release date for kh3.

Top Bottom