• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 begins in 100 days- what are we expecting?

TM94

Sony

Crash Bandicoot reboot
Uncharted 4 DLC
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Silent Hill debut footage
Sony Bend
God of War IV
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Destiny new expansion which Adam Boyes will wank over

Microsoft

Phil Spencer wears a shirt with a game developer logo on it
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
Scalebound
New Bioshock debut footage
Forza Horizon 3
Minecraft 2

Nintendo

NX everything
Zelda NX/Wii U
Retro's new project
Metroid NX
New 3D Mario NX

EA

Cringeworthy celeb appearances
Mass Effect Andromeda
Titanfall 2
Battlefront DLC
Visceral Games Star Wars
Battlefield
Criterion Games project

Ubisoft

Aisha Tyler
Watch Dogs 2
The Division DLC
Ghost Recon Wildlands
For Honor
Rayman
South Park

Everything else

Dishonored 2
Fallout 4 DLC
New Wolfenstein
Prey 2 re-imagined
The Evil Within 2
Civ VI
New Red Dead
Shadow of Mordor 2

AdanVC

Fucking. N. X.

Nintendo needs to steal the show this year and make it memorable, otherwise I don't know how they would continue being relevant to the masses. Go big or go home, Nintendo! I haven't been hyped on something Nintendo related since E3 last year and we all know how that end up :(

What about the Microsoft exclusivity thing they did with Shenmue II? Wouldn't that stop a collection from ever happening or something?

As far as I know Sega own the IP and it's entirely up to them whether a HD collection comes to fruition or not. Microsoft have no bearing on such a decision.

JohnDrake

I'm just being optimistic, there's a good chance it will be delayed. Though the studio has little precedent for delays (only one for Killzone 2 which wasn't because the game wasn't ready but for a strategic reason from Sony)

There is nothing indicating otherwise yet, who knows.

I think they will end up pushing it to early 2017 and The Last Guardian will get released in September or October.

jbug617

Banned
E3 is all about Nintendo. Excited to see Nintendo's launch lineup and what 3rd parties are present.

Sony is sort of a mystery because I don't know what will they show for new announcements. How much VR do they focus on.

Microsoft is more predictable. Opens with Gears 4 and we will see footage of Recore, Halo Wars 2 (might save that for the PC E3 show) and the next Forza. Would not surprise me if they partnered with another Japanese developer on a exclusive.

EvB

I'm expecting loads of terrible fashion

Major Nelson's terrible shirts
Business Suits with no ties and the top button undone
Lots of Suit jackets and Jeans From Lower lower ranking faces
Pony tailed developers with beards and black tshirts
Maybe the a Director wearing a 1998 Tom Cruise motorcycle
Jacket
I'll-fitting game t-shirts that come in 2 varieties. Super obvious and geeky reference

Plus one guy who is so hip and cool , he looks so out of place and goes 360 degrees back to geek

Memento

I see a lot of people predicting Bloodborne 2. Are you guys crazy? Dark Souls 3 will be released next month. Unless Miyazaki really is a God, I dont know how you guys could think of that. Maybe at PSX 2016 they could have a CG trailer, but E3? Nope.

Demons Souls Remastered in the other hand...

FelipeMGM

Wait, we are still expecting Horizon to be released this year?

Its the date Guerrilla has been saying for the past 8 months, so yep.

Unless you are actually John Drake, then you just leaked the Horizon delay

I see a lot of people predicting Bloodborne 2. Are you guys crazy? Dark Souls 3 will be released next month. Unless Miyazaki really is a God, I dont know how you guys could think of that. Maybe PSX 2016 the could have a CG trailer, but E3? Nope.

Demons Souls Remastered in the other hand...

Well, first thing is that Bloodborne was out March 2015 and Darks Souls III was revealed at E3 2015, less than 3 months apart. Showing BB2 would be pretty much the same scenario

Second thing, I truly think Studio Japan can make a Bloodborne sequel without From Software at this point. BB was the second souls game they worketd on, and I think they did most of the work on the DLC?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mostly interested in NX. While there might be some information about the system revealed before E3, the grand reveal will likely be in conjunction with E3. Maybe in a press conference, which I hope, or in a Digital Event.

daTRUballin

I'm thinking we'll see more of Sea of Thieves at Microsoft's E3, and maybe a new Battletoads (going off of all the hints we've had over the last couple years)? Also, Microsoft pretty much owes us a new Conker after all those Project Spark and Young Conker shenanigans, but I'm not exactly counting on it for E3. :/

Nintendo's inevitable NX reveal should be interesting as well.

AmyS

Namco shows a full trailer for Ace Combat 7, some story, some gameplay.
Announces PSVR features/modes.

jdstorm

Banned
Nintendo is going to win E3 in a landslide. But it will be exciting all around.

First it will be announced that the NX is A new portable console, with PS4 level power that can leverage it better due to the Vulcan API. It will be launching 2016. All their A Team first party studios have new games ready to go, with most having cross gen ports. That's going to be huge. Then they are going to show the NX home console (due 2017) which will be pushing close to 6Tflps. Then Nintendo will show off its daisy chaining technology and how using a scaleable OS plus multiple devices will allow a 4 player local multiplayer game to be pushing close to 20TFLPs through a normal TV.

Combine that with complete third party support. (All the Japanese developers will be on board, Ubisoft will be there at the start, and if Nintendo gets EA on board (any console will be DOA without FIFA in Europe and Madden in the U.S.) and Gen 9 is starting in 2016.

I'd Expect Sony to Push VR hard. Show it as a completely new experience. Show a few new first party games. show lots of Horizon footage, and push Ps+ hard. Then End the Show announcing the PS5 is coming 2018. With full digital backwards compatibility to the ps4. With the goal being to get PlayStation owners to skip nintendos new console for VR and then buy sonys comparable release in 2018. (Which would give the ps4 a 4 year life cycle) The shared software base will also help the ps4 get additional cross gen support when the ps5 launches.

Microsoft will also be looking to launch new hardware. In practise it will be an Xbox 1+ and it will launch with a high price point. (600usd) to appropriately leverage High level PC settings. It will be marketed at rich people who want PC level graphics with the simplicity of a plug and play console. It will be sold as a limited edition device and have a small manufacturing run. If Microsoft are really smart they will make sure it can run Star Citizen. To give it a graphical showcase. If it does well I'd expect an xbox 1++ in 2017 and the Xbox 2 in 2018. Giving the one a 4 year life cycle. I'd also expect Microsoft to double down on great exclusives since they are hoping to get PC gamers to pay for Xbox Live

farisr

PS1 BC for PS4
A new Crash Bandicoot game that takes cues from DKC Tropical Freeze (as in retain the same style as the original trilogy but try to improve upon it).

I'll be completely happy if that happens. Even if everything else turns out disappointing, I'd still be happy.

Sony

More of what we saw last year (Horizon, TLG, etc.)
Sucker Punch
GT
Santa Monica

MS

God only know what's going to go on during this conference given recent news

Nintendo

NX
Zelda
Hopefully third party support

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll eat a hat if l4d3 isn't showed this year.

Also Capcom shows deep down or what has become of it.

Wagram

Second thing, I truly think Studio Japan can make a Bloodborne sequel without From Software at this point. BB was the second souls game they worketd on, and I think they did most of the work on the DLC?

I do expect we'll see something new from FROM Software, but a Bloodborne 2 without FROM is highly unlikely. That would be like taking the heart and soul away from the project.

This year will mostly be about whether or not Nintendo can learn.

I hope to see:
Red Ash... said only by me and no one else.

Playstation All Star 2 since I think it deserves a second try.

Lollipop Chainsaw 2, I still think the first one had great gameplay design that hack and slash games should imitate instead of the usual press square to kill enemies and triangle when you want to kill something less efficient because you want to see a diferent animation (I'm looking at you Dragon Quest Heroes).

Spider-Gwen Platinum game, I'm reading the comic and loving it.

First it will be announced that the NX is A new portable console, with PS4 level power that can leverage it better due to the Vulcan API. It will be launching 2016. All their A Team first party studios have new games ready to go, with most having cross gen ports. That's going to be huge. Then they are going to show the NX home console (due 2017) which will be pushing close to 6Tflps. Then Nintendo will show off its daisy chaining technology and how using a scaleable OS plus multiple devices will allow a 4 player local multiplayer game to be pushing close to 20TFLPs through a normal TV.

Combine that with complete third party support. (All the Japanese developers will be on board, Ubisoft will be there at the start, and if Nintendo gets EA on board (any console will be DOA without FIFA in Europe and Madden in the U.S.) and Gen 9 is starting in 2016.

I'd Expect Sony to Push VR hard. Show it as a completely new experience. Show a few new first party games. show lots of Horizon footage, and push Ps+ hard. Then End the Show announcing the PS5 is coming 2018. With full digital backwards compatibility to the ps4. With the goal being to get PlayStation owners to skip nintendos new console for VR and then buy songs comparable release in 2018. (Which would give the ps4 a 4 year life cycle) The shared software base will also help the ps4 get additional cross gen support when the ps5 launches.

Microsoft will also be looking to launch new hardware. In practise it will be an Xbox 1+ and it will launch with a high price point. (600usd) to appropriately leverage High level PC settings. It will be marketed at rich people who want PC level graphics with the simplicity of a plug and play console. It will be sold as a limited edition device and have a small manufacturing run. If Microsoft are really smart they will make sure it can run Star Citizen. To give it a graphical showcase. If it does well I'd expect an xbox 1++ in 2017 and the Xbox 2 in 2018. Giving the one a 4 year life cycle. I'd also expect Microsoft to double down on great exclusives since they are hoping to get PC gamers to pay for Xbox Live

lol!!!!

Roufianos

Sony:

Bend's game
GOW IV
Possibly a teaser from Kojina
Sucker Punch's next game
Knack 2
TLG
Horizon

Hopefully NX will look the shit alongside some new Pokemon info. All I want from MS is Gears 4 and some new AAA announcements besides Halo and Forza.

Also, you have to laugh at people expecting TES VI to be teased, that game's probably less than 20% complete at this point.

I think they will end up pushing it to early 2017 and The Last Guardian will get released in September or October.

I hope your wrong but yeah 2017 would not be surprising.

I'd Expect Sony to Push VR hard. Show it as a completely new experience. Show a few new first party games. show lots of Horizon footage, and push Ps+ hard. Then End the Show announcing the PS5 is coming 2018. With full digital backwards compatibility to the ps4. With the goal being to get PlayStation owners to skip nintendos new console for VR and then buy songs comparable release in 2018. (Which would give the ps4 a 4 year life cycle) The shared software base will also help the ps4 get additional cross gen support when the ps5 launches.

LMAO. Some peoples expectations for NX are outlandish.

Expectations man...

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Half-life 3 will also be revealed as a NX exclusive.

Terrell

My expectations:

3rd-party conferences will be terribly presented, as it is the standard.

Microsoft will focus heavy on their Windows 10 initiative and have Xbox One shuffle around in the background.

Sony will lean heavy on PSVR this year to attempt to counter-act attention being paid to Nintendo's hardware announcements, announce a price for PSVR which fans will debate endlessly about whether or not they priced themselves out of the market for what amounts to a currently-niche peripheral, and show games that won't actually come to market until after next year's E3, as seems to be their MO now.

Nintendo will show something amazing with NX to justify all the secrecy, because at this point, they pretty much NEED to, but gamers will be more focused on HOW they present it than the contents of the presentation itself, regardless of how good it is, as they have since 2013, and there will be much gnashing of teeth no matter how they decide to. Wii U and 3DS will officially be left to die and not a tear will be shed.

Memento

I'd Expect Sony to Push VR hard. Show it as a completely new experience. Show a few new first party games. show lots of Horizon footage, and push Ps+ hard. Then End the Show announcing the PS5 is coming 2018. With full digital backwards compatibility to the ps4. With the goal being to get PlayStation owners to skip nintendos new console for VR and then buy sonys comparable release in 2018. (Which would give the ps4 a 4 year life cycle) The shared software base will also help the ps4 get additional cross gen support when the ps5 launches.

What a prediction! Haha

protonion

All I want is an insane God of War reveal. I want the epicest boss battle set piece humanity has ever seen.

And it has to look at least as good as this.

f0HAQnO.jpg

I think this is a really good shout. Long overdue. If they've got nothing substantial to show at this point they should probably write it off or release it as a limited $20 download title.
Really hoping so since, yeah, it's been what, three years now since they teased it? If there's nothing from it again this year, I'm gonna be worried.

I'm sure there are GAFers more knowledgeable on the technical side of things who can explain why my origional prediction was impossible. But until that happens may as well go big or go home on this stuff.

Sony is going to announce the PS5? Really? It's less than 3 years into the PS4 lifespan which has been selling like hotcakes. So uhh...

Nintendo - NX platform for handheld and home console, Pikmin 4, Zelda U, Paper Mario, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon DLC, tons of playable games, partnership announcements and more Amiibos

Sony - E3 2015 highlights with videos of actual gameplay (still not playable), VR demos (not playable also), more of the same

Microsoft - Shift to PC

PC - VR

Obliviate

Neo Member
NX, Cant wait to see the new gimmick and yes pretty sure they should have a big gimmick.
Btw. N+X=Infinity if you write the X over the N. Funny. :)

Top Bottom