• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 gets a new logo.

BY2K

Membero Americo
DMQzQpiUEAEMak4.png:large

I like it.

https://www.e3expo.com/

Ricker

Trying to find something that makes it look like its game related but all I get is a puzzle piece lol...

Looks ok I guess.

eXistor

Pretty inoffensive I suppose. Bland though. Their old logo was already kinda balls, so I can see this as an improvement.

Venom.

Is that what they call a flat design?
At least it retains the colours of the old logo so there is a familiarity.

That looks like something an Art Director threw together that some Final Art Guy hasn't touched up.

The "negative space stroke" from the 3 into the E looks bad/uneven

Also, The 3 looks top heavy and like it is about to fall over and into the E

HardRojo

It feels like there should be an interesting shape between the E and the 3, but the designer said fuck it and didn't come up with anything creative for that space.

That looks so...unprofessional. I love the flag minimalist aesthetic but this just looks like a throwaway calligraphy scribble.

Edit: I guess it’s designed to parallel the banal E3 last year.

NotLiquid

Nyehhhh.

Original was way better. Even if it was fairly "old hat" in design it was striking and felt like it embodied a playful spirit of creativity. This looks like I'm looking at every minimalist logo ever, or like it's sponsored by THQ or Bethesda or something.

It's alright. They could have went for symmetrical E and 3 instead, but this could have ended up boring. This is nice and simple.

It helps that previous logo was a 3D overkill though.

Top Bottom