• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Meta] Who won E3?

Who won E3?

• EA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 204 49.6%
  • Bethesda

Votes: 28 6.8%
  • Square Enix

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ubisoft

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • PC gaming

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Sony

Votes: 120 29.2%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Devolver

Votes: 19 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BANGS

Banned
I guess we will see. Let’s not pretend Sony doesn’t have a long history on making graphics look significantly better then the finally result. Regardless Ghost of Tsuishima is not running on current gen hardware, and if you think it does then please enlighten me how.
Devs are finally giving a shit? I don't think you realize how powerful these consoles really are, you're so used to the milktoast they've been dumping out over the last few years...

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'd say Capcom did
From a games shown perspective every game Sony showed I'm gonna get
Other then the room switch they did for the last of us 2 which broke the momentum the conference just delivered game after game and there was surprises too.
I understand people was bummed out about the room switch but it was still a great show.

RPGCrazied

Microsoft. They had games for their core franchises. Sony didn't have that. Nintendo was embarrassingly bad save for 2 games. X DLC and Fire Emblem. Sony's conference while not bad the format was awful. All the games pretty much we knew about already.

Last edited:

Dunki

In Terms of presentation, atmosphere and fun I had I would say Ubisoft. It was a complete Package to me.
MS Showed a ton of games but not much from them. Sony showed huge games but I kind of missed a bit the variety of it.

Due to time reasons I have not watched Bethesda or Nintendo but from these I would say Ubisoft won because I was really entertained watching it. Sony is still the one who I am interest most in terms of games.

Makariel

From those in this list, Ubisoft. Because: dancing panda.

giphy.gif

From those not in the list: me, because Cyberpunk 2077 and Sekiro.

nowhat

Bethesda I thought had the best conference. It would be interesting hearing why you didn’t like their conference?
Because they showed really little actual gameplay? I have still no idea what Fallout 76 will actually be (from what I've seen so far I'm not liking it - who knows, maybe I will, but the conference didn't give me any information to the contrary). Also there was that we'll get Starfield, at some point. No idea what that will be. We'll also get an Elder Scrolls game. At some point, no idea what that'll be, and given it's coming after Starfield, it'll be years off. New Doom - again, who can say when or what.

It was mostly content-free. There will be things coming, who knows when or what they'll eventually be. Personally, that really doesn't impress me.

-MD-

Depends on what we judge a winner by. If its by having the best all round conference it has to be microsoft, if its who has the best exclusives probably sony. If you ask me which consumer won from this, I'd say PC gamers

Nailed it, couldn't agree more.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I'm not the person that is into "who won" some show, but Microsoft basically did everything right. The only bad thing was just puting the name of Battletoads with nothing more, but they'll learn.

Also, have no idea why people choose Sony. Only Resident Evil and Ghost of Tsushima were nice things - Last of Us and etc doesn't count because we already know how these games are.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
For the big 3? Microsoft did and Nintendo was the big loser, that smash bros presentation, what the..
For the rest, bethesda, doom and elder scrolls. Enough said.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
As much as I dislike MS as a gaming-company, I have to give em this E3.
Their presentation was the best.

Sony crushed MS' exclusives though, with their big 4, but their conference had the worst execution I've seen from them.

Can't rate the rest, because I had little interest in their conferences.

-MD-

Best conference was Microsoft and while Sony's conference was bad I walked out of it the most excited due to the games.

Bryank75

Banned
Microsoft had the best conference, no nonsense approach and let the games speak for themselves. Great acquisitions too.

Nowwww.... Sony, my console of choice and yet I am here asking myself ‘who decided on this format’ , they had it all down in 2016. It’s all about flow and they did a disservice to their amazing games with that clumsy presentation.

MayauMiao

Microsoft may have won the best E3 conference of 2018 but its was a rather tepid win.

It won't be as memorable as 2013 or 2015.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I guess we will see. Let’s not pretend Sony doesn’t have a long history on making graphics look significantly better then the finally result. Regardless Ghost of Tsuishima is not running on current gen hardware, and if you think it does then please enlighten me how.
This is total crap and outright false.

Ghost of Tsuishima is coming to PS4 because Sony says it’s coming to PS4. That’s all the enlightening as to how you need.
I mean if you want to argue that Sony is lying that it will come to PS4 then be my guest, but nobody will take you seriously.

MS had the best show by a mile even if I am way more excited for a couple Sony exclusives.

Sony's conference was just terrible outside of the awesome game demos and trailers (WAY too few).

Bethesda is the other conference I watched hoping for Fallout 3 VR or remaster news along with Fallout 76 but I forgot that Bethesda is more than Bethesda Game Studios and had no interest in 90% of what was shown.

I was definitely let down by both Sony and Bethesda who I was looking forward to most originally.

demigod

WTF are you talking about? I'm guessing you haven't played God of War.

This is total crap and outright false.

Ghost of Tsuishima is coming to PS4 because Sony says it’s coming to PS4. That’s all the enlightening as to how you need.
I mean if you want to argue that Sony is lying that it will come to PS4 then be my guest, but nobody will take you seriously.

Ghost looks great but it isn't a major leap beyond what we are seeing in the other PS4 exclusives. I am not sure why they are so adamant it is next gen.

Last edited:

MrDanGuy

WTF are you talking about? I'm guessing you haven't played God of War.

I have played God of War. We will see where it ends up, but I’m not assuming this gen. This game doesn’t even have a release date yet, so I don’t understand why you are so upset.

demigod

I have played God of War. We will see where it ends up, but I’m not assuming this gen. This game doesn’t even have a release date yet, so I don’t understand why you are so upset.

Nah dude, i'm pretty sure you haven't played God of War. If you did you wouldn't make stupid comments repeatedly. The Last of Us 2 looks better than Ghost of Tsushima and its coming out for PS4.

Vawn

Banned
Just by the quality of the conference, probably Microsoft or SquareEnix. By the quality of games being shown, easily Sony.

There was only a single new announcement about a game I didn't know about before E3 that I actually care about and that's Nioh 2.

I'm not counting Elder Scrolls VI, because that was absolutely pointless. All that told me is someday they will start making a new Elder Scrolls game. Yeah? Well, duh.

Last edited:

Fbh

Ghost looks great but it isn't a major leap beyond what we are seeing in the other PS4 exclusives. I am not sure why they are so adamant it is next gen.

I don't know. Doesn't (graphically) look particularly better than Horizon IMO:
niKU6h8.gif

1COl959.gif

But considering they haven't even given a year I'm willing to be it will be cross gen

Nah dude, i'm pretty sure you haven't played God of War. If you did you wouldn't make stupid comments repeatedly. The Last of Us 2 looks better than Ghost of Tsushima and its coming out for PS4.
The last of us is probably also going to be rather linear and not a massive big open world.
which is why I think Horizon is the right comparison

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
People get upset around when posters start presenting inaccurate/false assumptions as fact as you have done.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Sony talking about PS4 being end of life is going to haunt gaming for the next few years. Everything that is shown "has to be next gen."

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

I'm not counting Elder Scrolls VI, because that was absolutely pointless. All that told me is someday they will start making a new Elder Scrolls game. Yeah? Well, duh.

I dunno about that one. As hard as they've pushed ESO, even to the extent of more or less saying "Come on! This is the only new Elder Scrolls you guys need" for the past few years while churning out Skyrim ports, it oddly looked a lot more bleak than anyone would have ever expected. A part of me thinks that if ESO truly succeeded and became WoW-tier, we would've never seen another offline Elder Scrolls (much like how the Warcraft RTS franchise is dead).

You would think Elder Scrolls VI was completely inevitable, but that Games as a Service money...

Ar¢tos

WB has no presence this E3?
Out of Sony and MS, Square won. Since they got an extensive showing of KH3.
Sony showed 4 games that had been announced already and nothing more.
MS showed the expected games from tired old franchises and a bunch of games that can be played on Ps4!
2 epic fails for me, but at least MS showed games...
Someone need to tell Shawn Layden that people go to conferences to watch games, not to get cozy with him in a tent.

xool

Lets try again (pressed submit prematurely, ingore my previous)

• Microsoft A : enjoyable, lots of game even if not exclusive, good format but those speechs about "what xbox is about" are too teleprompter-ish, even if the delivery feels sincere. No price cut. No S-rank
  • Sony A- : what a presentation mess, but I like the suit's presentation style more than MS (less formal) - still they showed 4 good exclusives
  • EA A : I actually enjoyed this - straight down the middle average - but done right, with no faults - also getting developers to talk about a game (eg Anthem) works for me.
  • Ubisoft D- : Rubs me up the wrong way, Oddysey looks like a rapid reskin of Origins, can't remember much more of it, but I wanted it to stop early on
  • Bethesda B+ : Todd Howard and the other one are reliable good hosts, but Fallout 76 feels like filler while they ramp up for Starfield, and Todd's "I know you're concerned" spiel entered cringe territory - unusual for them.
  • Nintendo (no grade) : Missed it (no personal interest)
  • SquareEnix C : ok but you won't get more than a C for just trailers
btw - How do I vote - I can't find anything to click on

Last edited:
The EA selection in the poll should be corrected to say Not EA. I know its all in good fun and opinions, but EA winning can't be a opinion.

Last edited:

MrDanGuy

Pretty sure I haven’t? I definitely beat the game like two weeks ago. I don’t know what I did to trigger you, but I am entitled to my opinion.

MS had the most solid conference overall, but a lot of that was third party. I'm mostly PC so it's fine by me of course. Sony had interesting games and gameplay for their exclusives, but the conference otherwise was probably the worst they've had this gen. The opposite was true for MS. I was surprised by Remedy's game though, as well as Dying Light 2. Those were some of the few actually unexpected things I liked. Sekiro was cool to see, but it didn't wow me. Cyberpunk was expected, and the reveal was good, especially after we got some more details.

From third parties, Bethesda had the most interesting titles for me, but ultimately showed very little. Ubisoft had titles, but nothing really interested me. They had a nice show though, so I enjoyed it even though the games weren't for me. Square Enix had a lackluster showing imo, but at least they kept it short and didn't waste my time. Surprising how little they showed Tomb Raider and FFVII was a no-show. EA was a yawn-fest like usual. Only the Unravel 2 showcase showed any heart, the rest seemed all business as usual for EA.

Nintendo I barely watched the stream, pretty much nothing there like usual. They only have a couple titles in a generation that I'm interested in, as in Zelda and Mario Kart. PC gaming show I also mostly skipped, and what trailers I've seen so far, nothing much interesting was announced. I guess Yakuza is cool, but I don't think I'll play it. I'm waiting for next Xcom title next year.

MrDanGuy

People get upset around when posters start presenting inaccurate/false assumptions as fact as you have done.

I’m just making an observation based on graphical fidelity. I can’t wait to get Last of Us II, but what I saw looked like the beginning of next gen. If my opinion upsets you then I don’t know what to tell you. You have as much information as me so it’s not like you have the facts either. The game could come out on PS4, but I believe it will be on the PS5 around launch.

VulcanRaven

Sony. They had more games that got me interested. I have PS4 so I'm biased but Microsoft didn't have any exclusives that made me want to get Xbox One.

Depends on what you are a fan of. I appreciate gameplay over announcement trailers. So Sony easily "won" over Microsoft in that respect. Sony's venue change and music length was odd. But what they showed in terms of gameplay was awesome.

So... I won E3. Fight me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I’m just making an observation based on graphical fidelity. I can’t wait to get Last of Us II, but what I saw looked like the beginning of next gen. If my opinion upsets you then I don’t know what to tell you. You have as much information as me so it’s not like you have the facts either. The game could come out on PS4, but I believe it will be on the PS5 around launch.
We have the same information as you but we’re making smarter/better interpretations of it.

I’m sorry when you’re pulling things out of your ass like “The Last of Us II demo is fake” or “Ghost of Tsuishima isn’t coming this gen” not to mention your failure to acknowledge that both games had at least graphical fidelity as God of War it becomes hard to take what else you might have to say seriously.

Last edited:

OldBoyGamer

Banned
For me, it was Sony. For no other reason than the games they showed appealed to me more than the others (so not based on presentation quality). Although I do think that almost everyone had something of interest to show (except maybe EA??).

Death Stranding took GOTS for me. I'd previously hadn't seen much beyond knowing Kojima and Walking dead actor's involvement and the very first trailer from ages ago. That looks right up my street - I loved the premise and it looks like they're creating a game with a real mood to it.

Most disappointing was Nintendo. I don't think I'll be buying a single one of the games they showed. Just nothing was for me tbh. Which is gutting because my Switch is sat there with end-of-game saves for Zelda and Mario and I've got fuck all else to play on it. The stupidest thing about that is I know they got some games for me on the horizon, but who knows how far away they are?

MS? ForzaH 4 looks amazing for racers. I don't really play racing games any more, but if I did - that would be day 1 I think. Halo was meh for me and I really did not like that Gears5 trailer. BUT... The Gears RTS game looked interesting. If that comes to XB1, I might give it a go.

All in all though, a very disappointing E3 with very little to get excited about. :(

WaterAstro

Sony won. They brought the megatons and amazing gameplay. TLOU2 alone beats Microsoft. Tsushima alone beats Microsoft. RE2 announcement was ultra hype.

My scores:

EA 2/10
Microsoft 8/10
Bethesda 4/10
S-E 7/10
Ubi 8/10
Sony 10/10
Nintendo 6/10

Last edited:

Norse

I voted MS which is 2 straight E3 victories imo. But let me say this, Sony showed some really nice looking games. I don't know what it is, but I think it comes down to color choices that are made in Sony 1st party games. They grab my attention. Too bad I've never like a PlayStation controller. Had they originally gone to a controller more like what Xbox has, I may have been a PS owner years ago lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If we are talking conference alone then MS had the best one. With that being said, most games they showed at MS conference that I want to get will also be available on PS4. You may argue that exclusives don't matter but like it or not exclusives will give you the reason to choose that one console over others. Watching MS conference didn't made me want to pick up Xbox but instead made excited about the games I will be playing on my PS4.

Top Bottom