• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-MS] Microsoft E3 2018 Conference (RATE THE SHOW)

Rate Microsoft's E3 2018 Conference

• A

Votes: 157 28.5%
  • B

Votes: 212 38.5%
  • C

Votes: 103 18.7%
  • D

Votes: 31 5.6%
  • F

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • Phil Spencer pulls off the denim reasonably well

Votes: 25 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonF

CD p Red! Damn!! Looking great!! The change in tone is a little bit disappointing, but I'm still interested.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Welp. Nothing there to persuade me back, but glad for current Xbox owners that the show was decent. Let’s see what Sony’s answer is...

Dunki

This was a really good Press conference I give it a 8/10 since I need a bit more for Sony. The only real dissapointment was Cyberpunk. I love the setting but I wanted a demo.

Also WTF is Jump 'Force!!!

demigod

This conference sucked for exclusives if you’re not a fan of gears, halo, forza. Only thing good was Tunic and the showing of Cyberpunk.

dottme

Cyberpunk, they just show a new trailer and it is a world premiere???
The trailer is great, but we really have a different definition of world premiere Microsoft and me.

sunnz

I SWEAR if 2077 has shitty car physics like just cause/saints row/ watch dogs then instant disappointment.

But I am sure the rest will make up for it.

What a weird way to announce Gears 5, dude was like "woah wait we're not pulling an EA with C&C, here's gears tactics and gears 5" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lilseb93

Xbox had a very good conference. I liked seeing games, games, games. But a lot of these games I'll be playing on PlayStation.

LordOfChaos

Bravo, that was a great conference!
Challenge sent to Sony there saying Xbox hardware would be the best place to play, the fight is on for next gen! Surprised at the hat tip this year, but 2019-2020 makes sense.

Isa

That was a good show, I enjoyed a lot of what was shown. And Cyberpunk was incredible. Nice to not see a car reveal for once, and Forza Horizon looked great. THey actually kinda tempted me this year.

sunnz

my ratings-

for gamers - 8/10, missing some games I want ( RDR2 for example) overall very solid.

As a way to advertise XBOX - 4/10, nothing to tempt me to get an xbox.

WaterAstro

Would be a 7/10 without Cyberpunk, but I guess he was just being deceptive about World Premiere for the rest of the show.

It's 8/10. Sooooo many boring moments, but they showed the games. Still too much unnecessary talking. No megatons.
Ninja Theory isn't a megaton. It's an okay studio that was always at the brink of bankruptcy since Sony saved them with Heavenly Sword.

Kagero

Nicely paced and full of content, 8/10. No megatons. Ninja Theory was the biggest WTF moment. Over all very good conference. Now to you Sony although, I'm expecting something very similar.

xviper

the conference is good.... if most of it weren't spoiled already

-Halo 6 reveal is just a CGI trailer
-SEKIRO is a disappointment, we had enough soulsborne games
- FH4 was already known and an obvious one
- DMC V look good but already spoiled
- Dying light 2 is the surprise of the conference, but i feel it's focused on humans instead of zombies and it could be SP
-Division 2, yikes and already known
- Just cause 4, yikes and spoiled
-Battletoads is just CGI
- Jump Force is okay
- Gears 5 looks good, but again, already spoiled
- Cyberpunk 2077 is kinda disappointing, but i trust this studio who brought us one of the greatest game of all time, but i already knew it's gonna be announced so kinda spoiled again

if the conference was not spoiled it could have been amazing, but still no big new xbox one exclusives, however SONY gotta do a lot to surpass this conference and luckily SONY's conference hasn't been spoiled as much as Microsoft's

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
So what were the 14 exclusive games, then? Everything big, besides the normal Forza, Halo, Gears seems to be multiplat.

McCheese

The biggest surprise for me was them mentioning their next console, felt like they were really throwing the gauntlet down to Sony by announcing they had a ton of new first party studios and a hardware team already focused on winning the next-gen.

Curious about how Xbox One X owners would take that message.

Last edited:

duhmetree

There were some great games at the conference but none were true exclusives.

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne. I still am yet to buy a Xbox this gen and will probably never because of my PC. Microsoft is in a weird place.

KevinKeene

Banned
A good conference for Xbox fans. Lots of stuff. And Microsoft deserves credit for being the only one of the big 3 to still deliver a classic conference. Thumbs up for that.

However, I also now know X1 isn't for me. Too much brown shooters. And the Cyberbunk 2077-trailer was kinda meh. It's CD Projekt Red, it'll be a good game. But the trailer didn't hype me.

Wanna see more Halo

NahaNago

the conference is good.... if most of it weren't spoiled already

if the conference was not spoiled it could have been amazing, but still no big new xbox one exclusives, however SONY gotta do a lot to surpass this conference and luckily SONY's conference hasn't been spoiled as much as Microsoft's

Sony spoiled their own conference.

Fuz

Banned
Cyberpunk is THE game I'm waiting for, as a huge CDPR fan since TW1, but I'm not sure what to think about the trailer.

Really not bad. Phil was right, they mixed it up. It had the typical shootbang and race genres, but they threw some DMC5, KH3, Tales of Vesperia, cool indies and above all, SEKIRO in there. Not too much really exclusive but it was definitely a few steps up from the past few years.

Fox Mulder

The biggest surprise for me was them mentioning their next console, felt like they were really throwing the gauntlet down to Sony by announcing they had a ton of new first party studios and a hardware team already focused on winning the next-gen.

Curious about how Xbox One X owners would take that message.

Sony has owned them in console sales, first party output and acclaim, third party support, even a VR product.

Of course MS wants to remind people next gen is coming for a fresh start.

Last edited:

dolabla

I thought it was a good conference. My crowning jewel of this E3 still has yet to be shown. Resident Evil 2. Hopefully tomorrow.

Top Bottom