[E3-MS] New SEKIRO (Shadows Die Twice) trailer from From Software

Night.Ninja

One really creepy thing I do is just repeatedly shit on GAF while sarcastically calling it a "top tier gaming forum" so feel free to report me if I keep doing this.
Can we get the e3 tag like the other threads

This looks great and I will definitely pick it up at release, but there is still a Bloodborne shaped hole in my life.

Same, but Miyazaki needed a break from that world methinks, I'm fine with waiting so when it comes it's not forced or phoned in, and is carefully thought out.

In the meantime, i want this!

this is a huge disappointment, i love soulsborne series but i had fucking enough, i was really hyped for From's new game, i thought it was gonna be Tenchu or something different, instead we got yet another soulsborne game, what makes it even worse is that it's a Samurai soulsborne game, we already played a samurai soulsborne game rip-off last year

i hope i'm wrong and SEKIRO turns out to be completely different and not another Demon's souls sequel

if it's another soulsborne game then it's gonna be 6 games of the Demon's souls series in 10 years, that's a lot

Night.Ninja

One really creepy thing I do is just repeatedly shit on GAF while sarcastically calling it a "top tier gaming forum" so feel free to report me if I keep doing this.
I think I would prefer this to the souls series, something different hope we get a beta

I am a little bit disappointed about this, mainly because the setting is boring and it looks too much like Nioh, which I recently played through. Was hoping for something more unique. But the grappling looked fucking awesome and you can see some of the trick mechanic in the weapons from Bloodborne. I don't doubt it will be a great game, but it breaks my heart a little that From chose this samurai-styled approach for its next game. Especially coming from something so original as Bloodborne.

Last edited:
this is a huge disappointment, i love soulsborne series but i had fucking enough, i was really hyped for From's new game, i thought it was gonna be Tenchu or something different, instead we got yet another soulsborne game, what makes it even worse is that it's a Samurai soulsborne game, we already played a samurai soulsborne game rip-off last year

i hope i'm wrong and SEKIRO turns out to be completely different and not another Demon's souls sequel

if it's another soulsborne game then it's gonna be 6 games of the Demon's souls series in 10 years, that's a lot
Where is the evidence that this is a soulsborne game? Theres nothing to show its an RPG, or anything like either Bloodborne or Darksouls beyond being a third person game with action elements, and you could describe hundreds of games like that.

Trick weapons I like. Character models I like. Acrobatics, I didn't really like. Also a bit too bright. I'll very likely buy it, but I'm cautious in regards to my Soulsborne enjoyment.

Why are people implying this is a Soulsborne game? The trailer heavily hints about a stealth component, shows the grapple used to navigate roofs, and doesn't have much combat outside bosses. Well, actually it doesn't show much of anything, so for all I know it could be anything, but at this point I'm guessing this is closer to Tenchu than it is to Souls.

Game im sorry looked graphically like absolute trash
Looked with a PS3 era game since everything was all wet and shiny. Like it was running on UE3.

Why are people implying this is a Soulsborne game? The trailer heavily hints about a stealth component, shows the grapple used to navigate roofs, and doesn't have much combat outside bosses. Well, actually it doesn't show much of anything, so for all I know it could be anything, but at this point I'm guessing this is closer to Tenchu than it is to Souls.
What do you expect from souls fanboys?

Excited for this, can't wait. My only concern is how Activision will affect the game, also hoping that From Soft owns this IP. More samurai games the better :)

I do agree that some of the graphics look like a downgrade from the quality shown in Bloodborne, the girl at the start of the trailer even looks like a PS2 model, however once the action starts the game looks gorgeous. Wonder if they're gonna have moving mouths for the first time :D