• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-MS] New SEKIRO (Shadows Die Twice) trailer from From Software

LordOfChaos

From Software? With vivid colours? Samurai era?
...I need it.

There's a bit more information on the official Japanese and International websites including what appears to be the official cover art for the game. Also you can see a flamethrower/gun thing from the prosthetic arm. Can anyone could translate the Japanese text?

4089_d20180531-001_Angled_FOB_Packshots_X1_EN_C_FINAL.png
4089_d20180531-001_Angled_FOB_Packshots_PS4_EN_C_FINAL.png

Last edited:

Strider311

This looks great and I will definitely pick it up at release, but there is still a Bloodborne shaped hole in my life.

LordOfChaos

This looks great and I will definitely pick it up at release, but there is still a Bloodborne shaped hole in my life.

Same, but Miyazaki needed a break from that world methinks, I'm fine with waiting so when it comes it's not forced or phoned in, and is carefully thought out.

In the meantime, i want this!

Ar¢tos

Activision.... I feel a bit less interested because of that... Need to see less edited gameplay to figure out how the gameplay really is.

oupi

『SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE』。 PS4, Xbox One, Windowsで2019年登場。

Last edited:

xviper

this is a huge disappointment, i love soulsborne series but i had fucking enough, i was really hyped for From's new game, i thought it was gonna be Tenchu or something different, instead we got yet another soulsborne game, what makes it even worse is that it's a Samurai soulsborne game, we already played a samurai soulsborne game rip-off last year

i hope i'm wrong and SEKIRO turns out to be completely different and not another Demon's souls sequel

if it's another soulsborne game then it's gonna be 6 games of the Demon's souls series in 10 years, that's a lot

Lanrutcon

Demons Souls inspires BloodBorne inspires Nioh inspires Shadows Die Twice.

I too am excited for Bloodioh Souls. Wonder if it'll require Windows 10.

kyubajin

Omg, the hype is off the roof! Seriously how can any Soulsborne fan not get excited with that trailer, the combat, moves, animation, premise, etc. I cannot wait to play this game.

Mr Hyde

I am a little bit disappointed about this, mainly because the setting is boring and it looks too much like Nioh, which I recently played through. Was hoping for something more unique. But the grappling looked fucking awesome and you can see some of the trick mechanic in the weapons from Bloodborne. I don't doubt it will be a great game, but it breaks my heart a little that From chose this samurai-styled approach for its next game. Especially coming from something so original as Bloodborne.

Last edited:
this is a huge disappointment, i love soulsborne series but i had fucking enough, i was really hyped for From's new game, i thought it was gonna be Tenchu or something different, instead we got yet another soulsborne game, what makes it even worse is that it's a Samurai soulsborne game, we already played a samurai soulsborne game rip-off last year

i hope i'm wrong and SEKIRO turns out to be completely different and not another Demon's souls sequel

if it's another soulsborne game then it's gonna be 6 games of the Demon's souls series in 10 years, that's a lot

Where is the evidence that this is a soulsborne game? Theres nothing to show its an RPG, or anything like either Bloodborne or Darksouls beyond being a third person game with action elements, and you could describe hundreds of games like that.

Trick weapons I like. Character models I like. Acrobatics, I didn't really like. Also a bit too bright. I'll very likely buy it, but I'm cautious in regards to my Soulsborne enjoyment.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks like they saw Nioh and was like, Nah this is how it's done.
Day One

Darak

Why are people implying this is a Soulsborne game? The trailer heavily hints about a stealth component, shows the grapple used to navigate roofs, and doesn't have much combat outside bosses. Well, actually it doesn't show much of anything, so for all I know it could be anything, but at this point I'm guessing this is closer to Tenchu than it is to Souls.

brap

Banned
Game im sorry looked graphically like absolute trash
Looked with a PS3 era game since everything was all wet and shiny. Like it was running on UE3.

Why are people implying this is a Soulsborne game? The trailer heavily hints about a stealth component, shows the grapple used to navigate roofs, and doesn't have much combat outside bosses. Well, actually it doesn't show much of anything, so for all I know it could be anything, but at this point I'm guessing this is closer to Tenchu than it is to Souls.
What do you expect from souls fanboys?

shinkai

Excited for this, can't wait. My only concern is how Activision will affect the game, also hoping that From Soft owns this IP. More samurai games the better :)

kyubajin

I do agree that some of the graphics look like a downgrade from the quality shown in Bloodborne, the girl at the start of the trailer even looks like a PS2 model, however once the action starts the game looks gorgeous. Wonder if they're gonna have moving mouths for the first time :D

Looked with a PS3 era game since everything was all wet and shiny. Like it was running on UE3.

What do you expect from souls fanboys?
Might have a little more to do with the fact that From has been making souls games like 10 years in a row? nahhhh fanboyz el oh el

Top Bottom