• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Nin] DAEMON X MACHINA Trailer

That car bit was awesome as I never saw it coming. Even more amazing/hilarious is that you can chuck or lobby it overhead to a target and said target can shoot at it.

Wonder if we'll be able to shot down missiles a la Macross.

KevinKeene

Banned
On now:

Holy shit you get to throw objects like cars.

Looks really nice. I love that you can also leave your mecha and move on foot.

Points of scepticism:
- the mecha looks really stiff in air. More flutting/shaking would make it feel more like you're actually flying.
- similarly, the flight speed is very low. It makes fighting look a bit boring. I'd prefer speedier mechas like those in ZoE.

Anyway, very interested. Looking forward to seeing some story scenes.

JohannCK

Sorry to bump a month-old thread but I figured it'd be better to keep this in one thread rather than make a new one; This is also a month old, but Frontline Gaming Japan has a translation of the Famitsu interview with DxM's producer and mecha designer up:

https://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/06/21/daemon-x-machina-developer-interview/

I'm an old fan of Armoured Core myself so I'm really looking forward to this. It's really great how we're getting a new AC AND three completely different AC-likes from former AC staff.

Wish they'd just release 4/4A on the PS4 though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The interviewer asks about the comic book style graphics, and Tsukuda says that while photorealism is the mainstream in games, there is no need to follow in that vein, and that he made it comic/anime-style because he didn’t want the game to not have its own identity. He was unsure about the compatibility of this with mecha action at first, but Kawamori encouraged him. The interviewer then asks about how the graphics influenced the mecha design, and Kawamori says that while mecha in photorealistic graphics work better with more mechanical movements, comic-style designs are better when it feels like the player is in direct control.
I'm so glad they went with this style for the visuals instead of photorealism.

Last edited:

Andyliini

This style works much better with Switch, so I'm glad they used it instead. I wonder how far in development they are, and when in 2019 the game will be released. Hoping it's and early release, with some more info on Nintendo Direct later this year.

Sorry to bump a month-old thread but I figured it'd be better to keep this in one thread rather than make a new one; This is also a month old, but Frontline Gaming Japan has a translation of the Famitsu interview with DxM's producer and mecha designer up:

https://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/06/21/daemon-x-machina-developer-interview/

I'm an old fan of Armoured Core myself so I'm really looking forward to this. It's really great how we're getting a new AC AND three completely different AC-likes from former AC staff.

Very nice interview. Shame about them not being able to get down a proper Itano Circus missle barrage for the game. Would have been a blast to attempt to shoot something like that down or dodge.

Danjin44

New Gamescom trailer:

Did I just saw the poilet using some kind of jet pack to slide around!!? I'm just loving visuals on this game and gameplay looks fast and fun. It's shame we still don't have proper release date other than 2019 release window.

Andyliini

Did I just saw the poilet using some kind of jet pack to slide around!!? I'm just loving visuals on this game and gameplay looks fast and fun. It's shame we still don't have proper release date other than 2019 release window.

Considering that they had a build at E3 and are showing even more in Gamescom, I think that this could be released early next year. Maybe as early as February or March.

Shifty

Nice! Those Armored Core influences are showing, I like what I see. Humanity having evacuated underground AGAIN is a tad blatant though.

This, absolutely. 4A really was something else with its crazy boost gameplay.

Danjin44

Considering that they had a build at E3 and are showing even more in Gamescom, I think that this could be released early next year. Maybe as early as February or March.
I hope you are right. I have been craving for mecha game with fast combat and the visuals is exactly what I wanted for this type of game.

Top Bottom