• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

Neo Child

Banned
soooo how do we submit questions? i dont even have a question lol.

i want shit to be a suprise. already spoiled myself b/w/d/p before.

batbeg

They don't negate each other but Pokemon is pretty much more of a given than every other Nintendo game. People know mostly what to expect, so dedicating a long presentation to X&Y seems a bit silly when Pokemon doesn't need that sort of attention.

I'd rather see an in-depth look at all of the upcoming Wii U and 3DS content, separate from the flow of information that we get out of the Direct.

A mere list of information on what makes this Pokemon game different from its predecessors would be enough to appease anybody. It's everything else that we're all dying to see.

I don't mean to complain, but if X&Y doesn't represent some massive revolution in Pokemon games then all of this attention seems unnecessary.

Well then look at it this way - at least the direct won't have to waste any time on pokemon.

JoeM86

I'd wager that the release date will be dropped here, as will many big bob-ombs in regards to the game.

It is happening, people.

Question is, it's in CoroCoro time. What will come first. Chances are any information that is to come there would be within CoroCoro (probably not all, but some if not most)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, I worry because let's face it, "gaming" journalists (lol) aren't even that up to speed with Pokemon. I bet they don't even think Phy/Spe split exists and they don't know about the "new type" speculation.

Keyouta

this is unusual, pokemon isn't usually this big of a presence at past E3's

I wonder whats going to be dropped?

Future free DLC for when new legendaries are revealed, so they don't need to have the one's at the end of the pokedex in the game until they're announced.

JoeM86

Man, I worry because let's face it, "gaming" journalists (lol) aren't even that up to speed with Pokemon. I bet they don't even think Phy/Spe split exists and they don't know about the "new type" speculation.

Don't fret, I know a couple of people who will be there.

Don't expect it to be a full Q&A though, and even if questions are asked, that doesn't mean they'll answer and reveal unless they're ready to reveal that particular piece of information

Boss Doggie

Don't fret, I know a couple of people who will be there.

Don't expect it to be a full Q&A though, and even if questions are asked, that doesn't mean they'll answer and reveal unless they're ready to reveal that particular piece of information

Oh I don't think they'll reveal stuff but surely they know how the fandom likes to speculate. I mean, Sylveon's being hyped up to now!

Tenumi

Banned
90 minutes!? They're just going to speedrun the games, aren't they?

In all seriousness, I hope some good new info comes out of this. Release date, preferably.

Boss Doggie

90 minutes!? They're just going to speedrun the games, aren't they?

In all seriousness, I hope some good new info comes out of this. Release date, preferably.

In my limited experience on roundtable stuff, usually we'll get details that are poignant but ignored by magazine releases like more depth to customization, streetpass functions, etc.

Keyouta

I'd say there'll also be a small demo for the press to try out showing off the graphics and also the new features they reveal in the Q&A.

Edit: Spotpass and Streetpass I can see being used extensively in this game.

Delio

I'd say there'll also be a small demo for the press to try out showing off the graphics and also the new features they reveal in the Q&A.

Edit: Spotpass and Streetpass I can see being used extensively in this game.

If they would only put that demo out on the 3DS the same day I'd die. I know It wont happen of course lol

Question is, it's in CoroCoro time. What will come first. Chances are any information that is to come there would be within CoroCoro (probably not all, but some if not most)
Didn't it come through this month around 9AM EST on the 11th? So there's a chance it could leak right before Nintendo's E3 Direct on June 11th.

We can only hope :)

JoeM86

Brickhunt

Despite being a Pokemon X&Y Q&A, I feel this should more of a "Pokemon Q&A". 1.5 horus it's a bit too much for just one/two games. I think Journalists should take the opportunity to ask about the future of Pokemon games on Wii U; Pokémon MMO if only for the sake of shutting these people; What DLC holds for the games.

Despite being a Pokemon X&Y Q&A, I feel this should more of a "Pokemon Q&A". 1.5 horus it's a bit too much for just one/two games. I think Journalists should take the opportunity to ask about the future of Pokemon games on Wii U; Pokémon MMO if only for the sake of shutting these people; What DLC holds for the games.

They probably won't be answering any questions not about X and Y. DLC is a valid question though and I'm intrigued to know what they're planning to do with it. Pay for exclusive pokemon would be the worst, but I trust GF enough to not do that.

This is a Pokémon X & Y roundtable. It'll focus on those two 3DS games.
While I'm sure those two titles will be the focus, I find it hard to believe time won't be spent on other games. They've never spent so much time with any individual title much less Pokemon. Almost every Nintendo Direct has gone off the anounced topic. In february the subject was 3DS software and they anounced NSLU, in April it was a year of Luigi nintendo direct and they anounced YI3DS and LTTP2, this past direct was spring/summer wii u titles and they anounced the Sega partnership.

I can't see them discussing strictly X/Y for 90 minutes unless there are some huge details we are unaware of; I'd also be surprised if they didn't have pokemon spinoffs(for 6th gen) in the pipeline for 3DS and Wii U.

JoeM86

While I'm sure those two titles will be the focus, I find it hard to believe time won't be spent on other games. They've never spent so much time with any individual title much less Pokemon. Almost every Nintendo Direct has gone off the anounced topic. In february the subject was 3DS software and they anounced NSLU, in April it was a year of Luigi nintendo direct and they anounced YI3DS and LTTP2, this past direct was spring/summer wii u titles and they anounced the Sega partnership.

I can't see them discussing strictly X/Y for 90 minutes unless there are some huge details we are unaware of; I'd also be surprised if they didn't have pokemon spinoffs(for 6th gen) in the pipeline for 3DS and Wii U.

This isn't a Direct though. It's a roundtable. It'll likely have a bit going on about the history of Pokémon, how it's evolved (pardon the pun) etc. then go on about new stuff about X & Y and then take a few questions and it's over. One and a half hours easily filled

1.5 hr for Pokemon X/Y seems like an overkill. I wouldn't even stand half an hour presentation on any one of my favorite games.

Galang

Banned
Not one hour and thirty minutes for X & Y OMG... This day is pure slayage. I will be glued to the computer more than usual for this E3

Wonder who in the press will actually show up to this.When all the journalists are dead tired after the first day of E3 I doubt most show up to a Pokemon event.

effzee

I have never played Pokemon games so I can't be sure about this.

Maybe someone can answer this.

Why in the world has Nintendo not developed a proper Pokemon game for their consoles? I would imagine it would be huge, even if some of the Pokemon craziness has died down. A huge RPG with online capability would make a killing no?

It seems like for their consoles they make side Pokemon games, but nothing similar to the main game.

Top Bottom