• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 signage starting to show up in LA

jgK4hyEVpfJ4m.jpg

Is that Raziel of Soul Reaver in the middle there??

FStop7

Banned
I wonder what non-gamers passing through the area must think of all the signs.

LA gets tons of advertising for games. Left 4 Dead, Red Dead, and Fallout 3 had a ton of billboards, posters, placards on buses, etc. So did Mass Effect 2 and 3. It's pretty cool, gaming here is definitely a bit more mainstream since there are a decent number of studios and pubs spread across the region.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
for what it's worth, all of the show floor photos posted thus far are from the south hall.

west hall has sony/microsoft/nintendo. those are the big gets.

Who is taking all those pictures? Shouldn't all this be under some kind of NDA?

With all the parties involved in setting up the show room floor, it would be impossible to stop crew members from snapping photos with their iphone/ android cameras. But so far, nothing secretive has been shows yet. It's all things you would kind of expect to see.

I have a feeling that the big three and most of the major publishers and developers will keep the unannounced stuff under tight wraps until it comes time to show it off.

I'm honestly expecting a lot of gimmicky crap.

So E3 as usual, then? :p

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
All of the stuff in the West Hall is probably set up by professional crews that are contracted out as a group, versus the South Hall probably uses riggers/techs from temp agencies.

I've setup exhibits in museums and booths for trade shows before as a hired gun, they may ask you not to photo certain things but there's really nothing stopping you from doing so. Whereas if you work for a company that sets these types of things up, you only take your phone out when its a call from the boss.

So E3 as usual, then? :p

Sadly, yes. But I'm a known "traditionalist," all I really have interest in is picking up a controller and playing a good game. I get that things need to evolve and that studios are going to try and innovate, and that's fine, but I don't like seeing the innovation get in the way of great game development and in my opinion at least, it has been. Certainly not in all cases, but I anticipate E3 for the games. It's always cool to see new toys and tricks, but in the end without the software to back it, I find it hard to give a shit.

All of the stuff in the West Hall is probably set up by professional crews that are contracted out as a group, versus the South Hall probably uses riggers/techs from temp agencies.

I've setup exhibits in museums and booths for trade shows before as a hired gun, they may ask you not to photo certain things but there's really nothing stopping you from doing so. Whereas if you work for a company that sets these types of things up, you only take your phone out when its a call from the boss.

yeah, that's exactly what I mean. They are probably using some temp agencies to put up the stuff that we are looking at in most of these photos. But probably also hired professional contractors to set up the things that are under NDA.

I wonder if we will be seeing any leaked photos of Nintendos, Microsofts or Sonys booths before the show starts? There's still 3 days left for crews to set up everything.

mclem

What's the text above the green screen? I can read 'ON' at the end. Not sure if it's two separate words or one word with the centre obscured.

Whoops my bad. I thought the previous one was also Elder Scrolls (but I guess that was the year before last year then)

they have different ads on there all year long. not just for e3. a week later they paint over that one and paint a new one.

rouken

if you don't use Instagram, you're not hip.

im waiting for E3 bear to show up, i hope some nintendo ones will be posted. :)

Top Bottom