• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 site sort of teases what some publishers will be presenting

18-Volt

Namco Bandai:

Action > PC/Windows
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
Adventure > Xbox One
Fighting / Wrestling > Sony Playstation 4
Fighting / Wrestling > Xbox One
Free-to-play > PC/Windows
Racing > PC/Windows
Racing > Sony Playstation 4
Racing > Xbox One
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Simulation > PC/Windows
Simulation > Sony Playstation 4
Simulation > Xbox One

They have tons of great Vita and 3DS games waiting to be localized but they chose to skip those.

This might be the proof that Digimon Story or God Eater 2 won't make appearance at buildingthelist segment of Sony conference.

MattyG

Banned
I still don't understand how that panic happened. It also lists the original Xbox and Playstation as platforms so wouldn't it be safe to assume they're just "placeholders" (can't think of a better name) or something like that?

Also what is an avatar bet? :p Do we swap avatars or something?
That's the perfect name for it. They're just placeholders, not an actual indication of anything.

And an avatar bet would be if you bet it would be crossgen and I said it wouldn't, whoever ended up being wrong would have to use an avatar picked by the other for a certain amount of time. It's why so many people had Knack avatars for a while there.

Jachaos

To be fair, there are a lot of indie titles that don't really fit into an established genre. What genre would you put Octodad or Hohokum in?

Good question. Octodad doesn't perfectly fit a genre and neither does Hohokum. These types of weird, new gameplay experiences are most often tried by indie developers who don't feel constrained by a publisher in making a game out of a mold. In that sense, "indie" as a genre does make sense. The thing is Journey is not an indie game yet is often classified as if it were one. I find that if we are to group Octodad, Hohokum and many other different games as "indie" then that genre is too broad. If we're to use a broad term for [Edit: a broad genre that is applied to unique experiences] then simply "interactive media" or "video game" fits better than a term that refers to business structure like "indie" does.

Also, many indies do fit a genre. You picked some of the toughest to categorize but if I had to I'd say Octodad is an action game and Hohokum is a puzzle game. Shovel Knight, Thomas was Alone and Brothers are platformers while Outlast is a horror game. Papers Please is part simulator part visual novel while Don't Starve and The Long Dark are survival games. Many of the games I have can be considered fitting a genre if you stretch the definition a bit. Twin-stick shooter, action game, adventure game, there's many indie games that fit those genres.

Derp

That's the perfect name for it. They're just placeholders, not an actual indication of anything.

And an avatar bet would be if you bet it would be crossgen and I said it wouldn't, whoever ended up being wrong would have to use an avatar picked by the other for a certain amount of time. It's why so many people had Knack avatars for a while there.
Oh my god that's the best thing ever. I hope to one day have an avatar bet with someone now, lol.

Wouldn't there have be room for Elderscrolls Online? (am I mistaken or are these for the show floor booth, which may not include behind the scenes or press conference presentation)
Ooo... That is a good question. I have no idea.

Platy

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.

Product Categories (7)
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Xbox One

So Street Fighter V is obviously the fighting game. The others would be... DMC4:SE and Resident Evil 0?

So Capcom vs Nintendo will be on the Nintendo Direct ..

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lol at indie and f2p as genres.

Overarching category for a vendor.

I'm sorry for the stupid question but does this mean that this:

Role-Playing > Sony Playstation
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation Vita

is for 4 different games, one for multiple ps consoles and one for each console?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Capcom vs Nintendo will be on the Nintendo Direct ..

That game isn't happening anyway, but Nintendo doesn't present at E3, so this list probably wouldn't include them.

UrbanRats

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.

Product Categories (7)
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Xbox One

So Street Fighter V is obviously the fighting game. The others would be... DMC4:SE and Resident Evil 0?

DDOnline?

jayu26

I'm sorry for the stupid question but does this mean that this:

is for 4 different games, one for multiple ps consoles and one for each console?

Last year lot of games were announced in Japan, that are going to be released on PS3, PS4 and PSVita simultaneously. It is seen as sort of best compromise that Japanese developers had to make for their games to be successful in both Japan and outside Japan. So, expect to see lot of localization of these games announced at E3 and beyond.

So long answer short, that just means one game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Last year lot of games were announced in Japan, that are going to be released on PS3, PS4 and PSVita simultaneously. It is seen as sort of best compromise that Japanese developers had to make for their games to be successful in both Japan and outside Japan. So, expect to see lot of localization of these games announced at E3 and beyond.

Ok but what does generic "Playstation" mean exactly?

Auctopus

fucking hate how "indie" is a genre....makes ZERO sense.

at least vita getting some love.

Due to the range of genres in 'Indie' games , it makes sense.

It's easier to put games like "Papers, Please" in to Indie rather than define a genre for it and even if they did, it would just be 'Simulation' probably.

FluxWaveZ

That list is Atlus', and I really doubt they'll be announcing any future localizations at E3, except for potentially confirming Legend of Legacy. Their lineup is already plentiful, and they've got a game that fits each category. The way I see it, it's:

Guri

People, the categories "Sony PlayStation" and "Xbox" are not related to the original consoles, but a general category for the platforms, which covers every current console on the market.

Neospartan

Neo Member
Crytek
3D Development > Other
3D Development > Virtual Reality/Wearable Technology
Developer Tools > PC/Windows
Virtual Reality/Wearable Technology > Other

http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=cry8141
So... CryEngine and probably compatibility with Occulus and stuff

Deep Silver
[Everything that exists has existed and will exist. 65 entries]

http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=dee8704
I'm not even sure why I put this here.

Natsume, Inc
Action > Nintendo 3DS
Action > Nintendo Wii U
Racing > Nintendo 3DS
Simulation > Android
Simulation > Apple iOS
Simulation > Nintendo Wii U
Simulation > PC/Windows

http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=nat1941

Please be an HD Harvest Moon, please be an HD Harvest Moon, please be an HD Harvest Moon!
I NEEED an HD Harvest Moon.

TellTale Games
Adventure > Android
Adventure > Apple iOS
Adventure > Mac
Adventure > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Sony Playstation 3
Adventure > Sony Playstation Vita
Adventure > Xbox 360
Adventure > Xbox One

http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=tel7099

I didn't realize port begging was God's work I thought it was just annoying as fuck.

I would prefer a brand new MH game personally, since I've played all but 4U on 3DS. With them having some sort of announcement for MH at the end of this month I have hope that they will bring the series back to home consoles. Not really port begging, just new game hoping :|

Mortemis

Banned
Capcom U.S.A., Inc.

Product Categories (7)
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Xbox One

Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Xbox One

Nah.

DMC 5. Believe.

Derp

People, the categories "Sony PlayStation" and "Xbox" are not related to the original consoles, but a general category for the platforms, which covers every current console on the market.
That does make sense, and I was thinking that might be the case, but then I don't understand why they would bother specifically listing the PS3/PS4/X360/XOne underneath if "Sony PlayStation" and "Xbox" are supposed to be general categories which cover all the consoles. I mean, some other lists don't have it. I guess it's just whatever the company decides to put there, so they can be as general and as unspecific as they want.

Now I'm a little word about Fallout 4. Todd Howard did say in an interview that, although they can't say anything about their next game, they were excited about the things they are able to do with the new consoles because of "all dat memory". Dunno if that says much, but at least... They're... Err... Uhmm...
pls don't be cross gen I'll cri evrytim

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Natsume, Inc
Action > Nintendo 3DS
Action > Nintendo Wii U
Racing > Nintendo 3DS
Simulation > Android
Simulation > Apple iOS
Simulation > Nintendo Wii U
Simulation > PC/Windows

Please be an HD Harvest Moon, please be an HD Harvest Moon, please be an HD Harvest Moon!
I NEEED an HD Harvest Moon.

Remember Natsume does not release real Harvest Moon games. They release the knock-off ones since they lost the licensing agreement.

I expect it will be an HD farm simulator, but if it is anything like the one on the 3DS then it won't be worth getting.

I imagine that the iOS/Android titles will be their attempt on making a mobile farm simulator, likewise for the PC title.

18-Volt

Not seeing Vita on Bamco's list brings me despair.

Yep, most of Namco's stuff waiting for localization is for Vita. Tales of Zestiria is also absent from that list. Wonder what all those Xbox one stuff are. Naruto?

I expect them to announce God Eater 2 and Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden at Paris Japan Expo in July. They always reveal new games there.

The xseed rpg for PS3 and vita could be sen no kiseki

That's what everybody thought. And the "Action" one is SK Estival Versus.

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.

Product Categories (7)
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Xbox One
Adventure > PC/Windows
Adventure > Xbox One

Resident Evil 0 is on PS3 and 360 isn't it? Wouldn't be surprised if it was 7 though, it's about time for a new main series game.

Neospartan

Neo Member
Remember Natsume does not release real Harvest Moon games. They release the knock-off ones since they lost the licensing agreement.

I expect it will be an HD farm simulator, but if it is anything like the one on the 3DS then it won't be worth getting.

I imagine that the iOS/Android titles will be their attempt on making a mobile farm simulator, likewise for the PC title.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. I still think it could be good though. It could be a decent Harvest Moon (if they realize that Harvest Moon: Minecraft is not that good of an idea. Unlikely, I know.) and/or push the development of an HD Story of Seasons.

well like it or not, to a majority, indie is a genre even if it technically isnt.

There's no technically about it. Indie is a game of any genre made by an jndependant developer. It has nothing to do with the game itself in the first place.

Roguelike, Metroidvania, Adventure, RPG, those are genres.

People are just lazy and lump all of them together as if they are similar in nature

Top Bottom