• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Sony] Death Stranding - E3 2018 4K Trailer | PS4

GenericUser

I don't have muh faith in this tbh. Kojima must be high on weed when he came up with the idea for this game. Trailer didn't do it for me. At some point in time, you have to flat out tell people how the game will actually play. I can only bear this vague shit for so long. Thats just my opinion.

Seems like the trailer was heavily the start of the game (outside of showing him with a gun), which itself could be many hours based on the insanely long first chapter of MGSV.
I hope we don't spend too long collecting random stuff and going up mountains before the action starts

Last edited:

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Why doesn’t he just use a vehicle? He has levitating cargo behind him, but he can’t get vehicular transportation? At one point we see a motorcycle pushed off a cliff. Why does he have to walk and destroy his feet?

mcz117chief

Right?? He must've done so many weeds to come up with something this wacky and weird LOL.
JITKMkK.jpg

Y2H

I have complete faith in Kojima. That bloke knows how to make his games stand out from others and make them good as well. Hopefully with the shackles of Konami gone we can see how eccentric he really is.

Mibuokami

Right?? He must've done so many weeds to come up with something this wacky and weird LOL.

Negative, I've had weeds and I can't even come up with 1% of this shit. Can only conclude that this is all the shit he was forced to eat while at Konami vomited out into a single game.

Well that PLUS weeds (and shrooms and LSD etc etc).

Last edited:

God Enel

I fucking loved what was shown. It's so weird with the baby the girl the hands on the ground. What the hell. Cannot wait

Mr Hyde

I don'know what to make of this game. On the one hand it looks unique and flat out fantastic, but on the other it looks pretentious as hell.

"Give me your hand in death"

"Give me your hand in life"

Kojima, are you on the magic mushrooms? Either way, I'm playing this day one no matter how fucking crazy this is. And Sony must be sweating real good right now for giving Kojima a blank check and after three years nobody knows what the hell this game is supposed to be. To be honest, this has flop written all over it, seems too weird and hard to sell to be a hit.

Last edited:

xviper

this trailer completely shattered my hype and expectation for the game

i honestly expected Death Stranding to be kinda like silent hills but in a different name

no combat shown, it's either because the game is mostly a walking simulator or the game is long from being finished and the combat's development has not yet finished

the biggest disappointment of E3 by far

Last edited:

Hayfield

Banned
Absolutely adore the lovecraftian vibes I'm getting from the unknown creatures, I guess he's going with the unknown theme in the marketing too, was hoping to see more of the gameplay.

Its gonna be interesting to see how death works, it's hinting at in the trailer, when he gets told he'll come back but the crater (?) will remain. Seems like death won't have an impact on the player character but on the world/environment instead. But as with all the other trailers for this game it has only presented more questions rather than answers.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
So you fight farts in oil in this game?

But seriously, what the hell was that? Gameplay showed nothing interesting. So empty

WaterAstro

We're pretty spoiled when it comes to wanting to see gameplay that we find it hard to appreciate something like this.

I'm sure we'll see shooting action soon enough. It's teased when he had that gun.

Mahadev

Many people already jumped to conclusions about this game with very little info. I'll wait until at least we have a gameplay demo.

Aggelos

I am in shock about the fact that people do not recognize Lindsay Wagner.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Wagner

The moment I saw her, my childhood just sprung up to my mind. I was 5-6 years old back in the late '80s, when I would watch Bionic Woman on German TV (dubbed of course in German. And the Six Million Dollar Man was very interesting indeed)
Lindsay Wagner was an iconic model of female beauty, charm, charisma, style, power, might, maternity, sophistication back then.
Man Kojima........... totally blown away by the inclusion of Lindsay Wagner!

Last edited:

Future

Even though metal gear got weird as hell at least it was rooted in tactical espionage action hero. Who the hell is Darryl in this

All these trailers and I still don’t even know if I should be interested in this game.

AlexxKidd

3 trailers and we still dont know what the game really is, AND I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY. They could have shown 15 minutes of a guy sitting on a toilet for all i care, i have total faith in Kojima and his eccentricities. Take the end of mgs2 and turn it up to 11, day zero SIGHT UNSEEN.

I understand all the complaints, it looked like a walking simulator, we still have no idea what this game is about, but I dont even care I love everything this game evokes.

Something new, something different, something from the future. Although I don't trust Kojima to be able to lead this game to success, but at the same time he is needed for this game to be ambitious enough. It could fail, but I am hoping it doesn't. One of the games of the show for me, well done Sony

vpance

Other game directors must be super jelly of Kojima's hollywood connect. Lea Seydoux now? Nice

Last edited:

halfHedge

Neo Member
That was fantastic.

But in general, I really don't know how to feel about the fact that a presentation like this, is getting appreciated less and less.
It seems there can be no mystery anymore, and every game has to be made just for the person that is buying it. It's like the Fallout 76 presentation. There wasn't ONE instance of a dialog or human/mutant/etc. interaction.
No mystery, no "investment", just quick action and reaction.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Mesmeric, but I'm not sure how much fun being a glorified Deliveroo courier is going to be, even with invisible time altering nasties to contend with.

What happened was Kojima was very impressed by how Horizon looked. He was ecstatic when he got to work with Horizon's Decima engine. But then Breath of the WIld came along and everyone was saying Horizon isn't as good cause BoTW has climbing. And thus Death Stranding was born.

Aggelos

Lindsay....
He said that. Kojima used to watch the Bionic Woman every week as a kid.
Lindsay is his inspiration, his muse (my Japanese knowledge is enough to get that)

KOMANI

KOMANI
I came to post the same. I’m worried that this is another case of putting his starfucking ahead of gameplay cause what we got is some janky walking in a dead open world with characters i didnt care about.
I think this is the perfect time to jump off the Kojima bandwagon for good. I’d rather play the heavily ridiculed Survive.

The_Demiurge_Doe

Neo Member
Looks interesting: the part with the “invisible” monster, the landscapes, collecting stuff, wounds affecting your character, the dead; but wth are you using a baby in a portable incubator o_O

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Mailman simulator? Lol, joking.

Have to admit, I’m not that into Kojima games and I don’t even have a PS4, but this game has my interest piqued. It’s just so unique. Gaming needs more interesting, off the wall and high budget stuff like this.

I’m actually surprised it looks this polished 2 years (or maybe less) into development. How big is his dev team?

Eliciel

So is this an international parcel service gaming experience? IPSG limited, P as in Porter?
Jokes aside, I liked what I saw, but did I get a word of what was going on, or what my job will be in the game or what the story is like or what the interaction is like? No. Not a word.
Kojima is a mastermind of silently entering your brain and never letting you ahead of the game.

Bring it on, soon please.

Mr Hyde

I rewatched the trailer and I have only one thing to say. Give me this game right fucking now. The sense of solitude, amplified by the excellent choice of music, and the crazy feelings of dread and mystery just seals the deal for me. It looks incredibly beautiful, with nice weather effects, mountain cliffs, and gorgeous waterfalls. Death Stranding has this alluring atmosphere that I haven't felt in a game since... well, forever. Absolutely stunned by this.

Handy Fake

The bit where the doodads grabbed him out of the ground with that moaning sound reminded me of the bit in "Ghost" where Swayze's murderer gets killed and dragged off to Hell by demons. Scared the shit out of me that did.

JCK75

I thought it looked ridiculous from the first time it was announced, and it's only gotten worse with each event.

pr0cs

Nope, not really interested. I just can't get excited for the convoluted mess and goofy shit in Kojimas work. Graphically it looks great and the voice acting clearly will be top tier finally but the story looks like a fucking mess so I'll likely skip it

Fbh

I have to say I'm still very intrigued by it. My main issue with MGSV was that the story and wacky Kojima plot took a backseat but here he seems to be back to the style of his that I like.

With that said, a vague trailer that doesn't really show what the game is about and doesn't really show how the game actually plays was fine when the game was announced...and then when it was shown again, and then when it was shown a third time . But this is now the third year and like the fourth (fifth?) Time we see this game being show with the same sort of stuff and it's getting tiring

Last edited:

manfestival

Why doesn’t he just use a vehicle? He has levitating cargo behind him, but he can’t get vehicular transportation? At one point we see a motorcycle pushed off a cliff. Why does he have to walk and destroy his feet?
I feel like this is indirectly explained through the trailer in itself with those somewhat invisible people. Also the fact that he is trying to lay low. I mean he walked in a hot zone and got engulfed by the tar goo mess of whatever

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima is using Normans unborn child as part of the game. Day one.

Top Bottom