• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Sony] Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer

Future

Fucking in for this. After seeing the trailer I immediately bought on the spot Resident Evil 0/1 remake for PS4. Love this cheesy series

Aggelos

What‘s up with that on stage trailer? Why did they look so weird there?

Jawmuncher said, on twitter, that the stage trailer was from an earlier build. That's why the character models where different in the announcement trailer (the 2nd one that came out after the end of the show).

A theory about it -> rumours were circulating last year about RE2R being unveiled (along with DMC5), so perhaps the stage trailer was meant for last year?.... And they re-purposed it now?
Anyway its seems that the most plausible explanation for Leon and Claire looking different in the stage trailer is that they're earlier renderings.

Last edited:
Man, they really pulled this off. I am so stoked for this. Capcom just made my E3. Nothing can top this. I do hope Capcom has plans to release the original RE2, on Xbox Live, PSN and Switch, prior to the Remake - that would be icing on the cake.

The character designs do share similarities with those of the new Devil May Cry, I think.

Last edited:
This'll be the last RE game I play.

RE2 was my first RE game and loved how the fixed cameras that created a sense of uncertainty and gave these games a cinematic quality, the tank controls were fine because it worked in tandem with those fixed cameras. It holds a place dear in my heart as it got me into the horror genre as a whole.

This movie-fied reimagining changes so much, it looks more direct in displaying it's horror and every gory detail, the subtlety and quiet of the original is gone and the fact that people accept it with open arms shows I'm just out of touch, the series is no longer for me.

I'll still gonna play the remake with incredibly low expectations going in, but I'm finally done with RE after this.

This is just my harsh reminder that games are not art, and are foremost a commercial product to entertain.

For those that never played the original and are excited for the remake, I can only hope that you have as good as an experience as I did back with the original.

RE2 was my first RE game and loved how the fixed cameras that created a sense of uncertainty and gave these games a cinematic quality, the tank controls were fine because it worked in tandem with those fixed cameras. It holds a place dear in my heart as it got me into the horror genre as a whole.

This movie-fied reimagining changes so much, it looks more direct in displaying it's horror and every gory detail, the subtlety and quiet of the original is gone and the fact that people accept it with open arms shows I'm just out of touch, the series is no longer for me.

I'll still gonna play the remake with incredibly low expectations going in, but I'm finally done with RE after this.

This is just my harsh reminder that games are not art, and are foremost a commercial product to entertain.

For those that never played the original and are excited for the remake, I can only hope that you have as good of an experience as I did back with the original.

Also whoops double posted while trying to edit

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Subtle improvement....
resident-evil-2-1466810916524.jpg

image_resident_evil_2-38529-4110_0005.jpg

Dr. Doak

For those that never played the original and are excited for the remake, I can only hope that you have as good as an experience as I did back with the original.
Yeah, I agree. I'm done with Capcom and RE. This has nothing to do with survival horror and Capcom just doesn't care. OTS camera is a huge "fuck you" to all of the old fans.

For those that never played the original and are excited for the remake, I can only hope that you have as good of an experience as I did back with the original.

Also whoops double posted while trying to edit

I agree, bud. All the way. RE2 was the game that got me into survival horror back in my teenage years. I've had a lot of grief to go through because of sad people associated with fan forums and I'm 32 now. Through it all, I put up with Capcom and those trolls.

I even get people trolling me now at my YouTube channel. "Calling me out" and then deleting their own posts to make me look like I was the culprit, when that deletion stuff only occurs if they removed the comments themselves or if I blocked them or erased the comments myself. However, I don't block people on my channel, nor do I erase any comments. If they spam me, I just ignore the posts, but I don't delete them. They are left there because I think people should be allowed to speak up. It's just that they act so immature.

People like you and I know that the genre kind of sucks now, yet all these people who praise what Capcom are doing are kind of why Capcom keeps milking the franchise, soon to be to its demise, I'm certain. I'm quite sure of that. Capcom will just end up like Konami eventually.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Love the PSOne love in the trailer, guess that want be in other versions
Game of the show for me

Last edited:

WaterAstro

Yeah, I agree. I'm done with Capcom and RE. This has nothing to do with survival horror and Capcom just doesn't care. OTS camera is a huge "fuck you" to all of the old fans.
Uuuh Capcom already confirmed it will have both OTS RE4 style camera AND the RE2 classic fix camera.

MADGAME

Not lying, that's atrocious. Battling zombies hordes with a 90's boy band member is going to take some getting used to.
Lol it definitely isn’t the most flattering shot of Leon. Game isn’t scheduled to release for another 7 months, who knows what could happen in the interim.

JP

It's strange seeing a PlayStation 1 in the game, I suppose it'll be removed from the final release.

JCK75

I'm always very put off when franchises that we get to play on all platforms go exclusive to one, that includes this and Spider-man.. I mean I have a PS4 so it doesn't really affect me personally but I'm still rather down on it.

the subtlety and quiet of the original is gone and the fact that people accept it with open arms shows I'm just out of touch, the series is no longer for me.

This game was never subtle. This game was a pastiche of b-movies mixed with Japanese quirkiness. That 'quiet' foreboding quality that the original Resident Evil 2 had bleeds from the trailers. The shots of the newly imagined Raccoon Police Dept. empty entrance hall, for example, radiates that same mood RE2 had.

Resident Evil has always been relieve, tension, relieve, tension. In the original RE2 the hallways crawling with zombies where a very tense affair for those playing the game when it originally came out - like me. Because of limitations of the hardware and software at that time, and what players were used to. But the way Resident Evil 2 Remake looks right now, is how it should look like right now. The ambience just blows of the screen from the trailer. There will be moments of solitude, like when you escape into the gun store, or barely make it into the police station. But there will also be moments of tense action, like those tight halls littered with zombies that you have to make your way through. And yes, Capcom could have gone with Romero style zombies that just shuffle around at a slow pace instead of the Danny Boyle/ Zack Snyder type runners we see in the trailers. But in my opinion it ads to the action. And that bs about the over the shoulder cam. There are also people who enjoy that. It is not a reason to discredit a game, come off it, man.

Anyone who can't get excited about this, isn't a true fan, but that is just my opinion.

Nymphae

Banned
Looks like the best remake we could have hoped for. More excited for this than I was for the original REmake, and I like RE1 more than 2. Just looks like they are pulling out all the stops to make this a fucking crazy ass modern RE.

Also, I am so tired of the armchair game/character designers on the internet. Just 100% tired of people bringing their negativity to a thread. No one cares. The main characters look absolutely fine. Love how you can seen how green Leon is from his character model and animation.

Last edited:

XGoldenboyX

Not lying, that's atrocious. Battling zombies hordes with a 90's boy band member is going to take some getting used to.
That's just the angle and lighting at that particular Shot, if you look at other shot's he doesnt look that bad !

Last edited:

OrionNebula

God damn that looks great.
Jan 25th can’t come soon enough.

Anybody has more information about the Pre-Order ‘’Bonus’’ concerning ‘’Original/Classic Soundtrack vs New Soundtrack’’

Looks like they’re doing like FFX Remaster for PS4, but I’d like to know more about it

If there’s new locations and a new cinematic experience, how can this be played with the original OST I wonder

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Claire was younger, so her face changing doesn't bother me. It's if she was older then I'd feel something completely different. I really liked it and it's an absolute must have game. I rented this game multiple times many years ago. I love it.

$59.99 - I knew it. I was wondering what the price would be.

Last edited:
Someone at Resetera predicted the reveal. Well actually, I think he claimed to have inside info. And he elaborated after the reveal that a fixed camera is indeed part of the game. But later today there is a 15 minute demo, so we will know for sure then, I guess.

EDIT 1: the someone goes by the handle of 'Dusk Golem'

EDIT 2: This is what 'Dusk Golem' says: 'This game has an option between OTS and Fixed Camera Angles, with game design differences based on what camera you use. I know it's not in the trailer stuff currently, and I hear Fixed Angles are still being polished, but I am certain they are in the game. They may be a surprise for a later date, in which case I feel a bit bad spoiling it, but it's out there now. '

Last edited:

Ame

So, fixed camera angles or not!?

According to the Easy Allies stream, both. You can choose between fixed or OTS. Also:

• Zombies now react in real time as they take instant visible damage making every shot count.
  • The deluxe edition lets you swap out the soundtrack for the original version.

Last edited:
Is there no word on whether or not we are getting the original prior to release of the Remake? I am kind of very interested in that. Seems a no brainer to release that one on PSN, Xbox Live and Switch.

Last edited:
That's why I made that point cuz i'm pointing out it's a new take. It's OTS when aiming but the camera tracks and pans out...and gets real close when you get attacked. It's more movement based but it remains ots for combat.

Do we know that part of the trailer is from the OTS gameplay? I'm seeing comments around saying the trailer has shots from the directed camera mode.

I cant really tell myself, a lot of them look like they could even be cut-scenes.

Anyways I'm really excited to see what kind of new stuff they can add with the zapping system. REmake had a lot of great surprises and there's even more potential to do cool stuff with RE2's multiple playthroughs.

edit:

And? It's not designed with fixed camera. It's not a remake like REmake. It's a new game. I'm out.

A lot of the shots in the trailer look like they're pretty damn faithful to the original game. There have even been RE2 fan projects that switch between both styles and even they looked decently well done. What do you expect they've done to the game? The RCPD is still gonna be the RCPD. It's still gonna be exploring tight corridors and unlocking paths as you go. It's not as if they changed it into an RE4 level to level structure.

There's no reason to think the classic game-play modes wont be good right now.

It's a trailer. You could cut together all the craziest scenes from OG RE2 along with a couple 5+ zombie multi head-shot kills and make it look crazy. Why not just wait for more gameplay to see how they handled the quiet moments?

Last edited:

Michele

you.
That lady in the poster, though. I think she's more beautiful than in the original game :love::love:

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

It still looks like another fanboy cash grab title, albeit not necessarily the worst game ever made, but you know what I mean!

I can't disagree with that, but as a RE fanboy: Give us retro-inspired costumes that we don't have to pay for Capcom (including tofu). Go all the damned way on the sloppy fanservice.

And if this game doesn't start off with a "WHY'D HE BITE ME!?", I'm out.

DonF

I don't know why, but resi 2 is the one I played like once and moved to 3, which is the one I remember the most of the ps1 era. So I actually remember close to nothing of 2. It will be like playing it for the first time. I feel lucky.

PS4Pro

Neo Member
Any Chance we get to Download the trial and Play at Home ? I mean, re4, re5, re6 and re7 all of them got a Downloadable Demo.

Vade

Can we just bring back Paul Mercier. He was so perfect for Leon. I did not like Matt Mercer in RE6 and this should like even another voice actor than Matt unless Matt was doing something weird to sound younger.

Top Bottom