• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Sony] Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-03-capcom-taken-aback-by-resident-evil-2-reception

"We had discussions on whether we could make a game that was everything for everyone," says Capcom Europe COO Stuart Turner. "For those guys who want tank controls and want fixed cameras... can we do that?

"But the world has moved on and these players have changed. And if we did [introduce old school mechanics], these fans might play it and actually decide it's not what they wanted after all. But we played around with a few things in development. We did try first-person, we did try fixed camera. But the way the game has been designed, we decided that a third-person view works better."

Grinchy

Banned
Maybe they'll go back in the future and re-tweak it to make an awesome VR version. Until then, I just can't wait to play what we will have soon.

So this really amazes me, but in a bad way. Just how does one get subscribers in this day and age? Honestly, the Internet may as well be dead now.

How come this "Nemesis" dude makes Resident Evil rant videos and accumulates over 3K subs, yet when I do it too, nobody notices or even cares?

This first video is one from his channel. He does a lot of videos like this. He can get so many views in an hour or two. But with me? Nobody cares!

Here's that Latin American whining idiot's channel. Just how is it that he can get so many subs and views, when his content is always the same. Huh?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyT4ankgVI5mBi-T89r0Xjg/videos

And here is mine. Now, I mostly upload commentary videos, but I also put up films too. Yet I have no subs at all. Granted, I delete my accounts a lot.

But you tell me: I don't get that, at all. How is it I just do opinions videos like every Tom, Dick and Harry out there, yet nobody actually notices me?

I'm beginning to wonder if, one of the reasons that nobody cares, is because I talk in a weird accent or I just lack the necessary charisma. What is it?

I just fail to understand why some guy: Some Joe like me puts up videos, about games, gets 3K subs. I don't get anybody noticing me, except trolls.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVajMsU5WsTNE5PAhbhXn_g/videos

God Enel

Granted, I delete my accounts a lot.

Not gonna click on the links because I'm not interested what a random dude has to say, but maybe the quote is the problem. I think it's a lot of work to get followers and it takes a lot of time as well . If you create a new account every two days how are you going to get followers? They don't know that you created a new one

Or am I missing something? 🤔

Well, I can see your point. I'm not sure how long I've kept these accounts. But for the most part, I've had channels open for a while and linked to my videos on forums. Which then kind of causes a mess, because people will see an embedded video that has been erased. But I've did that a lot and rarely, have I gotten anyone replying. That other guy has had his channel since 2014. He used to upload anime videos and also music, prior to games.

As far as my videos go? Well, I have autism, you see. It's quite mild, but I don't think people care much for zero budget drama videos, because I mean, what's the attraction? Plus, there is millions of users already making videos, with way better content. I'm not sure. I've just came to realize that maybe people are too busy to notice, they have heard or seen it all before, or the forums I'm posting on are dead, so there's little odds of people investing.

In general, it's not just YouTube. Over the past 15 years, people went from using forums a lot to mostly other aspects of social media. Now you can find groups on Reddit. Not everybody is even a big fan of niche genres. Survival horror does not apply to everyone. Some people don't even like the tank controls and camera angles in the old ones, but they like the more recent first and third person view. Overall, I think the web has changed a lot.

Last edited:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-08-03-capcom-taken-aback-by-resident-evil-2-reception

"We had discussions on whether we could make a game that was everything for everyone," says Capcom Europe COO Stuart Turner. "For those guys who want tank controls and want fixed cameras... can we do that?

"But the world has moved on and these players have changed. And if we did [introduce old school mechanics], these fans might play it and actually decide it's not what they wanted after all. But we played around with a few things in development. We did try first-person, we did try fixed camera. But the way the game has been designed, we decided that a third-person view works better."

This is interesting to me because they admit to trying multiple cameras and then they put forward a scenario of " if we did introduce oldschool mechanics".... to me it continues to be odd that they bring up Fixed Camera and First Person in the marketing of this game. It's like you're asking to pour salt in the wound of purists by doing that so why keep doing it?

doesn't help that Famitsu had a pic a while ago of a fixed camera angle in the game. :p

Last edited:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, PLEASE. DO IT NOW, F...

Just kidding. All caps, because I'm actually joking. But seriously - I bloody need subs. "pie_tears_joy:

The new model for Chris, for example, should indicate that Capcom could not care less about Chris anymore.

Resident Evil 2 Steelbook for Europe (UK)

730671_ps4_a.png

Aggelos

First Glimpse at William Birkin!! And more Claire, Sherry and Chief Irons

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...ity-in-new-resident-evil-2-info-from-gamescom
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/resident-evil-2-details-claire-redfield

RE2_Gamescom_GL_06.jpg

Recently revealed at gamescom, Claire makes her gameplay debut in Resident Evil 2! Providing a slice of her full campaign, Claire has her own terrifying encounter to deal with in the depths of the Raccoon City police station.

Claire Redfield has been on a mission to find her missing brother Chris – a mission that brings her to Raccoon City. Fans of the original Resident Evil 2 will be intimately familiar with the iconic scene of Claire riding into town on her motorcycle, shortly before meeting up with rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and working together to escape the zombie hordes plaguing the city.

Surviving the streets of the once-lively city, Claire manages to make her way to the Raccoon City police station, hoping to find information on the whereabouts of her brother, Chris… but she finds something much more sinister instead. In this preview, Claire explores a new portion of the R.P.D. before encountering a small, young abandoned child hiding in the sewers and waterways beneath the iconic station. Long-time fans need no introduction to who this child is, or the reason she’s running scared; Sherry Birkin warns Claire that a horrendous monster is right behind her, and the next chapter in her fight for survival begins.

A mutated figure wielding a pipe is out to crush anything that stand in his way, and sets his eyes on our heroine as nothing more than a roadblock to be destroyed. The resourceful Claire will have her survival skills put to the test, but has a few weapons at her disposal - including a grenade launcher packed with flammable rounds of ammunition.

Carefully navigating the machinery and steam coming from broken pipes, it’s hard to tell where an attack might come from next. Conserving ammunition is key, and knowing when, and where, to get a few shots in may be the only thing between survival and certain death in this tense encounter. Sending the creature over the edge will reunite Claire and Sherry, but for how long…?

Last edited:
Original Claire doesn't look like a real person so the change is all for the better.

Just don't change Jill for RE3 (keep her REmake face).

Top Bottom