• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Sony] Sony E3 2018 Conference Thread (RATE THE SHOW)

How would you rate the Sony E3 2018 Conference?

• A

Votes: 67 15.6%
  • B

Votes: 119 27.7%
  • C

Votes: 138 32.1%
  • D

Votes: 61 14.2%
  • F

Votes: 34 7.9%
  • My attention span is too low for all these venue swaps

Votes: 11 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
GDUEui1.png

Conference Date and Time:

t1528765200z4.png

June 11, 2018
- 6:00pm PT
- 9:00pm ET

June 12, 2018
- 2:00am BST
- 10:00am JST
- 11:00am AET

Around 1-1.5 hours

Livesteams:

YouTube
Twitch
Live.Playstation

What To Expect:

- Ghost of Tsushima
- The Last of Us Part 2
- Spider-Man
- Death Stranding
- Days Gone
- Dreams
- Kingdom Hearts III

Summary:

Coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andyliini

I'm watching, but only because theres a steady stream of other shows before it. I'm usually going to bed before this, but well see. Maybe they have something interesting.

What we know they are going to show is really good. I have high expectations.

I’ll use the Call of Duty portion as my bathroom break.

You know Gaf, this really is one of the last conferences of E3 this year.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope Sony has some new stuff to show us other than those four games and as much as I'm crazy super hyped for KHIII but if they going to show the same trailer then don't bother.

NeoGIF

Yeah, really looking forward to Sony's conference tonight. Hopefully they have some nice surprises in store for us.

WaterAstro

I don't think we'll have many surprises, but we'll have their big games there.

If they held a couple of megatons, that's what Xbox was missing, and that's what will put them on top. Of course, Nintendo will be ready with Metroid Prime 4 and what not.

gioGAF

Finally, the only conference that really matters to me. I hope we see some good stuff. Will watch it live for best effect.

Geki-D

Banned
Expect Soulstorm, my dudes.

Shame I'll be asleep for this one. Seems to always be the case with Sony's conference that I'm finding out what they had the morning after.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

I wonder what new things we will hear about. I'm sure a lot of stuff will be games we already know about. Since FF7R was a no show at the SE conference would be nice to see it here.

BANGS

Banned
Praying for Shenmue stuff, even though that seems fairly unlikely given all the dubious tweets about it...

WaterAstro

My bet is that they're going to start with a gut guitar and the TLOU theme at the beginning. Maybe even Ashley Johnson playing the guitar on stage to start.

Demon's Souls remake, remaster or sequel.
Bloodborne 2.
Syphon Filter reboot.
Legend of Dragoon game.
A Wild Arms reboot.
Motorstorm sequel.
Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale sequel.

These are things I want, but will not get. :cry:

Fbh

I'm kinda more excited about their third party announcements after the MS conference.
I was sure they would get to announce DMC5 and Shadows Die Twice, now I have no idea what they could show so I'm hoping for some nice surprises.

Pejo

I'm honestly a little nervous about this show. Usually Sony is the leakiest of the leaky when it comes to E3, and other than that bait list, we haven't really seen much come out yet. If there's nothing leaking, they really might only have extended demos of the 4 games we know about. I'm really hoping for a big surprise or two though.

Mr Hyde

Gonna watch this after work. Will be absolutely trashed in the morning after so I hope it is worth staying up this late. Most excited about Death Stranding and what type of game it is, but I´m also excited about TLoU2 since the original is among my top 10 all time. It would be nice with a showing of Final Fantasy VII and Resident Evil 2, but I ain´t holding my breath for it. A remake for Demon´s Souls by Bluepoint would send me in to a comatose state so I´m a bit worried about that, it´s dangerous to believe rumors these days.

WaterAstro

I'm honestly a little nervous about this show. Usually Sony is the leakiest of the leaky when it comes to E3, and other than that bait list, we haven't really seen much come out yet. If there's nothing leaking, they really might only have extended demos of the 4 games we know about. I'm really hoping for a big surprise or two though.
lol no, Sony is usually a tight ship. 2015 and 2016 are proof of it.

7he Talon

I don't know what to expect today. Alongside the games that have been announced, I'm hoping for some unexpected reveals. Microsoft had a pretty good conference, it might be hard for Sony to beat.

MADGAME

Hoping for some unexpected hype surprises. They don't even need to be huge bombshells. Maybe some out of nowhere remasters, unexpected content/dlc, or other zany shenanigans.

For my dreams to come true I would need a new Bloodborne game, FF7 remake gameplay and release date, and a Soul Reaver sequel or reboot.

Gander

Banned
*Hell freezes over*

- Einhander 2 announced
- Suidoken 6 announced
- Wipeout Omega is 4.99 for 72 hours on PS store.
- A new Bloody Roar announced
- A new Tobal announced

duhmetree

- Ghost of Tsushima
- Spider-Man
- Days Gone
- Dreams
- PSVR
- Destiny 2: Forsaken
- CoD BO IV
- Miyazaki Game
- Death Stranding
- The Last of Us Part 2

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

MS hinted at Nextbox so why not Sony? Some even say that MS did so in last minute kind of way because they had some intel on what Sony was going to show.

I just think Sony are very comfortable and will follow the same path as the PS4 reveal as closely as possible if they can. Nothing can be 100% ruled out but I seriously doubt PS5 will be hinted at.

Kagero

MS hinted at Nextbox so why not Sony? Some even say that MS did so in last minute kind of way because they had some intel on what Sony was going to show.
I immediately thought the same that MS hinted at the next XBOX to dilute whatever Sony has to say about next gen. Then again, they did go on record as saying they won't be announcing new hardware at this E3.

duhmetree

Announcing new hardware too far in advance is bad business.

They will reveal the PS5 in September for release in November. 2019

A.Romero

They won't show anything related to PS5. If anything they will say something similar to Microsoft.

I'm most hyped about Death Stranding.

Maybe something Yakuza related?

A game play trailer for Shenmue 3?

A new Quantic Dreams announcement

-MD-

Just gimme TLOU gameplay and a RE2 reveal.

Gonna blow through work so I can make it home in time for this.

Top Bottom