• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 trailer/images from Warhammer 40k MMO Dark Millenium Online

Saterium

What Warhammer Online should've been... the 40k setting is so much more interesting then regular Warhammer.

With that said, I don't think releasing another Warhammer MMO is such a good idea, most people will think it's an xpac for EAs MMO.

Saterium said:
With that said, I don't think releasing another Warhammer MMO is such a good idea, most people will think it's an xpac for EAs MMO.

If perhaps people are stupid and only look at the word Warhammer and not even an image.

Darkkn

Already looks more interesting than SWTOR. Maybe this game manages to bring some life to MMO genre after all the WOW/Everquest imitators.

ummm....wow. This looks pretty good.

Shame it's an mmo. I think my life can only withstand one of those, and that one came and went. Still, the game looks great.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Saterium said:
What Warhammer Online should've been... the 40k setting is so much more interesting then regular Warhammer.

My thoughts exactly. On both points.

The other one is the regular Warhammer Online and this one is Warhammer 40K Online?

People might get confused with this being an expansion or something.

sweetvar26 said:
The other one is the regular Warhammer Online and this one is Warhammer 40K Online?

People might get confused with this being an expansion or something.

Are people really that stupid? One look at it tells them it's not the same thing.

Looks good. Wish I could play it, but the space is just too crowded with promising games. This comes in near the bottom of my list of games to give a try. Hopefully it comes out with a free to play model.

It looks great. I think it has potential if they succeed in delivering a large scale faction based uninstanced pvp, without also trying to be a traditional wow/eq on the side. Like a good version of Warhammer Online.
But I'll reserve hype since this is still an MMO, made by a developer who has no prior experience with MMO.

LowParry

Jibber Hack said:
Looks good. Wish I could play it, but the space is just too crowded with promising games. This comes in near the bottom of my list of games to give a try. Hopefully it comes out with a free to play model.

Chances are it won't release till the end of next year or middle of 2012.

I like the trailer. Is the Dawn of War series going to lead into this MMO or will they keep the two separate as far as storylines and such?

Binabik15

Obligatory:

kingmong-02.jpg

I won´t play this or any other MMO, but I hope the concept artwork is as fantastic as WAR´s.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Binabik15 said:
I won´t play this or any other MMO, but I hope the concept artwork is as fantastic as WAR´s.

Joe Mad is the creative director over at Vigil. His work on Darksiders was amazing.

Kronotech

It just better do better than WAR Online. WAR was hyped to all heaven and won Best of E3 in 08 (Best MMO). It had all the reviewers loving it... but fell flat.

I hope this one has a brighter future. I'll wait for videos.

Tripwood

Oh Yes!!

Hoping for some interesting game mechanics and a different leveling/skill system to the standardised WoW model.

Acosta

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Let's put some pics to give colour to this thread.

r1n53r.jpg

sowt52.jpg

11i0plg.jpg

It´s hard not to think in WoW when I see the video, but that's ok for me. This is Warhammer 40k (with Titans!) and that's enough to make me excited. Hoping for some real details.

Shanadeus

Banned
Ugh, I saw the same old MMO interface in that trailer. Am referring to the little row of icons that I guess represent your abilities - please give me something new.
And then there's wow-like "clunkyness".

The good bits:

It's fucking warhammer and has bald space marines.

vesp

Really wish info about this would start flowing. The trailer is pretty cool but I have no idea what type of game it is from watching it. Theres parts that look like planetside but then the interface looks like standard mmo. Is it open world or more like guild wars/cryptic games?

Cirruss

Shanadeus said:
Ugh, I saw the same old MMO interface in that trailer. Am referring to the little row of icons that I guess represent your abilities - please give me something new.
And then there's wow-like "clunkyness".

The good bits:

It's fucking warhammer and has bald space marines.

Yeah i was really excited the first couple of times i watched that trailer, then i slowed it down a bit to take a look at the ui, and i know that there is no way it will look like that in the finished game, it just looks so horrible and gave me a sinking feeling.

Blackface

Banned
Kronotech said:
It just better do better than WAR Online. WAR was hyped to all heaven and won Best of E3 in 08 (Best MMO). It had all the reviewers loving it... but fell flat.

I hope this one has a brighter future. I'll wait for videos.

Thats because Warhammer was fairly decent until you got the the upper levels. Then it fell apart and became a joke. Another joke would be Mythic barely allowed any beta testers to test the end-game at all.

I have a feeling this game will be terrible, but I don't want it to be. I hope it's amazing.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Other than the absolutely terrible UI which is obviously in it's early stages, I like what I'm seeing.

ultron87

So can I actually pilot a Titan or are those just NPC driven?

And from a fiction standpoint, don't the player characters pretty much have to exclusively be Space Marines? Because no one else really stands a chance.

God that looks good. Problem is, Warhammer is far too dark and testosterone-infused a universe to have mass-appeal so I hope that they're targeting this one for a small subscription base or it will be a horrible failure like WAR.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Also, I can't see Joe Mad being able to resist drawing a woman.

But between Darksiders and this, boy do I wish he'd started art directing games earlier.

Top Bottom