• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Ubi] Ubisoft E3 2018 Conference (Complete, vote now)

Ubi or not Ubi?

Votes: 6 14.6%

Votes: 4 9.8%

Votes: 16 39.0%

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Inspired by historical events & characters this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nowhat

So I guess we've come full circle - as much as I liked HZD, admittedly at times it was AC + the ME dialogue wheel with no consequences (edit: ok, few ones, but inconsequential at that).

And now we'll get an AC + the ME dialogue wheel with no consequences (there absolutely will not be any meaningful results no matter what dialogue option you pick, branching narrative is not what Ubisoft does).

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
I think this is where I'll quit the franchise. Cutscenes still look sooo boring. And nothing about this game is Assassins Creed except the name.

Fbh

So I guess we've come full circle - as much as I liked HZD, admittedly at times it was AC + the ME dialogue wheel with no consequences (edit: ok, few ones, but inconsequential at that).

And now we'll get an AC + the ME dialogue wheel with no consequences (there absolutely will not be any meaningful results no matter what dialogue option you pick, branching narrative is not what Ubisoft does).

But Horizon had a fun and decently told story with fun combat.

That's the 2 biggest things Ubisoft doesn't seem to be able to get right with AC

Dunki

Ok this was better than MS

IT has crazy, it got great games it was entertining and it had heart.

This was a 9/10 for me and a very very fun press confernce

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Legit surprised no Splinter Cell or Watch_Dogs - not even a short tease like the other folks seem to be doing.

Isa

Assassin's Creed has me legit hyped!!! My body is ready for the Peloponnesian conflict(s). I'm so picking the lady as my main, but both leads seemed good.

kischine

Ubi is doing good lately, love the cringefest and I feel like they are listening and trying, It's not like the games are necessarily bad (except for few ones like For Honor), but they're not for me though...

And yeah, also surprised at no Splinter Cell.

nowhat

There's a screenwriting principle of "show, don't tell" (it is a literary principle as well, but I'm now talking how it relates to visual media), that in a very simplified way means: instead of describing what's happening, show what's happening.

This presentation failed spectacularly on that front. There was way too much talk. And getting that band on the stage*), what the actual fuck. That was just such fluff.

*) Yeah, the Sony presentation may have a full symphonic orchestra. While pretentious, if it's there all the time, providing the soundtrack, I don't mind it that much. But to suddenly bring a band onstage for a single clip - just no, don't do it.

Fbh

B
I don't even like Ubisoft but this was a good show. Pretty good pacing with no game outstaying its welcome and overall just more fun and less cringy than some of their previous events. I really prefer different people coming on stage to introduce their stuff instead of having a host like they have had before.

BGAE2 look great although it still seems several years away and I might actually pick up that Assassins Creed after a sale but I still fear it will have the same issue as most ubisoft games: terrible storytelling, checklist based open world design and bland combat

Bring us the games!

xRc8qk5.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is anybody watching the gamespot after shit

"America is boring we are one step from being like the division amyway ahahaha"

heh

DonF

Everything that ubisoft makes is not for me. I got siege for free on pc, and I just can't get into it, even though its my kind of game. It feels sluggish. I played farcry 3 and assassins creed 2 so I fell like I played all their catalogue.

Dunki

Is anybody watching the gamespot after shit

"America is boring we are one step from being like the division amyway ahahaha"

heh
thats why you should not support these sites anymore. Watch streamers they actually have fun without political bullshit.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
thats why you should not support these sites anymore. Watch streamers they actually have fun without political bullshit.
Its the ex ign girl that felt weird around a dude and he got fired without proof I think lol

Top Bottom