• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Ubi] Ubisoft E3 2018 Conference (Complete, vote now)

Ubi or not Ubi?

Votes: 6 14.6%

Votes: 4 9.8%

Votes: 16 39.0%

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Inspired by historical events & characters this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaterAstro

I'll give the conference 8/10. Not much talking. Plenty of games. Some surprises. Nothing too crazy.
It's only taken them 11 years to allow people to play as a female character... How progressive of them.
I actually don't approve of this male and female choice. It just makes the whole idea shallow. Make a story that's meant for women. Make a story that's meant for men.

Ezio would not have worked if it was a female version of him. I definitely would prefer a story that actually involves the gender rather than making them both genderless in terms of the story.

Also, they had Assassin's Creed syndicate, which is a better way of handling the gender choice issue.

Bluecondor

I loved the Division, and still play multiplayer with a group of guys who I met while playing it back in 2016. So - The Division 2 is great news. I really like how they outlined the year one DLC - three episodes - each with additional missions and new areas of the map unlocked - for free. The announcement of 8-player raids is excellent news as well. I'm already motivated to start thinking about leveling-up my character so that I can play my part in an 8 man squad.

So - this was a great press conference for me - well worth watching just for this.

MayauMiao

Just watched the conference replay. I say for me its 4 for Skulls & Bones and Assassin's Creed Odyssey gameplay footage. Certainly a conference better than Square, Bethesda, and especially EA.

Am I hallucinating? I hate UbiSoft but they have one of the best conference until now...Starlink featuring Starfox, BG&E 2, Trials Rising, The Crew2...and people are complaining about Splinter Cell...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Am I hallucinating? I hate UbiSoft but they have one of the best conference until now...Starlink featuring Starfox, BG&E 2, Trials Rising, The Crew2...and people are complaining about Splinter Cell...
im complaining about Splinter Cell because I find it to be better than all of those.

Alx

The games looked solid. I expected more creativity from Ubi, but at least they're bringing the fun on stage. Ok-ish.
Oh and they should train their staff to reduce that accent, it's like they're not even trying.

Allandor

I really don't like Ubisoft as a company, but they had, what the other companies didn't. They announced games and showed gameplay and not only trailers.

Nymphae

Banned
What are they doing to AC ffs. It's now just historical diversity fan fic with as little emphasis on the sci-fi stuff as possible.

I miss the heavy animus/bleeding effect/time travel stuff. But now I can have a bi-sexual 3 way so..........progress?

DonJimbo

Assassins Creed Odyssey and Beyond Good and Evil 2 alone made the Conference enjoyable for me

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Assassins Creed Odyssey was very impressive and I will be playing that on Day 1, but I still can't get over the fact that no Splinter Cell was shown. Yes, I agree with the sentiment don't show anything unless you have something to show, but there has been 5 years since the last one and there was so much excitement/anticipation for it.

Overall this E3 was a huge letdown for me. Huge letdown.

Top Bottom