• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA “Mirror’s Edge will not be a Timed Exclusive for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
intheinbetween said:
fixed FGJ
Lol, I pratically got my head taken off for telling people to stop crying bitter tears over this. I kne this would happen. Now watch as some swavely try and make up for their junk while the rest of us multiplat owners are still on board the hype train. It was on my list before it was PS3/pwnly and it's still on my list now.

Tobor

BobTheFork said:
So do 360 owners magically think its a good game again lol?
We could blame the paper, but honestly Reeves says so much crap its more fun just to pin it on him.

Is this revisionist history? I read a few pages of the other thread this morning, and I didn't see any suspicious hating.

To be fair, I'm not riding this game's jock like 3/4 of GAF, but I'll probably buy it.

USD

How the fuck is Reeves not fired yet? With all the bullshit he spouts I'm surprised he wasn't fired ages ago.

USD said:
How the fuck is Reeves not fired yet? With all the bullshit he spouts I'm surprised he wasn't fired ages ago.

Because Europe is now Sony's strongest region?

Reeves can say whatever the fuck he wants if his strategy is a success in his region. That's all there is to it.

Whoever is running SCEJ probably deserves to be fired, but I'll reserve judgment until I see what they have to offer at TGS.

[Nintex]

So EA hasn't gone badshit insane, it would've been stupid the cut their revenue in half. Not to mention that Mirror's Edge needs better marketing. If both Sony and MS pick it up in their holiday marketing it'll sell alot more copies on both systems. It's already going to be drowned in Resistance 2, Call of Duty and Gears of War 2 advertisments.

Tobor said:
Is this revisionist history? I read a few pages of the other thread this morning, and I didn't see any suspicious hating.

To be fair, I'm not riding this game's jock like 3/4 of GAF, but I'll probably buy it.
I don't think anyone on GAF is riding this game's jock, and please read more than one post, I made it clear I was talking about TXB. I haven't seen this game get lots of GAF hype for or against.

[Nintex] said:
So EA hasn't gone badshit insane, it would've been stupid the cut their revenue in half. Not to mention that Mirror's Edge needs better marketing. If both Sony and MS pick it up in their holiday marketing it'll sell alot more copies on both systems. It's already going to be drowned in Resistance 2, Call of Duty and Gears of War 2 advertisments.
How the hell does coming to one system first half the revenue if it was coming to the platforms anyways. That seems really fucking stupid to think.

TemplaerDude said:
what an elaborate front.

Elaine: So Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood, establish trust ... for 48 years, and then run off with Jerry's sneakers?

Kramer: Apparently.

jorma

is now taking requests
To be fair, I dont think this will land at Reeves feet when all is said and done. There is no quote from him saying it would be excusive. To me it looks more like heise.de went with the rumours in the pressroom that blim blim alluded to, and then got a quote from Reeves that they could base the speculation with.

PetriP-TNT said:
Remember: 360 timed exclusives good, PS3 timed exclusives bad, simultanious releases somewhat good as longs as the 360 version is better!

Or was it the other way around? It's very confusing.

Weren't the first 10 pages or so of the thread about how it's a weird decision and "good for Sony" statements not OMGMONEYHATS? The one guy going crazy was more random than trendy, then again making stuff up is fun too.

jorma said:
To be fair, I dont think this will land at Reeves feet when all is said and done. There is no quote from him saying it would be excusive. To me it looks more like heise.de went with the rumours in the pressroom that blim blim alluded to, and then got a quote from Reeves that they could base the speculation with.
Lots of owners of both systems were calling BS to this from the start just based on where the rumor came from, but Reeves will take crap for this regardless.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Private Hoffman said:
Because Europe is now Sony's strongest region?

Reeves can say whatever the fuck he wants if his strategy is a success in his region. That's all there is to it.

Whoever is running SCEJ probably deserves to be fired, but I'll reserve judgment until I see what they have to offer at TGS.
What do you mean by now? the PAL region has always been where the Playstation brand dominated the most, most of Europe is still the PS defence force.

However, this success appears to be despite of Reeves input, or at least, his PR work, you never know, he might be good at the internal mechanisms behind the scenes, but if that was the case, he should shut it and get a PR guy in, or something.

Iksenpets

Banned
[Nintex] said:

You act like EA can't muster a decent ad campaign. Pretty much everything EA's touched this gen has been a commercial success, outside of the Hellgate debacle that wasn't really their fault. I think all ME needs to sell is a decent demo. People said pretty much every game last year was going to bomb because it was too different or too crowded, but everything did fine. The two HD consoles have userbases hardcore enough that good games pretty much always bubble to the top eventually, even if they get off to slow starts like Viva Pinata or Ratchet and Clank.

BeeDog

BobTheFork said:
Lots of owners of both systems were calling BS to this from the start just based on where the rumor came from, but Reeves will take crap for this regardless.

He hasn't exactly been the brightest bulb in other instances, so if this is just a misquoted mishap, it's just one less pin on his fully decorated tardbadge.

Tobor said:

Sounds like it. I think I had a billion dozen posts in that thread talking about how it's not that bad of an idea and pretty much every 360 owner would buy it when it comes out anyway, backed up by other 360 owners confirming the sentiment.

RavenFox

Banned
In all honesty Blim did over hear some stuff going on what he posted in the other thread. I think we all need to wait on this.

RavenFox said:
In all honesty Blim did over hear some stuff going on what he posted in the other thread. I think we all need to wait on this.

so the publisher of the game in question doesn't know better?

RavenFox said:

Wait, official word from the publisher is superseded by people on the show basically having the same conversations GAF had, but in person? There were plenty of people, me included, discussing it as if it were a done deal (how Blim described it). But I don't see how that's somehow more of a confirmation than the word of the publisher.

Has any game other than Unreal Tournament 3 been timed exclusive on PS3 despite PC being the lead platform? And even then, the PC version was day and date.

I think GAFs common sense detectors failed, as with Fallout 3.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
SolidSnakex said:
Mirror's Edge lead platform is the PS3.
So was Burnout Paradise, what does that prove?

Seriously guys, is this game worth getting into petty arguments over?

In before "Yes you dolt".

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
USD said:

He is trying to get himself fired... at least that's could be an explanation...

RavenFox

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Wait, official word from the publisher is superseded by people on the show basically having the same conversations GAF had, but in person? There were plenty of people, me included, discussing it as if it were a done deal (how Blim described it). But I don't see how that's somehow more of a confirmation than the word of the publisher.
Hold on fellas I'm not disputing against anything. All Im saying is if someone who is in the industry and overheard folks talking about a timed exclusive then the question is why were they talking about it in the first place? Sometimes somethings aren't suppose to be mentioned publicly yet. Reeves I just don't know about him lately. Bioshock comes to mind but you may be right on the money Benjamin.

Tobor

BobTheFork said:
I don't think anyone on GAF is riding this game's jock, and please read more than one post, I made it clear I was talking about TXB. I haven't seen this game get lots of GAF hype for or against.

How the hell does coming to one system first half the revenue if it was coming to the platforms anyways. That seems really fucking stupid to think.

You weren't the only one posting it, I just grabbed yours. I wasn't trying to single you out.

As for the jock riding, I've definitely seen the beginnings of some good old GAF overhype for this game, but that's not unusual.

Iksenpets

Banned
RavenFox said:
Hold on fellas I'm not disputing against anything. All Im saying is if someone who is in the industry and overheard folks talking about a timed exclusive then the question is why were they talking about it in the first place? Sometimes somethings aren't suppose to be mentioned publicly yet. Reeves I just don't know about him lately. Bioshock comes to mind but you may be right on the money Benjamin.

That'd be a valid point if they gave a no comment or even a really vague denial, but this is about the most specific denial they could possibly give.

RavenFox said:

I'll stick with what Blimblim reported for now.

PetriP-TNT said:
Remember: 360 timed exclusives good, PS3 timed exclusives bad, simultanious releases somewhat good as longs as the 360 version is better!

Or was it the other way around? It's very confusing.

Well....

you know what they say...

RLSzQZh.png

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I missed the PS3 exclusive announcement. I was so hyped about this game, a while ago, but the latest videos give me motion sickness. I am afraid I won't be able to enjoy it.

jett

D-Member
What exactly is David Reeves good for?

Project Midway said:
:lol

So I guess we wont anymore see SolidSnakeX at Mirror's edge threads? :p

SSX has been interested in ME since it was first shown.

Stop It said:
So was Burnout Paradise, what does that prove?

Seriously guys, is this game worth getting into petty arguments over?

In before "Yes you dolt".

It really means nothing. The Force Unleashed also lead on the PS3, and both versions look basically the same. Same goes for Burnout Paradise.

Only real thing that will be sacrified is the whole balancing thing being sixaxis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom