• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA “Mirror’s Edge will not be a Timed Exclusive for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

http://buttonmasher.co.nz/2008/08/25/ea-mirrors-edge-will-not-be-a-timed-exclusive-for-ps3/

A German Tech sitehas quoted David Reeves from Leipzig as having stated that Mirror’s Edge would be a timed exclusive for the PS3, this came out of the blue for many people looking forward to the game and especially the Xbox 360/PC owners.

The PS3 will be continuously supplied with exclusive games: “We are continuously, month after month publish new titles that bring something unique and different target groups. In a month, it is Gran Turismo, in the next SingStar, as well as Third-Party Title as mirrors Edge by Electronic Arts are part of this strategy. “ According to Reeves Mirrors Edge will initially exclusively for the PS3 this year. PC and Xbox 360 versions would follow much later.

EA however have declined this statement by the SCEE President with the following…..

Mirror’s Edge will be shipping this winter on PS3, XBOX360 and PC. Mirror’s Edge will not be a timed exclusive for PS3.

Pretty clear. Now back to waiting impatiently for it’s release

:lol

david_reeves_scee.jpg

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I want to say this is the magazines fault for a misunderstanding but it is David Reeves. Slightly off topic: Have we come any further in understanding why he is still employed by SONY?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Reeve's is such a piece of shit. Not that I wanted it for a timed exclusive, but Reeves is only able to spout shit. I will wear a party hat for 24 hours the day he gets the boot, which most likely is the same day Sony understands Europe is an actual, viable market.

BeeDog

NinjaFridge said:
I want to say this is the magazines fault for a misunderstanding but it is David Reeves. Slightly off topic: Have we come any further in understanding why he is still employed by SONY?

His salary is probably miniscule.

Kyoufu

NinjaFridge said:

Because he gives good numbers to his boss.

As long as he keeps doing well in Europe, he'll have his job.

Remember: 360 timed exclusives good, PS3 timed exclusives bad, simultanious releases somewhat good as longs as the 360 version is better!

Or was it the other way around? It's very confusing.

BeeDog

PetriP-TNT said:
Remember: 360 timed exclusives good, PS3 timed exclusives bad, simultanious releases somewhat good as longs as the 360 version is better!

Nah, that's how it goes.

vilmer_

PetriP-TNT said:

Nope, I think you got it right.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
If you read the Reeves quote, it's almost like he didn't think there were Xbox or PC versions at all. :lol What an asshole.

I'm curious about what happens now. Do those who pretended to hate it start eating crow? or do they keep acting hard and pretend to hate it?

Akai

Hahaha, oh my...I was going to get the PS3 version regardless to even out my system play, but it's nice to see that everyone will be able to play at the same time now (or is it?)

sykoex said:
If you read the Reeves quote, it's almost like he didn't think there were Xbox or PC versions at all. :lol What an asshole.
Well it's not really in his agenda to promote the PC or 360 versions, you know.

Quazar

PetriP-TNT said:

Most likely. You know how much Sony fans HATE money hats and all that. Sony is only looking out for its fans.

szaromir

Banned
It was unrealistic to begin with to expect EA to release that game on a single platform. Still though, it's reassuring for thos of us without a PS3.

And soon we'll have news from SCEI that PS2 backwards compatibility will not be happening on the PS3, Reeves just got confused with discussing how songs off previous Singstar games can be used on the PS3 version of the game.

We've banned websites for misinformation in the past, is it not time to start censoring Reeves?

diss

Banned
TBH after reading that quote above:

The PS3 will be continuously supplied with exclusive games: [ACTUAL QUOTE STARTS HERE!] “We are continuously, month after month publish new titles that bring something unique and different target groups. In a month, it is Gran Turismo, in the next SingStar, as well as Third-Party Title as mirrors Edge by Electronic Arts are part of this strategy. “ [QUOTE ENDS HERE] According to Reeves Mirrors Edge will initially exclusively for the PS3 this year. PC and Xbox 360 versions would follow much later.

Seems like they tried to draw something out of a rather innocuous statement.

That being said I agree that David Reeves is still a fucking idiot. Maybe not for this, but for so many other reasons :/

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
diss said:
TBH after reading that quote above:

The PS3 will be continuously supplied with exclusive games: [ACTUAL QUOTE STARTS HERE!] “We are continuously, month after month publish new titles that bring something unique and different target groups. In a month, it is Gran Turismo, in the next SingStar, as well as Third-Party Title as mirrors Edge by Electronic Arts are part of this strategy. “ [QUOTE ENDS HERE] According to Reeves Mirrors Edge will initially exclusively for the PS3 this year. PC and Xbox 360 versions would follow much later.

Seems like they tried to draw something out of a rather innocuous statement.

That being said I agree that David Reeves is still a fucking idiot.
Whoa you're right. I totally misread the quote. He doesn't mention exclusivity at all there...

jaypah

PetriP-TNT said:

it's both ways, but only if you're a dumb fucking fanboy with nothing else to do with your time.

Linkzg said:
I'm curious about what happens now. Do those who pretended to hate it start eating crow? or do they keep acting hard and pretend to hate it?

well after reading through the other thread i didn't see anyone who hated it. i saw a few post from TXB that someone posted but that was about it. so.....i guess you'll have to go on over to TXB and see what the haters think now because there weren't any here.

So do 360 owners magically think its a good game again lol?
We could blame the paper, but honestly Reeves says so much crap its more fun just to pin it on him.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So how can someone like Reeves get away with saying stuff like this? Is this not misleading the public to believe one thing to buy your product when its not true at all? What the hell?

Nizz

CoG said:
Now everyone can like it again.
Pretty much! :D It's cool that everyone can enjoy this game at the same time. How many times have people on the PS3 side been on the sidelines hearing about people's experiences with a game from people on the 360/PC side. At least now everybody can get in on the game day and date with each other.

Dre

David Reeves is Sony's René Vandereycken confirmed !

Fellow Belgian gaf member will understand.

tfur

Project Midway said:
:lol

So I guess we wont anymore see SolidSnakeX at Mirror's edge threads? :p

?

You are trying too hard, and obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Someone who is a real fan of the game before the rumors, would probably still be a fan...

h3ro

IB4 David Reeves can go to HELL. :p

The guy isn't a very good speaker nor is he an interesting personality. I don't know about his business acumen (are no price drops in Yurop his decision?) either. I wonder if him spouting off like this is going to damage the way Publishers and Devs deal with Sony, or Sony Europe at least...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
PetriP-TNT said:

I don't know any more, it seems like a constantly moving target.

Anyway, crisis averted etc, this forum was one confirmation away from epic meltdowns on both sides, that said, such a development would have decided for me what format to buy the game on, I hate such arbitrary decisions, :(

Oh, note to Sony: You guys are aware how much of an IDIOT this David Reeves chap is right? right? he must be removed and replaced by a PR bot asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom