• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access adding Madden 17, Skate 3, & More to vault later this year

RoKKeR

Surely this will be the death of the games industry as we know it. Nickel and dimed by publishers and forced into their anti-consumer subscriptions. Sad!

Nice. They've traditionally added Madden '17 the week between Conference Championship and Super Bowl, which would be sometime around next Wednesday usually.

Guess this is why Amazon fire-saled Madden at $19 today

RoKKeR

There's also this:

Additionally, members will be able to experience 10 hours of the next chapter in the epic space opera, Mass Effect™: Andromeda before its release with the EA Access Play First Trial beginning on March 16, 2017.

I wonder if they will stop you at a certain point in the story to try and combat spoilers?

Surely, any day now they'll be locking content behind paywalls, and at the same time every other publisher will do this too. Sure. It's been a few years now, but it's going to happen! And the PS+ offerings will get worse, because they've been oh so good lately. Thank goodness Sony is protecting us PS4 owners from this service!

The slippery slope I tells ya! Just wait, one day EA and all other publishers will lock their games away behind extra paywalls! Thank God that Sony has gamer's best interests at heart and protects us from the EA Access boogeyman.

For real though, EA Access has been an incredible investment for the number of games you get to play for such a cheap price.

timlot

Banned
Wonderful. Between EA Access and GwG mygame collection is larger than any system I've had going back to the NES in 1988.

Maximus P

I'm amazed by the value in EA access. My sub is up soon I will be definitely be subbing for another year and years to come.

Chris1

Are all the posts about how terrible and disgusting his is an inside joke or meme of some kind?
Why would it be a joke?

Look at the games being added. 3 old games and a US only sports game, who even wants to play them?

Really awful service, I don't know why EA wastes their time on it.

I'm also joking

Are all the posts about how terrible and disgusting his is an inside joke or meme of some kind?

When announced, some very vocal users here on GAF decried it as the nickel and diming of gamers, and how, if we bought into it, every company would be charging us yearly subscription fees to play their games. Also, Sony said they'd evaluated the program and decided to pass on it, because they didn't see the value in it and wanted to "protect" their user base from valueless programs.

Basically it was the death of gaming, and if it got steam these users would quit gaming altogether. They also applauded Sony for saying no with the thought that PS+ would get better games because it was a monopoly.

sense

Surely, any day now they'll be locking content behind paywalls, and at the same time every other publisher will do this too. Sure. It's been a few years now, but it's going to happen! And the PS+ offerings will get worse, because they've been oh so good lately. Thank goodness Sony is protecting us PS4 owners from this service!

from the outside looking in Sony looks to be the bad guy here but usually there is more to things like this than what is said from both parties. I am sure EA was one of the big supporters of always online decision behind Xb1 and considering the many exclusive games they launched on xb1 first I am sure there is something more they are expecting from Sony in order to implement this service which Sony is not able to accommodate. .

Wasn't there rumors that ms was giving a percentage of the xbox live fees to Activision back in the day?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413950

I mean looking at the current gen, it is obvious Activision is sided with Sony with destiny, cod, diablo etc.... and EA is sided with MS for the most part.

I am not defending Sony here and it sucks not to have this option but things aren't as simple as EA asking and Sony saying no when both parties have nothing to lose from offering this deal.

from the outside looking in Sony looks to be the bad guy here but usually there is more to things like this than what is said from both parties. I am sure EA was one of the big supporters of always online decision behind Xb1 and considering the many exclusive games they launched on xb1 first I am sure there is something more they are expecting from Sony in order to implement this service which Sony is not able to accommodate. .

Wasn't there rumors that ms was giving a percentage of the xbox live fees to Activision back in the day?

I mean looking at the current gen, it is obvious Activision is sided with Sony with destiny, cod, diablo etc.... and EA is sided with MS for the most part.

I am not defending Sony here and it sucks not to have this option but things aren't as simple as EA asking and Sony saying no when both parties have nothing to lose from offering this deal.

I think it is as simple as Sony not wanting Access on their system.

EA seems to have split marketing rights this gen, Sony has marketing rights with EA for: BF:Hardline, ME:A, and seemingly all Star Wars games.

Business decisions are fine. If Sony is making a business decision in not bringing EA Access to PS4, that's certainly its right. What got me was the "it's not a good value for consumers" line as it rings hollow and insincere. Sony wants to protect its service and that revenue? Okay, just go with focusing on Sony's service in the messaging then. It was and has been inauthentic.

But I agree with you, not a simple decision, and certainly not as easy as flipping a switch.

Do you know any of this for certain or really speculating everything?

Top Bottom