• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access early limited-time game access is for 6 hours with the full game

BY2K

Membero Americo
So EA Access Members get 6 hours of gameplay, then they have to buy the game at full price? Is that it?

Seik

Banned
Too bad for those that thought they'd have infinite MADDEN!

Oh you, EA, you never change do you?

EDIT: Oh, they mentioned it already? OP, you should check these things out first. :p

Krakn3Dfx

Sounds about right for EA.

9947906.gif

I likely won't use the whole 6 hours but I still think this is a bit of BS. However this is just one of the perks so overall I'm still happy with the program.

Is anyone changing there purchasing decisions because if this program? I had intended to get NHL at launch this year but will likely wait till it hits the vault now

I'm not feeling the outrage here.

If you want the game, buy it.

Early access isn't ownership and six hours is more than enough time to decide if you want the game or not.

Fletcher

Was it really expected that we would have the full game forever? I always assumed it was a demo and the next madden will become available later this year. Probably when the next madden is about to come out.

Expected. Or did people really expect to get 5 days of free gaming for how long they wanted? I mean, in 5 days I could even finish Dragon Age without needing to buy it after that.

So EA Access Members get 6 hours of gameplay, then they have to buy the game at full price? Is that it?

Might be.

Early access isn't ownership and six hours is more than enough time to decide if you want the game or not.

I am not a Madden player but I don't know how much 6 hours is in terms of looking through all of the (hopefully) new features in a Madden game.

gcubed

did people actually think they would get to play the game for the full week early?

I mean, thats on them then if they did, since it was always listed as demo

Incoming shit storm.

Anyway, previously with their early access sports game program you had the option to play it the entire weekend before release, regardless of purchasing the actual game or not.

Omega

Banned

No one paid $30 for a demo?

The people that signed up were people that were either A) going to get Madden and wanted the one week free B) just wanted to play some EA games for cheap

Well I'm confused. Do all EA Access Members get to play this 6 hours? Or only people who preordered the game? Because if it's only for people who preordered it, and EA still restricts access to 6 hours, then yeah, that's dumb. But if all EA Access members get to try it out, then they'd be stupid for thinking they're just going to get the next Madden for free.

sportz103

If you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time.
The exact description from their service. What's the fast one?

eznark

Banned
Wow that is awful and a huge step back from their previous Season Ticket deal for sports games.

did people actually think they would get to play the game for the full week early?
You did with Season Ticket (though that was only 3 days)

kadotsu

Banned
Next you are going to tell me that they won't update the vault every month but only when renewals are coming up.

The exact description from their service. What's the fast one?

I guess people were thinking "limited time" meant days. Not in a measurement of hours.

But again, I don't know if 6 hours of the full game of Madden is enough time to see if you like it. EA probably thought the people that would want to play Madden early are the ones that always get Madden and 6 hours was long enough. If that's the case it probably makes sense.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
6 hours of the full games sounds decent. If you literally had a week you could have your fill of many games.

Obviously the week was about when you had access, nothing to do with how long it would last for. Surely that was obvious?

Top Bottom