• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access has been so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

I have only had this service a month and a bit now, but damn has it been a great value. The games included in the EA Access Vault have far exceed my expectations. I paid $30 for a year of service, but I feel I have already earned my money back in the short time I've used it. For those that don't know, these are the games currently in the Vault:

• Battlefield 4 (+ Second Assault DLC Pack)
  • Peggle 2
  • FIFA 14
  • Madden 25
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
  • EA Sports UFC
  • Need for Speed Rivals
  • NBA Live 15
  • Madden 15
  • *NEW* NHL 2015 (updated 4/9/15)

I totally expected to receive older sports games from the annualized franchises, but I was shocked when they recently added NBA Live 15 and especially Madden 15. Madden alone makes the $30 program worth every penny. I've spent countless hours with BF4 (which included the only DLC I would have paid money for, lol), and I have a decent backlog of games I need to work through.

Likewise, I think 'their plan' is working. I was shopping around for a basketball game, and I know the 2K series is widely known to be the best option. I was trying to buy it on the cheap elsewhere when suddenly I got Live 15. No need to buy the 2K game now, and I am much more likely to maintain my EA sub.

I also own Dragon Age, so I'm ready to buy DLC with my 10% discount when it becomes available. Likewise, I look forward to getting my preview time with BF Hardline, since I have no plans on buying the game. Just a damn good service overall.

Does everyone else agree? If you enjoy any of the vault games and don't have EA Access, why is that?

It is a great service. Some of the games are shit or things that you are not interested in but even if it is just 2 or 3 games you like, it is well worth getting for those games.

So far, agreed. Definitely a good value for me. It also makes the Xbox One a solid value if you're into sports games, figuring that if you buy an X1, for $30 or whatever you get access to a pretty large category of fairly recent sports games.

Certinty

Madden 15 is in the vault? Damn.

Amazing service though, initially just got it for Plants vs Zombies but I've also ended up liking Peggle 2 and NBA Live 15.

But... but... but... EA is ruining gaming with this! If this succeeds, all other publishers will do the same!! All it's doing is taking away from PS+ and GWG!!! This is traveshamockery!

I'm loving EA Access so far. Best $30 I've spent on gaming in years.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Good? These are games they are giving away because people don't buy them anyway. UFC had like 200 online players before EA Access. FIFA 14. Really?

Derpyduck

Banned
Madden 15 is in the vault? Damn.

Amazing service though, initially just got it for Plants vs Zombies but I've also ended up liking Peggle 2 and NBA Live 15.

It was just added. I'm done buying EA games on my PS4 now. I'll just wait until I get an Xbox One at some point in the future and just subscribe to this program. Except for Rayman Legends, I see more value personally in this program than I've seen the past year in GwG and PS+ combined.

Good? These are games they are giving away because people don't buy them anyway. UFC had like 200 online players before EA Access. FIFA 14. Really?

People don't buy Madden?

Bgamer90

Banned

Last time I checked, Madden 15 still has a good amount of people playing online because... you know... Madden 16 isn't out yet.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
It's fine if that's your thing, but I'm glad Sony isn't bothering with it - I much prefer the PSN+ model and EA Access there would throw it out of whack.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
It is a great service. Some of the games are shit or things that you are not interested in but even if it is just 2 or 3 games you like, it is well worth getting for those games.

Sounds about what I expected. Glad people are getting their $ worth.

jesu

Certainly a bargain, I'd miss it if it was gone.

I've already sold my DA:I disc but I've just realised that by the time DA is in the vault I can buy the DLC and not miss out on it.
Also, I don't think I'll bother with FIFA 16 this year and just wait till next year and it's in the vault.
I will buy Battlefront though, and get the discount for it and the Premium pass.

Fury451

Banned
EA is such a weird company. They do such awful things that ruin good things about gaming (cutting out and reselling Sims features, murdering good studios) but such cool things that are pretty neat values (this, BF Premium).

It's like they're Jekyll and Hyde, but simultaneously.

Ohmbrew

It's fine if that's your thing, but I'm glad Sony isn't bothering with it - I much prefer the PSN+ model and EA Access there would throw it out of whack.

Out of curiousity, how would EA Access affect PS+? I don't believe it has affected MS's GWG too much. Aside from not seeing EA Games in the monthly PS+ offerings, would it throw off the PS+ model a lot?

Where you would usually find the games you want on that list used for quite cheap, EA can capitalize on getting all the used game revenue for themselves.

EA's diversity in that list isn't that great, and you're kind of at the mercy of whoever picks the games. It is good for those who are sports nuts and love every sports game.

AkuMifune

Banned

Yeah, but if that means we never get an EA sports game on PS+ that sucks.

Have we? Will we?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

I think the two could co-exist, EA doesn't make indies. (◠﹏◠✿)

Its existence is kind of weird - basically means you can expect no EA games for Games With Gold. When I first heard about it I got excited that someone initiated a Netflix of gaming. But that's basically what GWG and PS+ is. PS+ more so if you have all the consoles.

QaaQer

"Someone has a different opinion than I, must be a shill!"

Get the fuck out of here with this BS.

classy.

You might not be, but there are lots of viral marketers in the world. It's cheap and very effective marketing, so nothing wrong with skepticism.

Lucreto

Not worth it for me.

Plus is for me. I now have access to hundreds of games and get good discounts as well. Maybe in 10 years when decent games build up. One of those games EA gave free to every PS4 owner last December.

How did you get it for 30 a year OP? I would get it for that deal, I would consider getting 2 years worth of it for that price.

Purest 78

Strange comment to make considering EA Access is more than just the vault.

Early demo's is what you're referring to? If people are fans of those games they would have bought them by now. EA is gonna make millions on games that stopped selling. If you see a value in it fine. I see it as EA Making profit on dead games.

Krakn3Dfx

I've thought about getting it a couple of times, but the stuff I would want to play on EA Access I've either already bought or don't have any real interest in at this point. If something like Madden 16 came out of the gate as EA Access, that would be huge and would push me over, but core players who buy Madden are likely going to buy it within a few weeks of launch, if not launch day.

It's cool for "tinkerers" in sports games tho, who don't seriously play an NBA/NFL/FIFA, but for $5/month will fire it up, play for half an hour, and then likely never touch it again. But if they are pulled in, then that's someone who will continue to subscribe to play that one game as opposed to paying $40-$60 for it in the store.

FIFA 15 wasn't out when EA Access was up, so what's your point? All these older games are up there when the service was up, and they are not going to remove it unlike PS+ or GwG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom