• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Access: Unravel and Need for Speed (July 12) and PvZ Garden Warfare 2 (August 30)

sam777

EA has announced the next three games that it will be adding to its EA Access vault. Subscribers on Xbox One will get two more titles on July 12. Another will be added on August 30.

Next week, Coldwood’s Unravel and Ghost Games’ Need for Speed will be free with an EA Access membership. On August 30, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 joins the party.

Ridiculous value.

Sad to see GW2 bomb although it's a mess compared to the first one, I skipped it too after playing the beta.
But I do want GW3. :(

Sad to see GW2 bomb although it's a mess compared to the first one, I skipped it too after playing the beta.
But I do want GW3. :(

I'm not. They changed a bunch of shit that didn't need messing with. Map design is horrible compared to the original and their balance fixes are a mess. It just wasn't anywhere near fun enough to play. And they still didn't add online split-screen.

Welp, time to jump back in as both of those games have been on my radar for some time. Glad I waited instead of jumping on some deals for both games.

Memory

Well, I'm officially never buying an EA game again. I'll just wait 6 months and get it in Access.

They said from the start its games as a service, Netflix for games if you will. The more popular the game the longer it will take to get to EA access if ever. Mass Effect for example is unlikely to be free for years.

Its a great service with tons of value for the small price. I wouldn't want everyone to start doing it but it works for EA.

H3xum

Well, I'm officially never buying an EA game again. I'll just wait 6 months and get it in Access.

I know they said that they will release the games depending on their popularity, but I still can't shake this feeling. We live during a time when great games are out almost on a monthly basis, so why not wait

Unravel is great, glad that more people will get chance to experience it.

Doesn't Need for Speed have some hilariously awful FMV? Will give it a go for that alone

CrazE

Banned
The great EA Access get even greater! Wow! PvZ 2 already? Excellent. Really fun from the free trial I played.

Glad I didn't buy Unravel on X1 summer sale... Will definitely pick it up.

Glad I waited for NFS. Access keeps delivering; I wonder how profitable or sustainable is it for EA.

I think you have to couple EA Access along with EA's focus on microtransactions as supplementary income for their annual franchises. For instance, Madden, FIFA, NHL, and NBA Live all launch on EA Access for free generally right around the end of their respective seasons, and so from, say, January 20th to July, EA will make revenue on the people who download Madden for free and then get sucked into Ultimate Team, where they may not spend any money, BUT they may spend a few bucks here or there of pure profit for EA.

I think that long term incentive of the free games ends up giving more revenue with systems like those, where somebody probably wouldn't be willing to even drop $20 on last year's Madden in past years.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Do games ever get rotated out of EA Access, or is the library just growing all the time?

Keeps growing. You also don't need to download the game during a particular time window like PS Plus or Games With Gold. You have access to the entire vault as long as you are subscribed.

Thought the consensus was that PVZ wasn't gonna on Access cause of it's DLC/microtransaction model.

Cool to see it making it on there so soon, though.

newsguy

Time to re up my membership. I was gonna wait till Madden time, but I really enjoyed NFS and never has a chance to finish it.

Top Bottom