• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA and Bioware plant DLC into figurines for Mass Effect 3

Kinyou

I want to punch them in the face but they keep dodging

shep2y2gp.gif

Aeana

So the game is rated M, but they're including DLC in action figures. Seems kinda like an age mismatch to me.

Rubezh

So the game is rated M, but they're including DLC in action figures. Seems kinda like an age mismatch to me.

Something tells me the Bioware moderators would be very interested in finding out who these "age mismatch" users are...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ingenious really. Unless its exclusive DLC I have no complaints as it isn't really hurting anyone, so I don't get the big deal.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Yes, because your ME3 experience hinges on having a specific skin for a gun that you'll use once or twice in the overall story.

There's no way they'd put large pieces of content with the toys. Expect preorder tzotchkes that are pretty, but not game-changing. In other words, calm down.

squidyj

It's fine if it's cosmetic and they actually tell us what it is before ME3 launches
It's fine if it's DLC you can purchase separately.

The way they're handling this makes me think it's not fine at all :l

I dont mind figures which come with some basic dlc like weapon colour, alt armour or something, but if it's full on dlc like a new world or mission which is rather long... i dunno.

Depends how good the models are.

DuckRacer

How dare they pair optional figurines with optional DLC that wouldn't have been made before the existence of this promotion!

LiK

This blows, I already own the first 4 that were released last year. Guess they're repackaging them with DLC....

This blows, I already own the first 4 that were released last year. Guess they're repackaging them with DLC....
I wanted to post this. What happened to the people who bought the first wave last year?

It isn't a big deal for me if it is just a skin. I never use DLC skins...

LiK

I wanted to post this. What happened to the people who bought the first wave last year?

It isn't a big deal for me if it is just a skin. I never use DLC skins...

If they're just skins, not a big deal to me either. This explains why the second set were "canceled". It wasnt for quality like they mentioned but a plan to include this DLC, I bet.

FYI, Normandy replicas included a code as well but I'm not sure what they're for. I registered it with my EA account and nothing of value was redeemed.

Lothars

If they're just skins, not a big deal to me either. This explains why the second set were "canceled". It wasnt for quality like they mentioned but a plan to include this DLC, I bet.

FYI, Normandy replicas included a code as well but I'm not sure what they're for. I registered it with my EA account and nothing of value was redeemed.

I heard that the Normandy replica DLC was a Normandy ship in your cabin or whatever but I don't know how true that is, I suspect this DLC will be skins or maybe the figures unlocked in your game.

I hope they at least tell us what it is, I am not buying the figures anyway but it would be nice to get that info.

sakipon

It does open up some opportunities though. You can buy the packages for DLC and get some karma points by dumping the exciting looking figurines to the kid next door.

By the way, I had some Toxic Avenger figurines when I was a kid. Only later on I found out what the franchise really was like. Just what was up with that? Good luck with ME toys, the brats are bound to be surprised.

LiK

I heard that the Normandy replica DLC was a Normandy ship in your cabin or whatever but I don't know how true that is, I suspect this DLC will be skins or maybe the figures unlocked in your game.

I hope they at least tell us what it is, I am not buying the figures anyway but it would be nice to get that info.

That would be cool. They're just listed as registered products in my EA account right now. I have the second set preordered so guess I'll find out one way or another.

LiK

Many M rated games have action figures (Halo, RE, AC, Bioshock etc) The addition of DLC is just something extra.

Wow. Just wow. Better be some BS weapon skins because no way I'm buying these abysmal plastic figures. And I own a lot of plastic crap.

Edit: Thank God it's for MP which I don't care about at all.

They should make a Team America short with these figures. So bad.

Top Bottom