• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Boogie (Wii)

KINGMOKU

chibcicylist said:
Would Nintendo risk that and steal Wii Music's thunder?
Here's the thing. This could be the game that gets Third-parties attention with massive sales. Nintendo would be smart to allow Mii usage in this one.

Sales of this game could just be insane. Like "I dont want to think what would happen to GAF if it hit the numbers I think it could hit" big.

Mii dependent though.

Saoh

this game uses the nunchuk AND a mic??

i thought the mic was attached to the wiimote. i wanna see videos of this.

MII SUPPORT!

MII SUPPORT!!

Paultje

Mii's are just as useless as Home. Both bullshit and should be replaced by stuff that is worth using. Nintendo shouldn't had bet that high on Mii as they did when they announced it. They should have put that time and effort in a useful and properly working online system.

skinnyrattler said:
Repeat after me: EA is showing developers how to dev for the Wii. Shocking, I know.

I know in a year or two, it'll be sequel, sequel, sequel but they are gaining my respect more and more. But they are actually putting in alot of effort, dev'ing new ip's, and trying to pursue different genres early in the life cycle. Kudos to EA.
Amen. I'm in the same boat as Deacon; before I played Blur, I figured EA was just going to go all "cash-grab" on the Wii and dump a bunch of shitty ports on there. They may still do that of course (lolz), but so far the effort they've invested in tailoring the games to the console has really impressed me.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Why would you want Miis in this game? The art style doesn't even fit.

It may have it, but some of you are demanding it its kind of funny.

Paultje said:
Mii's are just as useless as Home. Both bullshit and should be replaced by stuff that is worth using. Nintendo shouldn't had bet that high on Mii as they did when they announced it. They should have put that time and effort in a useful and properly working online system.
Miis actually help people immerse themselves in the game and partially explains why Wii Sports i such a phenomenal hit.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
nelson: Boogerman is the game you're thinking of.

Anybody else think of the poster when they saw the title for this game :p

jepense said:
This could be really huge with casuals if marketed right. And I like the style.

Oh you know EA will make sure everyone and his pee pee and her ta ta will know this game exist. One of the very few instances where EA's bigness is actually a very good thing.

Whoever designed the main character is obviously a Spongebob Squarepants fan.

Anyway, the fact that EA of all companies is actually doing things right on the Wii is indicative of just how crazy this gen is.

puck1337

John Harker said:

From what's publicly available, it seems that the Mii data doesn't consist of the actual rendered models, but rather consists of references to the stylistic elements that the user chose. I would guess that you could just use a different table of assets and generate a Mii that has the same "spirit" but a different art style.

Varjet

PhoenixDark said:
This is the game that will get us laid
damme.gif

jepense

Blue Geezer said:
um.....

am i the only one getting a nightmare before christmas vibe about the back up "dancers" ?
no
Oh you know EA will make sure everyone and his pee pee and her ta ta will know this game exist. One of the very few instances where EA's bigness is actually a very good thing.
Loud marketing != right marketing. But I believe you are right.

fresquito

John Harker said:

Playing this on multiplayer and seeing the Miis of your friends dancing equals instant fun moments.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
fresquito said:
Playing this on multiplayer and seeing the Miis of your friends dancing equals instant fun moments.

everyone can customize their own characters...so it will be funny anyways....

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pureauthor said:
Whoever designed the main character is obviously a Spongebob Squarepants fan.
Nah. More closely resembles a Courage the Cowardly Dog or ATHF character design.

andthebeatgoeson

OnWarmerMusic said:
Amen. I'm in the same boat as Deacon; before I played Blur, I figured EA was just going to go all "cash-grab" on the Wii and dump a bunch of shitty ports on there. They may still do that of course (lolz), but so far the effort they've invested in tailoring the games to the console has really impressed me.

I may have to pick up SSX Blur. So many positive reviews here. I could use a snowboarding game per generation.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
See Sega, this is the multi million seller kind of game you should have released before EA.
Still hoping for Space Channel & Samba de Amigo sequels

skinnyrattler said:
I may have to pick up SSX Blur. So many positive reviews here. I could use a snowboarding game per generation.
Well, it's the best snowboarding game on the Wii, for sure :lol. I'm fairly new to the series, but yeah, I highly recommend it. Make sure you play it with headphones, or at least a really nice sound system. It serves the music very well.

Grecco said:
I Really doubt this uses Miis. Its going for a Tim Burton type look and the Miis just wont fit with that.
It's far more likely that we'll see a mapping of the Mii data to the in-game assets. Someone HAS to do this eventually, and if Nintendo is smart about it, they'll get the appropriate docs to EA so they can implement it here. Plus, I really want to know what that "Satan" Mii I grabbed off Mii Parade looks like with other assets ;).

{Mike} said:
EA and a original IP?

Color me shocked

It isn't over yet - as of now, they are tied 1:1 to Ubisoft's Red Steel.

All other games being ports or based on existing multiplatform properties.

ivysaur12

Banned
WTF EA.

First you make Madden 07 for the Wii, which is actually sort of fun, and uses WiiConnect24 features before anyone else is doing them.

THEN you go and make SSX Blur, one of the best games on the Wii right now.

When the hell did EA become good?

Chao

So Matt Cassamassassasasaisasiasaisna was talking about this game when he was hyping the crap out of everyone last week or so?

adg1034

So EA finally realized that our very own bad ass cracka deserved his own game. About time.

Still waiting for the images to load...

raphpowerkickright8mk.gif

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ivysaur12 said:
WTF EA.

First you make Madden 07 for the Wii, which is actually sort of fun, and uses WiiConnect24 features before anyone else is doing them.

Yeah, this is creeping me out too.

Before it was EA...LOL! ROFL! LMAO!
Now it's... EA? Cool, what'd they do this time?

Of course this only applies to the Wii.

ivysaur12 said:
WTF EA.

Wait, what?

big_z

DeaconKnowledge said:
Wait, what?

I think it uses the wc24 to get real time weather data...

I'm hoping harmonix is developing something for the wii. I would love to see what they can do with waggle.

Kafel

Banned
Boogie will have gamers dancing, singing and starring in their own music videos

What about that ?

If EA and Nintendo can work hand in hand to put this on the Connect24, it potentially can hurt Singstar.

ivysaur12

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
Wait, what?

It reads the weather channel and the weather in your current location is the weather in the game.

Yeah, that's pretty sick for a launch title, especially on the Wii.

Top Bottom