• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Madden 25, FIFA 14, EA UFC, and NBA Live 14 for Xbox One and PS4

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
They're not making the mode exclusive, just the new version of the mode.
Uh, so Fifa 14 for the other systems will ship with a different version? How different is the question.
KuGsj.gif

Tuck

Gotta say I laughed when the EA guy mentioned how they had entered into an incredible partnership with Microsoft.

Poor Nintendo.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The next gen Madden that launched with the 360 was vastly, vastly inferior to the Xbox/PS2 versions from that year. But, it eventually worked out for MS because the 360 versions were marginally superior to the PS3 versions throughout the generation.

Jarnet87

Well content, Im not sure why they tried to make a big deal of it. Regardless I guess it still is the 'definitive' version if you wish to go there.

They were just trying to emphasize that Xbox One is the home of substandard yearly releases for typical American moron games. Yeah CODBLOPS AND MADDEN !

I'm a FIFA offender, but at least the development team behind FIFA and NCAA football at least try, or try every couple of years to make a great game.

I'm looking forward to ufc the most. I hope it's the best version and most feature rich. I'll be getting it on ps4. They should have done fight night as well but whatever.

Well content, Im not sure why they tried to make a big deal of it. Regardless I guess it still is the 'definitive' version if you wish to go there.

Given that the Ultimate Team mode is essentially a Western version of one of those gatcha games where you pay money for the chance to get a specific character (in this case, footballers to add to your team for multiplayer matches), I'd imagine the XbOne content would simply be special packs that are twice the price and have three times as many cards.

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that it has developed EA SPORTS™ IGNITE, a new game engine that will power EA SPORTS games on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, (and PlayStation®4).

That's how I read it.

tfAL9ES.jpg

The Madden video looked pretty lame. I was expecting a massive jump in graphics :/

What an awful quality screenshot, looks like it's been taken by a 5 year old cell phone. Not at all representative of how the game looked in the trailer. I saw this same capture posted before too... what's up with that?

Given that the Ultimate Team mode is essentially a Western version of one of those gatcha games where you pay money for the chance to get a specific character (in this case, footballers to add to your team for multiplayer matches), I'd imagine the XbOne content would simply be special packs that are twice the price and have three times as many cards.
Yea I know what UT is, saying exclusive content to it doesnt really hold merit over which version someone will buy it for. You get 3 legendary cards...Whooooo! No..

RetroStu

Banned
The next gen Madden that launched with the 360 was vastly, vastly inferior to the Xbox/PS2 versions from that year. But, it eventually worked out for MS because the 360 versions were marginally superior to the PS3 versions throughout the generation.

I remember the first 360 Tiger Woods had either 3 or 4 courses, it was a bit of a joke to be honest although it got a lot better the next year.

AznSniper

I'm sure this time around EA is better equipped in terms of developing the next-gen versions of these games compared to this gen.

Was Ghosts officially confirmed for PS4 via PR?
People need to let this idea go. It was never going to happen. It's not happening.

It was confirmed by IF on twitter after the Xbone conference if that counts.

So CoD, Madden, FIFA, BF4, Destiny, all coming to both consoles.

Jarnet87

I'm sure this time around EA is better equipped in terms of developing the next-gen versions of these games compared to this gen.

Wouldn't count on it. The first iteration of their sports franchises when jumping to new consoles usually end up very poorly. Madden on the PS2, Madden to the 360, Fifa to the 360, and NBA Live lol.

I think that trailer we saw was EA saying 1) we don't know wtf were doing 2) our engine isn't that much greater then we already have.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The first Madden on PS2 available at launch was good and a huge step up from the PS1 version just due to the tech. I don't remember if EA published basketball/hockey games that year on PS2.

No talk about the most important thing in this article?

EA's going to try and bring back NBA Live (again)!

I pray to Jesus Bynum that the devs are actually able to bring out a competent title this time. The basketball video game industry (AKA NBA 2K) is one that desperately needs some competition to shake it up.

Petrae

The first Madden on PS2 available at launch was good and a huge step up from the PS1 version just due to the tech. I don't remember if EA published basketball/hockey games that year on PS2.

NHL 2001 for PS2 wasn't bad. Generally ran at 60 frames, though there was some slowdown center-ice. More cinematic. It was decent overall.

Bgamer90

Banned
Question:

Could Microsoft's deal with both EA Sports and the NFL lead into some pretty big exclusive features in the Xbox One version of Madden games?

Question:

Could Microsoft's deal with both EA Sports and the NFL lead into some pretty big exclusive features in the Xbox One version of Madden games?

Who Cares until Madden can prove it can animate competently and not have a bunch of NPC on a football field acting like Michael Oher on his first practice on Blind Side. I really don't care what exclusive deal they may have. It needs to be on the level of MLB the Show or NBA 2k before I even consider Madden.

Bgamer90

Banned
Who Cares until Madden can prove it can animate competently and not have a bunch of NPC on a football field acting like Michael Oher on his first practice on Blind Side. I really don't care what exclusive deal they may have. It needs to be on the level of MLB the Show or NBA 2k before I even consider Madden.

Doesn't matter how you feel about the series; the series is still very popular.

Major exclusive Xbox One features in Madden due to MS' deal with both EA Sports and the NFL could sway some gamers into getting the Xbox One over the PS4.

Maybe they just paid for equal graphics on both platforms.

Doubt it. EA would get a lot of shit if they purposefully hobble the PS4 version of multiplats when it transpires that other PS4 multiplats are better from other publishers.

EA's partnership amounts to a bit of DLC for UT and possibly a bit of timed exclusive DLC for BF4 that could be revealed at E3.

No talk about the most important thing in this article?

EA's going to try and bring back NBA Live (again)!

I pray to Jesus Bynum that the devs are actually able to bring out a competent title this time. The basketball video game industry (AKA NBA 2K) is one that desperately needs some competition to shake it up.
Agreed. Since 2k11, they've just been spinning there wheels at this point. Hopefully Live turns out great.

Afrikan

Not really.....the very first Madden game (Madden 07) was better on the PS3 than the 360...it had "gangtackles" (2 man..lol...but still better than the one man tackle show on 360)..it had better AF and more details and effects.

also another launch game for the PS3 that was better than the 360 version was NBA 2K7. On PS3 it was legit 1080p.

either way something happened after that year.

Madden 08 on the 360 was 60fps, but to achieve this they sacrificed alot... 3D grass, HDR Lighting, HD playermodels, etc. Madden 08 on the PS3 was still 30fps, but EA STILL reduced the same effects for some weird reason...totally fucked up.

Doesn't matter how you feel about the series; the series is still very popular.

Major exclusive Xbox One features in Madden due to MS' deal with both EA Sports and the NFL could sway some gamers into getting the Xbox One over the PS4.

The xbox deal is for smart glass, fantasy stats and some other Microsoft products, has nothing to do with gaming.

EA Sports presenter FIFA ultimate team is exclusive to the Xbox One with a smile on stage, gets off stage, well Microsoft and EA are strategic partners so yes they will get some exclusive stuff in ultimate team, what about the PS4 yes Ultimate team is in FIFA as well.

In other words don't count on it.

Top Bottom