• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces retail game lineup for April 2014 - March 2015

RulkezX

Sparse but FIFA , Sims and BF will sell a ton and I expect DA will benefit from the console RPG drought.

I'll be buying those 4 at least.

Tucah

you speak so well
I hope DA:I is good.

Otherwise I won't be buying anything from EA this year. Maybe NBA Live if it's better than 2K
lol yeah right

Herne

Why would they announce that now when E3 is next month and they're bound to have a few unannounced titles?

No surprises there.

3fLzFt2.gif

I don't believe so, but Need For Speed: Rivals didn't sell nearly as well as Need For Speed used to and it's been declining for a bit now, so I suspect they're going every other year instead and focusing on making each a more notable title.
Hopefully that's the case, as Rivals felt very half-baked.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wow... Seems really low. When was the last time that EA had shipped a number of titles this low? And they're in the top three among third party console publishers in the world, right?

I'm guessing that these are not all of the games EA will be releasing.

Mortemis

Banned
TBA obviously stands for BF4: Fixed Edition
/s

What a lackluster year, but I guess every year is like this. Looks like the next EA game I'll touch is Battlefront if they don't fuck that up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow... Seems really low. When was the last time that EA had shipped a number of titles this low? And they're in the top three among third party console publishers in the world, right?

They're the #1 publisher on consoles (including first parties) in the world actually.

They're a bit lower when you're counting total revenue among third parties, though I haven't looked at Activision's results yet to double check that they're still #2.

And yeah, this is the lowest in a very, very long time if not ever (as far as retail games go, they still release a ton of digital titles).

Are these just EA developed, or is it all published games?

I'm personally not too worried about it. There's quite a few games coming out this year, and I don't see the need for EA to be releasing much more to add on to it. Hopefully it's a sign that they shifted their development to the new systems and actually allowing some of their team's to have quality time to develop and polish their games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Are these just EA developed, or is it all published games?

I'm personally not too worried about it. There's quite a few games coming out this year, and I don't see the need for EA to be releasing much more to add on to it. Hopefully it's a sign that they shifted their development to the new systems and actually allowing some of their team's to have quality time to develop and polish their games.
All published EA retail games.

Most publishers have notably lowered the number of retail games they're releasing in favor of digital and making less titles, but each one bigger.

Capella

yeah I panicked for a bit there. so its august - september?

that's pretty cool
We'll probably find out the date and more info about the Sims 4 at EA's press conference this year.

But yeah....other than Sims 4 and DA:I, nothing else interests me on this list. The number of titles on that list seems low.

AHA-Lambda

They're the #1 publisher on consoles (including first parties) in the world actually.

They're a bit lower when you're counting total revenue among third parties, though I haven't looked at Activision's results yet to double check that they're still #2.

And yeah, this is the lowest in a very, very long time if not ever (as far as retail games go, they still release a ton of digital titles).

Woah, when did that happen? I thought Activision was still number 1?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Woah, when did that happen? I thought Activision was still number 1?

Activision is the #1 third party due to Skylanders, CoD, and World of Warcraft, one of which isn't on consoles.

Diablo 3 is also a significant contributor, but sells mostly on PC.

EA's actual console sales are higher due to their sports titles combined with Battlefield and Need For Speed.

With Destiny Activision might cement victory on consoles though.

McNum

Sims 4 this summer? Well, dang. I would have bet on October. Guess they want to get the first expansion pack out for the holidays.

TriGen

Yeah, that's not a ton. I suppose I might bite on DAI, if not, I don't really see anything I want this year (got Rivals last year).

Sims 4 this summer? Well, dang. I would have bet on October. Guess they want to get the first expansion pack out for the holidays.

Well Q2 can go all the way until the end of September so it will still be close to then but you bet your ass that the first expansion will be out by November/December.

If Battlefield is going to compete with CoD this fall they need to pull out all the stops. Decent single player campaign, and maybe bots or some kind of co-op mode in addition to MP.

Saty

'Wait for a start of a new gen for new IPs'

Also, seems EA doesn't care enough about Garden Warfare PC to list it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Cop-themed Battlefield
New NFS
Mass Effect 4
at least two Star Wars games
Mirror's Edge

One of those games will come out this year [BF or NFS].

TeddyBoy

So, I just checked. Seems EA didn't release a golf game this year for the first time since 1997, I'm guessing they decided to skip this years release to build a better engine for a relaunch on PS4/Xbox One next march?

It makes sense, these golf games seem to have stagnated for a while now and with the next iteration in the franchise not having Tiger Woods on the box, it would make sense for a mini-relaunch of the series.

Top Bottom