• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Announces The Sims 4 is Coming to XB1/PS4 on November 17th

jelmerjt

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUAHbqsxfUo

Press release:

EA Announces The Sims 4 is Coming to Consoles on November 17th

Packed with a Plethora of the Same Great Gameplay Content from the Best-Selling Life Simulation PC Game

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) and Maxis today announced The Sims™ 4, the previously PC/Mac-only game that celebrates creativity, inclusivity and freedom of choice, will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 players worldwide on November 17th. From creating unique Sims and building amazing homes to developing Sim's relationships and pursuing careers, The Sims 4 delivers the same emotional connection our PC players cherish to a new wave of console players. Fans will enjoy being empowered to create and control people in a vibrant virtual world as they experience life's unpredictable, entertaining moments along the way.

”The addition of a console-version of The Sims 4 has been long-awaited by fans and newcomers alike, and we at Maxis are beyond excited to bring The Sims to new platforms," said Executive Producer, Lyndsay Pearson. ”The game delivers a beautiful The Sims experience on console and comes packed with tons of the fan-favorite content, so players can look forward to the unique gameplay, self-expression, and fun that have come to be tentpoles of The Sims brand. The possibilities to play with life are as endless as the players' creativity."

As with The Sims 4 on PC, console players can experience and test life's limits in a world where there are no rules. Fans will have the power to create unique Sims, customizing everything from their hair color and style to their fashion choices and life aspirations. With the room-based Build Mode, players can design and pick décor, effortlessly building their dream home. In the mood to explore? Sims can check out the various neighborhoods and dynamic venues the world offers.

The Sims 4 on console gives players the unique gameplay the PC base game has to offer, plus many of the additional content updates added to The Sims 4 post-launch. After the console game launches, fans can also look forward to periodic game updates and extra content releases.

From Maxis and the talented team at Blind Squirrel Games, The Sims 4 will be available worldwide on November 17, 2017 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Pre-order The Sims 4 on console* now and receive The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff pack, featuring hot tubs and tons of bonus décor for your outdoor oasis. Players who can't wait to get The Sims party started can pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition today and receive the full game three days early on November 14th. The Deluxe Party Edition includes special content like a Flaming Tiki Bar, outrageous costumes, silly animal hats and more, plus The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff featuring hot tubs. For more details and to pre-order The Sims 4, visit www.TheSims.com/Console. EA Access members will also get to play The Sims 4 up to five days before its worldwide launch, starting on November 9th, via the Play First Trial**.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170726005194/en/

BroBot

I'm ready. PS4 here I come.

tenor.gif

Would love a Switch version

VertPin

inb4switchportbegging

good news for console players! never played the sims before as its not my type of game but awesome for the fans!

Effect

*PS4 and XB1

This. Why not simply put this in the thread title instead of "consoles". Saying "consoles" means all consoles when that's not at all or even remotely true. Getting some hopes up when it wasn't warranted. Not me because I expect nothing from EA but for others its annoying.

This. Why not simply put this in the thread title instead of "consoles". Saying "consoles" means all consoles when that's not at all or even remotely true. Getting some hopes up when it wasn't warranted. Not me because I expect nothing from EA but for others its annoying.

I assume he/she just copied the title from the press release.

Ridley327

Better late than never? Seems like a weird title to bring out now for any console, especially since EA has been hellbent on making the series run on toasters.

Zareka

dat preorder bonus tho...A hot tub.

Never change, EA
Considering they're otherwise locked to DLC, it's not that bad a deal. :p

Saying that, I wonder how they'll handle DLC and expansions? Having them all available from the get go would look very off putting.

aeolustl

No surprise. They have released console versions for every mainline one.
It definitely took longer than usual though. Probably because the game was underperformed...?

I enjoyed the game on PC despite the fact that they introduce Game Packs (on top of the usual EP and SP) this time.

In case anyone saying Switch can't run it. The Sims 4 has a ridiculously low requirement for a 2014 PC game:
cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)
ram: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1300 or Intel GMA X4500

Day one purchase for me. I own the pc version, but can't play it for more than an hour, due to it causing my Surface to overheat. Glad it's going to be a fully fledged version as well.

deo

Banned
Considering they're otherwise locked to DLC, it's not that bad a deal. :p

Saying that, I wonder how they'll handle DLC and expansions? Having them all available from the get go would look very off putting.

No chance of that happening! lol

And the sims isnt a very technically demanding game. A portable version on switch would sell like crazy I assume

EDIT: Im not port begging..Just saying I think it would be a perfect game for Switch. maybe at a later date

Yes! I'm in! So glad to finally play this game! Looks like it's gonna be the full Sims 4 experience instead of a trimmed down one like before with previous Sims on console games.

Keinning

i wonder how much dlc is included. 50$ seems pretty steep for a 4 year old game if you're just getting the base version.

i want to believe the expansions are part of it, but they were very vague about it

The Sims 4 on console gives players the unique gameplay the PC base game has to offer, plus many of the additional content updates added to The Sims 4 post-launch.

saying many instead of all or saying the expansion packs were added worry me

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haha cool to have the game on consoles..i know a lot of people that will be happy about that.

But damn EA... There aren't many of your IPs that could be a more obvious fit for... Ah nvm.

I'm kinda surprised that they are dropping this in November though.. They are probably expecting a lot of console sales and bundles, so it should perform very well... Still a bit weird to have a game like this during the killer season for consoles.

I always wondering how these games do on console. Like Cities Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity OS, ... Do they sell well?

It's always nice to see these games going to a new userbase.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Let's nip this in the bud before it gets out of control:

EA and Nintendo generally do not play nice. A Switch version isn't happening.

But not Switch

Unbefuckinglievable

You can count EA's support of Nintendo platforms over the last five years on one hand with fingers to spare.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I always wondering how these games do on console. Like Cities Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity OS, ... Do they sell well?

It's always nice to see these games going to a new userbase.

Wait....but Sims is nothing like the games you mentioned ? Or do you mean games that get ported from PC to console in general ? I mean they keep announcing them so the console versions are probably selling well enough.

Top Bottom