• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Battlefront 2 New announced content blew my mind (class, tank, planets, skins...)

royox

DICE just released the newest Comunity Transmission about Battlefrtont 2.

pkes645j3j2e.png

The Clone Wars doesn’t end here. Starting this month, on June 26th to be precise, we have more Clone Wars content coming to Star Wars Battlefront II as part of the Where are those Droidekas? Update.

deq1bopo2gh0.jpg

CAPITAL SUPREMACY MAP - NABOO

The conflict has spread to the streets of Theed, as this month we’re bringing Capital Supremacy to Naboo. The capital city of Theed is one of the most iconic locations within the Clone Wars and we’re excited to be bringing Capital Supremacy to this fan-favourite map.

When you deploy onto Naboo, you will notice that it’s set at dusk. The embered sky adds a greater layer of atmosphere to the city. Alongside the dusk setting you’ll notice that the city streets are showing signs of previously fought battle and skirmishes; romantic ambience meets war-torn streets.

The entirety of the battle takes place within the city streets itself, making Naboo a great location for those wanting to experience urban conflict from within the Star Wars universe.

bcdjfkhvwztb.jpg

DROIDEKA

If there is one reinforcement that we know is high on our community’s wish list, it’s the Droideka. Of course, we have a bit of history with these and while we won’t focus on the past, let’s just say that your passion and enthusiasm for these Rollies was not missed.

One of the most feared droids finally joins the Separatist army, wielding twin blasters and personal deflector shield generators, making them a formidable foe for anyone that faces off against them in combat. Destructive weaponry and a powerful shield aren’t their only characteristics, as their ability to transform and swiftly relocate has become synonymous with them.

hz8kl0wajeic.gif

Primary Weapon: Twin Blaster Cannons

Short-range heavy weapons that deal significant damage to those unfortunate enough to find themselves caught in their crossfire. The Droideka can maintain full control of the blasters regardless of whether they’re stationary or they are advancing upon their target. Don’t let them get near!

Ability One: Wheel Form

The Droideka folds its cannons and legs into its chassis and becomes able to traverse the battlefront at breakneck speeds. The Wheel Form can be activated both with the ability button and by pressing the sprint button, which also further increases its movement speed while in Wheel Form. Additionally, the Droideka can exit ball mode either by pressing the ability button, activating the Energy Shield button, or by holding down fire.

Ability Two: Overload

Sharing ability with its fellow Enforcers, the droideka can overload its primary blasters. The cannons are instantly cooled and for a period of time the droideka can fire its blaster cannons with increased rate of fire.

Ability Three: Energy Shield

The shield acts as a secondary health pool for the droideka, that is the first combatant that can shoot out from it. The shield goes into cooldown if it’s destroyed, or it’s manually toggled off.

Deploying the Energy Shield while in Wheel Form will automatically trigger the transformation into Destroyer mode before the shield activates, and vice versa the shield automatically toggles off when going into Wheel Form.

TX-130

Not to be outshined by the Separatists, the Galactic Republic will also be receiving a new Reinforcement in the form the TX-130 Saber-class fighting tank.

xdk145m4xicl.gif

The TX-130 will provide the Galactic Republic with an armored fighting vehicle that is both quick and defensive. The speed allows the TX-130 to enter into battle, deal damage, and then make its escape; a great balance between agility and power.

Primary Weapon: Laser Cannons

A pair of heavy laser cannons sit upon the TX-130 and act as its primary weapon system. Despite having a fixed firing line, the versatile nature of the tank means that it can quickly maneuver to ensure enemies are within its line of sight.

Ability One: Laser Barrage

The Laser Barrage ability on the TX-130 fires a short laser cannon barrage of continuous blaster fire. During this time the TX-130 will fire automatically for a short period of time.

This ability is the perfect counter for when you encounter multiple small and fast moving targets, such as enemy droids or speeders.

Once the automatic firing sequence is complete, Laser Barrage will go into a recharge state until it’s ready to be fired again.

Ability Two: Rockets

Rockets fire in an alternate fashion from pods on each side of the TX-130. The rockets are “dumb fired,” meaning they do not lock-on to enemies ad fire in the direction you aim them, like the AAT’s. When firing rockets you have the ability to fire them one at a time, or you can charge them up. When charged (by holding the fire button) the TX-130 will unleash all of the rockets in quick momentum.

Ability Three: Charge Mode

Activating this ability will toggle the primary fire into Charge Mode. While in Charge mode the TX-130 will gain the ability to charge up a massive charged bolt that fires simultaneously from both the left and right turrets, at the expense of some maneuverability. Charge Mode is the perfect ability to use when facing a slow moving target.

Charge Mode has a duration of 20 seconds but can be canceled sooner if desired.

36nhj9g2e5qj.jpg

Clone Wars General Skywalker
r2e32e97mlg3.gif

The 212th Recon Division

qbzwijgitwx6.png

The 41st Scout Battalion

o6esxh2b7lj8.png

jy1pwoucbgsd.jpg

We’ve talked a bit about Capital Supremacy over the last few months. The feedback we’ve received has been hugely valuable, as has all the discussion around game modes in general. As we move through the summer we play to add new ways to play epic battles, for players who want something besides traditional PvP. We’ll have more to share on this later in the year.

Outside of game modes, one of the most requested content additions comes in the form of planets. Coming later this year will be a brand new planet to Star Wars Battlefront II.

The colorful jungle world of Felucia will be arriving later in 2019 and is being built for Capital Supremacy. We can’t wait to take one of the most iconic planets of the Clone Wars era and bring it into the game.

Before we get to all of that, in July we’ll feature a month of weekly Community Quests themed around your favorite Clone Wars heroes & villains that will unlock new animated poses and VO lines for these characters.

8zkle3v3bday.jpg

You know what? I get all the hate EA and DICE had when this game was released. P2W lootboxes were shit....but you know what? They never stopped releasing free content for this game despite they could have abandoned it to die and focus on a 3rd one. They changed the whole leveling system to be experience based instead of random loot, they added new game modes, planets, heroes, starships, and constantly try to balance and fix stuff based on direct player feedback. They changed a whole game mode because the players didn't like it the way it was (Heroes vs Villains), they changed a lot of Star Cards (skills) and Heroes based on direct player Feedback, they added lots of QOL stuff....all that for Free, withouth paying one single DLC (remember EA.BF1 had a 50$ Season Pass witch had like 70% of the content of the game). I think it's time the gaming comutity forgives DICE and stop calling shit on this game.

The game is piss cheap to get now on every platform. If any of you ever wanted to play it and never did because the "Muh bad EA meme", as a star wars fan I have to tell you: You have to give it a try. It's fun, it's fast, it gives you the Star Wars feel the 1st second you are put in a battle and still I have to see a Shooter with better graphics and performance on his gen's console.

pd: Sorry I don't have anything to do with DICE or EA; just a Star Wars fan that had his mind blown and my hype went from 0 to 100 in 2 minutes xD

There are still people on this game?

Yeah, it's good for the occasional mindless shooter fun in a Star Wars theme

I think people expected this kind of stuff at launch.

We did, but then again this is EA and DICE we're dealing with so better late than never etc

Surprised they actually brought in the Droidekas + a new planet, definitely thought it would be too much work for the tiny amount of devs EA allows to work on their GaaS titles.

DICE just released the newest Comunity Transmission about Battlefrtont 2.

pkes645j3j2e.png

The Clone Wars doesn’t end here. Starting this month, on June 26th to be precise, we have more Clone Wars content coming to Star Wars Battlefront II as part of the Where are those Droidekas? Update.

deq1bopo2gh0.jpg

CAPITAL SUPREMACY MAP - NABOO

The conflict has spread to the streets of Theed, as this month we’re bringing Capital Supremacy to Naboo. The capital city of Theed is one of the most iconic locations within the Clone Wars and we’re excited to be bringing Capital Supremacy to this fan-favourite map.

When you deploy onto Naboo, you will notice that it’s set at dusk. The embered sky adds a greater layer of atmosphere to the city. Alongside the dusk setting you’ll notice that the city streets are showing signs of previously fought battle and skirmishes; romantic ambience meets war-torn streets.

The entirety of the battle takes place within the city streets itself, making Naboo a great location for those wanting to experience urban conflict from within the Star Wars universe.

bcdjfkhvwztb.jpg

DROIDEKA

If there is one reinforcement that we know is high on our community’s wish list, it’s the Droideka. Of course, we have a bit of history with these and while we won’t focus on the past, let’s just say that your passion and enthusiasm for these Rollies was not missed.

One of the most feared droids finally joins the Separatist army, wielding twin blasters and personal deflector shield generators, making them a formidable foe for anyone that faces off against them in combat. Destructive weaponry and a powerful shield aren’t their only characteristics, as their ability to transform and swiftly relocate has become synonymous with them.

hz8kl0wajeic.gif

Primary Weapon: Twin Blaster Cannons

Short-range heavy weapons that deal significant damage to those unfortunate enough to find themselves caught in their crossfire. The Droideka can maintain full control of the blasters regardless of whether they’re stationary or they are advancing upon their target. Don’t let them get near!

Ability One: Wheel Form

The Droideka folds its cannons and legs into its chassis and becomes able to traverse the battlefront at breakneck speeds. The Wheel Form can be activated both with the ability button and by pressing the sprint button, which also further increases its movement speed while in Wheel Form. Additionally, the Droideka can exit ball mode either by pressing the ability button, activating the Energy Shield button, or by holding down fire.

Ability Two: Overload

Sharing ability with its fellow Enforcers, the droideka can overload its primary blasters. The cannons are instantly cooled and for a period of time the droideka can fire its blaster cannons with increased rate of fire.

Ability Three: Energy Shield

The shield acts as a secondary health pool for the droideka, that is the first combatant that can shoot out from it. The shield goes into cooldown if it’s destroyed, or it’s manually toggled off.

Deploying the Energy Shield while in Wheel Form will automatically trigger the transformation into Destroyer mode before the shield activates, and vice versa the shield automatically toggles off when going into Wheel Form.

TX-130

Not to be outshined by the Separatists, the Galactic Republic will also be receiving a new Reinforcement in the form the TX-130 Saber-class fighting tank.

xdk145m4xicl.gif

The TX-130 will provide the Galactic Republic with an armored fighting vehicle that is both quick and defensive. The speed allows the TX-130 to enter into battle, deal damage, and then make its escape; a great balance between agility and power.

Primary Weapon: Laser Cannons

A pair of heavy laser cannons sit upon the TX-130 and act as its primary weapon system. Despite having a fixed firing line, the versatile nature of the tank means that it can quickly maneuver to ensure enemies are within its line of sight.

Ability One: Laser Barrage

The Laser Barrage ability on the TX-130 fires a short laser cannon barrage of continuous blaster fire. During this time the TX-130 will fire automatically for a short period of time.

This ability is the perfect counter for when you encounter multiple small and fast moving targets, such as enemy droids or speeders.

Once the automatic firing sequence is complete, Laser Barrage will go into a recharge state until it’s ready to be fired again.

Ability Two: Rockets

Rockets fire in an alternate fashion from pods on each side of the TX-130. The rockets are “dumb fired,” meaning they do not lock-on to enemies ad fire in the direction you aim them, like the AAT’s. When firing rockets you have the ability to fire them one at a time, or you can charge them up. When charged (by holding the fire button) the TX-130 will unleash all of the rockets in quick momentum.

Ability Three: Charge Mode

Activating this ability will toggle the primary fire into Charge Mode. While in Charge mode the TX-130 will gain the ability to charge up a massive charged bolt that fires simultaneously from both the left and right turrets, at the expense of some maneuverability. Charge Mode is the perfect ability to use when facing a slow moving target.

Charge Mode has a duration of 20 seconds but can be canceled sooner if desired.

36nhj9g2e5qj.jpg

Clone Wars General Skywalker
r2e32e97mlg3.gif

The 212th Recon Division

qbzwijgitwx6.png

The 41st Scout Battalion

o6esxh2b7lj8.png

jy1pwoucbgsd.jpg

We’ve talked a bit about Capital Supremacy over the last few months. The feedback we’ve received has been hugely valuable, as has all the discussion around game modes in general. As we move through the summer we play to add new ways to play epic battles, for players who want something besides traditional PvP. We’ll have more to share on this later in the year.

Outside of game modes, one of the most requested content additions comes in the form of planets. Coming later this year will be a brand new planet to Star Wars Battlefront II.

The colorful jungle world of Felucia will be arriving later in 2019 and is being built for Capital Supremacy. We can’t wait to take one of the most iconic planets of the Clone Wars era and bring it into the game.

Before we get to all of that, in July we’ll feature a month of weekly Community Quests themed around your favorite Clone Wars heroes & villains that will unlock new animated poses and VO lines for these characters.

8zkle3v3bday.jpg

You know what? I get all the hate EA and DICE had when this game was released. P2W lootboxes were shit....but you know what? They never stopped releasing free content for this game despite they could have abandoned it to die and focus on a 3rd one. They changed the whole leveling system to be experience based instead of random loot, they added new game modes, planets, heroes, starships, and constantly try to balance and fix stuff based on direct player feedback. They changed a whole game mode because the players didn't like it the way it was (Heroes vs Villains), they changed a lot of Star Cards (skills) and Heroes based on direct player Feedback, they added lots of QOL stuff....all that for Free, withouth paying one single DLC (remember EA.BF1 had a 50$ Season Pass witch had like 70% of the content of the game). I think it's time the gaming comutity forgives DICE and stop calling shit on this game.

The game is piss cheap to get now on every platform. If any of you ever wanted to play it and never did because the "Muh bad EA meme", as a star wars fan I have to tell you: You have to give it a try. It's fun, it's fast, it gives you the Star Wars feel the 1st second you are put in a battle and still I have to see a Shooter with better graphics and performance on his gen's console.

pd: Sorry I don't have anything to do with DICE or EA; just a Star Wars fan that had his mind blown and my hype went from 0 to 100 in 2 minutes xD
Thank you for that excellent write up.

There are still people on this game?
Yeah. It’s improved significantly since launch.

I've been playing the game regularly since launch - bought the deluxe edition, preordered. Yes it's come a long way, and as a huge Star Wars fan that's "nice" of them considering we have basically nothing else to play since EA has the whole license.

The fact that it's taken like a year and a half and a massive community backlash for a company with EA/DICE resources to bring this up to a quality product post launch is disgusting. I sincerely hope they learned from this and anthem but we all know that's not gonna happen. I haven't spent anything on mtx and I still don't plan on it no matter how much "free" content they try and earn goodwill back with.

dan76

This game is ridiculous. It's always just over the horizon, it going to be great, next month, no, the month after.
Add as many planets or skins as you like, the map design and core gameplay is piss poor. More isn't always better!

Last edited:

royox

Capital Supremacy.............. wait a second, did they just really bring back Titan mode from BF2142?

I don't know how the Titan mode was. In capital supremacy you have to capture command posts, when your team has more posts than the other you get points. First team to reach 40 points strike the enemy Capital Ship and try to blow it up placing bombs at 2 locations. Then back again to the ground.

This mode is in the game since February.

mcz117chief

I don't know how the Titan mode was. In capital supremacy you have to capture command posts, when your team has more posts than the other you get points. First team to reach 40 points strike the enemy Capital Ship and try to blow it up placing bombs at 2 locations. Then back again to the ground.

This mode is in the game since February.
A little similar to Titan mode, yes. I wanted to try out BF2 on PS4 recently but the fucking thing has over 100gb.

royox

Will be very interesting playing CS and GC without heroes this weekend. I think it will be a good event and a lot of people will discovered that reinforcements can be very fun and usefull. The counterpart is that droidekas won't have any hard counter without lightsabers xD

Rexenexus

Neo Member
Is the gameplay still overly weighty with a stiff combat roll?
Are the maps still overly linear and incredibly defender sided?
Are the vehicles and ships still tied to point system shit instead of just whoever jumps in first?
Is there finally a mode that allows you to jump in a ship on the ground and attack a capital ship in space like the dead BF3?
Are the Battlefield-style class weapon loadouts still overpowered?
Are heroes still unkillable gods?
Is there finally a server browser?
Is there finally a way to choose to play Clone Wars only?
Can you finally make your clone trooper have 501st colors?
Is the game still dead?
As a Star Wars fan, I bought the game like a year ago when it was $5, played it for a couple hours, and dropped it. I hope these problems are fixed and they can get me back.

Tygeezy

EA/dice has a lot trump derangement syndrome going on with gamers. Releasing tons of free content is handwaved so people can get some more digs in EA. Then if you say anything positive about what they are doing you are a shill....

I think this game is a success story for the consumer. The game in its original state was bullshit. They listened to all the negative criticism and corrected all these issues, but people wont give them credit because it's EA. Sort of like when Trump does something most people would objectively be happy about if they didn't harbor a bias, but then move the goal posts to say...Well what about this!! This type of response from developers should be encouraged. We got what we wanted when we complained loud enough.

Last edited:
Bought it a couple days ago and AUS servers are pretty much non-existent. The games that I could join weren't particularly fun. 2 teams basically stand at either ends of a corridor and fire lasers until the match ends.

royox

Bought it a couple days ago and AUS servers are pretty much non-existent. The games that I could join weren't particularly fun. 2 teams basically stand at either ends of a corridor and fire lasers until the match ends.

Maps are big as hell I n Galactic Assault and Capital supremacy. Maybe you joined during the capital ship assault phase where one team has to break in the other team's ship and destroy the core. Of course it's like what you described, the first scene of Star Wars was literally a corridor inside a space ship. It feels very "clone warsy" when you are ObiWan and place yourself in front of your team deflecting blasters with the lightsaber helping your team to advance.

mcz117chief

Yo, I finally decided to jump back and I am seriously impressed. Either something happened with me or the game is vastly more fun then it used to be. The best thing though is the addition of clone commandos which are an exact replica from the FPS. You got your blaster with magazines that can change into a grenade launcher and the epic wristblade too. I am having way more fun now than at launch. Good thing that Capital Supremacy is all Clone Wars era so I get to play as commandos a ton. Some of those matches can be incredibly long though, one of them was I think over 1 hour of back and forth.

Aight. Since I have it, I'll dl it tonight. Worried though as last time played I could barely get a server with people in it. Or wait times were outrageous.

Blew my money on the first battlefront lesson learned. I don't know why they even made a battlefront 2 that seems like it should have been a free update, now they have a few good characters in two games when it should have just had all of them in one.

Last edited:

dan76

I think the new co-op game mode is really fun, best thing in the game, but once again with DICE you are left waiting for it to be finished. It needs to be in all eras, as does instant action. Given how slow updates are for this I'm thinking another year before this game is the real thing.

They're just about to release the Luke farmboy skin two years after launch. Han Solo's iconic skin still isn't in the game. It's Star Wars ffs.

Starfield

Nah I don't forgive DICE. With Battlefield 1 they had the upper hand over cod or any other shooter and decided to throw it all down the gutter with Battlefield V and it's wokeness (in a damn WW2 game ffs). They can burn for turning my once favorite fps shooter to shit.

flacopol

The damage is done is like destiny 2 , "now we are different we are no more with bliz" , yea.... but you have been then and you know that is not cool.

Stop to using a game / developer team as a human which could have mistakes and try to change , that´s a lie , they try to get money with MTX based on the backlash they change , if there is heavy... post in reddit from the main developer.

There is not a company that make "mistakes" , they try things and don´t get the desire result , they have several departments which analyse the risk of each move

They are people still playing fallout 76 , they use the nostalgia / fanbase to create a Stockholm syndrome in the buyer

IMHO

Ozrimandias

I got the game post launch backlash......and its a fun game, in fact, its a very good Star Wars game (in its current state).

Anyone knows if the Battlefront maps and DLC from the first one are playable on Battlefront 2? im thinking about Bespin and Death Star dlc

Top Bottom