• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA confirms Mass Effect Andromeda will be out in Q1 2017

Quentyn

I am listening to a recording of the EA presentation at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference and EA's CFO just said it is Q4 game for them which means calendar Q1 2017.
Everyone was suspecting that for awhile, but I think this is the first time they straight up confirmed it.

I can't find a transcript, but it starts at around 18:30 in the recording.

https://cc.talkpoint.com/morg007/022916a_ae/?entity=59_KJEO0TE

Edit:

Here is the full quote. Thanks to salromano!

"We've got a great year ahead... we've got our Battlefield first-person shooter game coming in the third quarter, and our third-party title that Respawn, our partner, built, it's called TItanfall, it's the second title that they brought into that brand. Both of those are first-person shooters and will be targeted around the fast, action-driven shooter market, as well as the strategy-driven market in that quarter... We have our Mirror's Edge runner game this first quarter, and then we have Mass Effect, which is a sci-fi action game, in our fourth quarter. So big year ahead and we're pretty excited."

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The info drops for this game are so weird, they basically outright confirm the game in a random polling thing, and now theyre saying its going to be out around this time next year and i dont think we have even seen a piece of concept art yet.

BJspfB8.gif

Some Nobody

The lack of anything shown over the past several months made this fairly obvious, IMO. Final Fantasy XV was more of a sure bet than this ever was.

On the bright side, that's one less game for me to buy this year I guess. >_<

Prompto

Banned
The info drops for this game are so weird, they basically outright confirm the game in a random polling thing, and now theyre saying its going to be out around this time next year and i dont think we have even seen a piece of concept art yet.
There was a trailer last year at E3

Banned
Fuck. You. Five Years to make this game. It better be 80+ hours long.

Yes I'm salty lol.

Femto.

When did this game get announced. 2013? 2014?

3-4 years release after the announcement is ridiculous lol Good for the game since it gets more polish but publishers should take the Bethesda route with Fallout 4. The game still sold well so there is no reason to announce so early on other than to piss people off when it inevitably delayed.

A bit salty about this but I NEED a new ME game to wash the nasty taste of ME3's ending.

UberLevi

Well damn. I was denying this right up til' the end, but I guess I've gotta face the music. Sad to hear it's going to be delayed by another couple of months at least, but once some legitimate info starts rolling out hopefully I can settle for that.

Quentyn

So titanfall 2 Q3 of 2016 right :)

Don't want two sci fi games to close together ;)

They also briefly talk about Titanfall 2 at around the same time, and I am not sure, but it almost sounds like it is Q3 game for them which would mean this year. If anyone wants to listen the recording and confirm that I would appreciate it.

When did this game get announced. 2013? 2014?

3-4 years release after the announcement is ridiculous lol Good for the game since it gets more polish but publishers should take the Bethesda route with Fallout 4.

Andromeda just get announced last year.
There wasn't any announcement before that. People called it Mass Effect 4, even, because there wasn't any official name yet before E3 2015.

Skux

Release dates announced and still barely anything about this game lol

I'm starting to think they only started development when they actually announced it.

IvanJ

Banned
EA, take your time and make it excellent. Q1/17 is not that far away, there are more great games to tide me over until then.

Femto.

Andromeda just get announced last year.
There wasn't any announcement before that. People called it Mass Effect 4, even, because there wasn't any official name yet before E3 2015.

Oh I know it wasn't given an official announcement since last E3 but we knew about it wayyy before then. E3 2014 they showed off concept art and tech demos lol

slapnuts

Gosh, i hope the game turns out epic. I imagine the visuals will be stunning for a new Mass Effect on current consoles. I am excited for it!

Awwww, phooey. I have a bit of a Bioware itch, and the only cure is a new Bioware game. Ah, well, it's something to look forward to next year, and more money to save this year. Hopefully we'll see something good at E3!

DKHF

Hopefully no more of shinobi's GAF top 10 most anticipated for the year are pushed to 2017, but I suspect more will be (please not Horizon or TLG).

salromano

He says Q3 for Titanfall and Battlefield.

Edit: I wrote up what he said:

"We've got a great year ahead... we've got our Battlefield first-person shooter game coming in the third quarter, and our third-party title that Respawn, our partner, built, it's called TItanfall, it's the second title that they brought into that brand. Both of those are first-person shooters and will be targeted around the fast, action-driven shooter market, as well as the strategy-driven market in that quarter... We have our Mirror's Edge runner game this first quarter, and then we have Mass Effect, which is a sci-fi action game, in our fourth quarter. So big year ahead and we're pretty excited."

Edit 2: Also, to confirm he's talking about fiscals, he mentions Mirror's Edge as Q1, which is dated for May 24. May 24 is in the middle of EA's Q1, which is between April 1 and June 30.

A-V-B

Good, and give us a remastered Mass Effect trilogy with a non terrible ending this year.

Pretty sure that's impossible. They'd have to restructure the entire shebang thematically and possibly spend millions rebuilding the scenario from the ground up.

The Extended Cut was the best case scenario in our, eh, reality-driven universe.

salromano

I think Q4 came up at some point and people took that as holiday 2016 when it really meant q4 in their fiscal year

They definitely meant holiday. But I guess it's delayed. Someone already said that the trailer said "Holiday 2016," but even if it said Q4 2016, they're not going to put fiscal targets in their trailers.

That's cool, I just hope we get the original trilogy B/C for XB1. Hell make it apart of EAAccess and people would be happy as shit.

As others noted pretty expected after the last earning call. Its a bummer, but hopefully we will see something more on the game soon. Given the long ass development of this game it will hopefully be something truly special.

Zolo

I was expecting this to get hit back to 2017.

I guess that lowers the competition to Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, and Horizon: Zero Dawn for RPG of the year.

Top Bottom