• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA confirms Mass Effect Andromeda will be out in Q1 2017

BKG

Banned
The fact that Titanfall 2 may release this year pretty much confirms that Battlefield will be a WW1 shooter, no way they would release 2 near future games near each other. YES titanfall is sci fi but the guns are guns

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They need to take as long as it takes to get it right. They rushed ME3 with disastrous results, I'd rather wait till 2017 if it means we get a good game.

Euron

I think Shinobi was the only one who still thought it could release this year (sorry lol). The writing's been on the wall for awhile now and they heavily implied a delay in their last investor's call.

The real news is both BF5 and Titanfall 2 this fall. WAT? Kinda confusing if BF5 is an alternate history game.

I was expecting this to get hit back to 2017.

I guess that lowers the competition to Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, and Horizon: Zero Dawn for RPG of the year.
No way in hell is Horizon NOT getting delayed. In fact it'll get delayed at least twice like Infamous Second Son, Driveclub, Bloodborne (edit: only delayed once), and Uncharted 4.

Ombala

Is it true that this won't be a sequel to the trilogy? I have all the games sitting on my PS3 and have played like 10 hours of the first one. But maybe I should just start with the series with this game.

Is it true that this won't be a sequel to the trilogy? I have all the games sitting on my PS3 and have played like 10 hours of the first one. But maybe I should just start with the series with this game.

This isn't a sequel. There won't be no Shepherd or any other character from previous games I believe.

Plasma

Banned
As much as I want to play this the last thing they should do after the third game is rush this out the door so I'm glad they're able to take their time with this.

GSR

Yeah, the writing was on the wall for this for a while now.

Shame, and a little strange to think it'll be a 5-year gap since ME3.

When did this game get announced. 2013? 2014?

3-4 years release after the announcement is ridiculous lol Good for the game since it gets more polish but publishers should take the Bethesda route with Fallout 4. The game still sold well so there is no reason to announce so early on other than to piss people off when it inevitably delayed.

A bit salty about this but I NEED a new ME game
to wash the nasty taste of ME3's ending.

If I remember right they stated they were starting work on the next one in late 2012, or at least confirmed there would be another mass effect title. Though damn, 5 years in waiting when Andromeda finally drops, the game must be huge.

Vashetti

Banned
The info drops for this game are so weird, they basically outright confirm the game in a random polling thing, and now theyre saying its going to be out around this time next year and i dont think we have even seen a piece of concept art yet.

Where've you been?

Renekton

If I remember right they stated they were starting work on the next one in late 2012, or at least confirmed there would be another mass effect title. Though damn, 5 years in waiting when Andromeda finally drops, the game must be huge.
They probably lost some time on preproduction due to ending fallout of ME3, shuffling resources for DA:I and learning FB3.

Aalvi

It was stated to be Holiday 2016, I have it written down probably because they either said it or it was in the trailer.

Kinda expected as all Mass Effect had until this time was teasers. No gameplay whatsoever. Looks like we might actually get a substantive look at the game at this year's E3 (if we are to believe that the game will launch between Jan 17 to Mar 17, without delays).

Finally, a hint of when we might see this game and consequently when we might get a serious good look at the game.

I dont really care about the story of ME after that ending. I hope they build on the awsome multiplayer and please please please dont make it pvp or some competetive junk.

Lucreto

I was hoping the new developers would be more time efficient.

It's odd they have Battlefield and Titanfall 2 out this year and Mass Effect next year.

There is a bit of overlap with those two titles so I expected Battlefield and Mass Effect this year and Titanfall in March.

It's a bit early but with no Assassin's Creed this year October and November are completely empty for me. I was hoping Mass Effect would fill the gap this year.

Fuck. You. Five Years to make this game. It better be 80+ hours long.

Oh don't worry, based on the the thus far accurate survey leak, I'm sure there will be 80 hours of content.

EXPLORATION/CUSTOMISATION

• Tempest Starship: Pilotable ship to discover 100s of solar systems. Customisable with trophies/loot/photos taken through the galaxy. Transition between flying ship, to landing on planet, to driving Mako, to getting out on foot, all seamless with no loading screens.
  • Mako Vehicle: Upgradeable with turbo boost, shield generator, hostile detector, etc. Customisable paint job.
  • Planets: 100s of surfaces to explore, for discovering places to colonise, and alien vaults/outputs to conquer.
  • Colonies: Build settlements on habitable planets. Able to decide what type of settlement for bonuses. EG: Recon Settlements will clear fog of war on space map and offer more strike team missions, meanwhile Mining Settlements will periodically supply crafting materials.
  • Blueprints: Allow you to craft alien technology using materials for better equipment and weapons, such as a jetpack for jumping, cryo-beam to target enemies, etc.
  • Crew: Customisable skill trees, gear, weapons, etc.

Hundreds of star systems

Loot collection

Item crafting

Bases to raid

Colony building + real time strike team metagame layer

There's gonna be so much content you'll wish it would stop.

Akai__

wqMWK7z.gif

Damn... Well, at least that means that I have to buy less games this year. :(

I was expecting this to get hit back to 2017.

I guess that lowers the competition to Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, and Horizon: Zero Dawn for RPG of the year.

I would be completely unsurprised if all three of those games slipped to 2017, too.

lawtowler

This confirms what I already expected anyway so doesn't bother me personally.

Although I'm curious to see what will be the big Q3/Q4 2016 games this year. Horizon probably? Maybe FFXV (although I expect that in the summer).

Oh! That EA guy describing Mirror's Edge as a 'runner' game set my teeth on end for a millisecond. I'm not worried.
(Please be good)

Carn82

It starts with Shepard giving farewell to the people of the ARK so it definitely takes place after ME3 which makes it kinda a sequel.

I think the most popular theory is that it the narrative starts somewhere between ME2 and ME3; when the Reaper threat is getting real and a need for a Plan B ('ark to a far away system') arises.

Coxy100

Banned
Damn this is a long time to wait. It's only fair EA release a remaster of all 3 games together now to keep us going!

(I will never let go of that dream)

SliChillax

I think the most popular theory is that it the narrative starts somewhere between ME2 and ME3; when the Reaper threat is getting real and a need for a Plan B ('ark to a far away system') arises.

Yup I've read all the speculations. Really like where they're going with the story, it might just add that sense of mystery that ME1 had :)

Oh don't worry, based on the the thus far accurate survey leak, I'm sure there will be 80 hours of content.

Hundreds of star systems

Loot collection

Item crafting

Bases to raid

Colony building + real time strike team metagame layer

There's gonna be so much content you'll wish it would stop.

I'm ready for it all, especially the MP.

Top Bottom