• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA confirms Mass Effect Andromeda will be out in Q1 2017

Corsick

Just as long as the content is not like DAI'ish

This is my greatest fear, DA:I felt completely shallow and joyless compared to The Witcher 3. It just seemed like one studio was much more talented and poured an immense amount of love and effort into their game while the other did not. One felt constrained by a gigantic publisher demanding a safe, streamlined RPG for the masses while the other navigated the line between niche and wide appealing a bit more deftly. I'm in the wait and see crowd, but I am greatly interested at least.

Apenheul

Code:
[img]http://cdnau.ibtimes.com/sites/au.ibtimes.com/files/2015/03/11/mass-effect-4-concept-art.jpg[/img]

That looks almost exactly like how I remember Alcamoth in Xenoblade Chronicles.

My only fear is that Andromeda will be open world, just like DA:I and Witcher 3. I cant deal with games with a thousand icons on a map, it feels too much like an MMORPG and even 10 years after i last played one i still cant deal with that type of game. I loved the smaller maps that the Mass Effect games had, so i really hope thats how it will stay.

It starts with Shepard giving farewell to the people of the ARK so it definitely takes place after ME3 which makes it kinda a sequel.

It's neither a sequel or a prequel, it's a parallel timeline starting between Arrival and the start of ME3, but for the players who are just starting the trilogy don't look it up yet or you'll get completely spoiled

Totally expected. This year was freaking packed anyway. I look forward to finally seeing it at E3. Bring it on!

It probably won't be at E3 but the new EA event "EA Play" right before E3 !

I'm still not totally convinced they wouldn't swap Titanfall 2 and ME:A for the holiday release, as the latter just looks like a way better selling candidate (don't think it's even debatable?).

Lime

Many other people have already called it ages ago, but it's pretty safe to say that the galaxy map with strike missions will be similar to Dragon Age Inquisition's war table.

Patryn

As much as I kept hope alive in my heart, I believe I was the first person on GAF to call it a 2017 title all the way back in 2014 or so.

It probably won't be at E3 but the new EA event "EA Play" right before E3 !

I'm still not totally convinced they wouldn't swap Titanfall 2 and ME:A for the holiday release, as the latter just looks like a way better selling candidate (don't think it's even debatable?).
Right, totally forgot about that. But around that time. They have kept this under wraps for long enough. I need that full gameplay reveal!

Urthor

Yea but I'd bet good money that it gets pushed back even further, considering the stage the marketing cycle is at. We'll know at E3 just where it is I guess.

Question is, why is E3 calling Q1 2017 Q4? How does that even work.

Patryn

Yea but I'd bet good money that it gets pushed back even further, considering the stage the marketing cycle is at. We'll know at E3 just where it is I guess.

Question is, why is E3 calling Q1 2017 Q4? How does that even work.

They've already disclosed to investors that it will be released this fiscal year. There are serious financial and potential legal ramifications for delaying it at this point, as it would have a material effect on their revenues.

Not saying it's impossible, but there's a major difference between telling the game press that a game will be out in some period and telling investors on an official call.

They're calling Q1 2017 Q4 because it's the fourth quarter of their fiscal year. They have a fiscal year that runs from April-April, so the final quarter of that year is the first quarter of the calendar year.

Freeman

Banned
Its fascinating how a horrible game can ruin a franchise, from one of my favorites to something I rather not play.

Tsukumo

It's okay for me. I just hope they take their time to make the game so that sequels won't have to stay in production for 5 years.
Oh, and please Gamble LEAVE THE MULTIPLAYER UNTOUCHED AND DON'T TRY TO IMITATE DESTINY.

Patryn

So ME 1-3 remaster release July/Aug. and ME:A March '17.

The gap gives me more time to finish FFXV.

Not happening.

Every single statement EA has given on the subject has been that they don't do remasters. People with inside knowledge have repeatedly said they aren't doing it.

They have literally done everything short of screaming "WE ARE NOT REMASTERING MASS EFFECT" at this point.

However, I get the sense that no matter how clear they are in their statements, unless they actually say those exact words people will continue to believe that they're doing it. Hell, even if they did, I'm willing to bet some would find some way to twist those words such that they believe they're still doing it.

Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense to you or others. For whatever reason EA has just taken an anti-remaster stance this generation.

Jawmuncher

Not happening.

Every single statement EA has given on the subject has been that they don't do remasters. People will inside knowledge have repeatedly said they aren't doing it.

They have literally done everything short of screaming "WE ARE NOT REMASTERING MASS EFFECT" at this point.

However, I get the sense that no matter how clear they are in their statements, unless they actually say those exact words people will continue to believe that they're doing it. Hell, even if they did, I'm willing to bet some would find some way to twist those words such that they believe they're still doing it.

Doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense to you or others. For whatever reason EA has just taken an anti-remaster stance this generation.

They're off remasters, since they want to save them for a drought.

So ME 1-3 remaster release July/Aug

image.php

Cornbread78

Not happening.

Every single statement EA has given on the subject has been that they don't do remasters. People with inside knowledge have repeatedly said they aren't doing it.

They are definitely the outlier with that mentality.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was hoping it would hit this year but Q1 isn't unexpected.

I just want to see the gamr at this point. Just a single screenshot or something.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was hoping it would hit this year but Q1 isn't unexpected.

I just want to see the gamr at this point. Just a single screenshot or something.
Given they still have six Fall 2016 games to unveil first, you will probably have to wait until E3.

Oh don't worry, based on the the thus far accurate survey leak, I'm sure there will be 80 hours of content.

Hundreds of star systems

Loot collection

Item crafting

Bases to raid

Colony building + real time strike team metagame layer

There's gonna be so much content you'll wish it would stop.

Woah nice - where did this info come from? you have a link?

wildbite

I was prepared for a delay. I have my fingers crossed that Horizon, ReCore and The Last Guardian do not get pushed to 2017.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm 100% fine with this, I was expecting it to be delayed well into 2017 anyway, and a small delay this early bodes well (I think?).

Basically I was happy as long as I got ME:A or Horizon this year. Hopefully that one doesn't slip too.

Great, I didn't want ME Andromeda to release this year anyway.

EA better release that remastered trilogy at 1080p/60fps tho. They've said they won't but I don't trust them.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Does DICE really need to release BF5 this year, or can they just let Titanfall 2 have the limelight?

I can't see both of them releasing at the end of the year, one of them has to be pushed. I think TF2 will be perfectly fine in Q1, there's no harm in releasing it close to ME:A.

Did Battlefront sell more than BF3/4? I wonder if they now consider it to be their premier shooter franchise, there will almost certainly be another for Episode 8 in Nov 2017.

Top Bottom