• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA confirms Mass Effect Andromeda will be out in Q1 2017

Ralemont

not me
The thing with Leng is that I don't hate him for his character being an asshole, because... that's his character and that aspect of him is well done. My problem is that he sort of just appears in ME3 and starts fucking with everyone's shit.

I guess it was less of a shock to me because Drew K's last book had him as an antagonist. So when he showed up my reaction was "Oh shit book tie-in! That's that badass Cerberus assassin!" instead of most people's reaction which was "who is this douche with goggles talking shit?"

I also love love the letter Leng sends you after Thessia. I love how petty it is and the obvious inferiority complex he's got going with Shepard. Owning him at the Base was delicious.

diaspora

I guess it was less of a shock to me because Drew K's last book had him as an antagonist. So when he showed up my reaction was "Oh shit book tie-in! That's that badass Cerberus assassin!" instead of most people's reaction which was "who is this douche with goggles talking shit?"

I'll freely admit this was my reaction. I didn't mind him being an asshole so much as some random dude coming out of nowhere being one of the main antagonists. If he was featured at the end cutscene of ME2, it would have alleviated the hate/confusion.

I also love love the letter Leng sends you after Thessia. I love how petty it is and the obvious inferiority complex he's got going with Shepard. Owning him at the Base was delicious.
It made blasting his fool ass with the Crusader so much more satisfying. You could practically feel Shepard seethe when talking about Leng and Cerberus.

I knew that this would happen. I've been thinking it was going to happen shortly after EA released time tables for their upcoming games sometime around August last year. It'll probably come out around late March 2017.

Also, good. Take your time with this game please; Mass Effect needs to be as good as possible! :)

Chozo_Lord

Fuck. You. Five Years to make this game. It better be 80+ hours long.

Yes I'm salty lol.

To be fair I bet 2 or more of those years were just developing the engine. I think I remember reading that they are using the Frostbite 3 engine, and that it wasn't friendly to RPGs, so they probably had to tweak it a lot. Once Andromeda comes out I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly release two sequels with little improvement in the engine.

diaspora

To be fair I bet 2 or more of those years were just developing the engine. I think I remember reading that they are using the Frostbite 3 engine, and that it wasn't friendly to RPGs, so they probably had to tweak it a lot. Once Andromeda comes out I wouldn't be surprised if they quickly release two sequels with little improvement in the engine.

Probably not. The DA's issues with Frostbite were focused around the inability to make a proper tactical camera (which is still an issue) as well as different monster bodies/types like quadrupeds. ME's gunplay is centered around third person shooting, I can't imagine the engine would have been too restrictive for this.

Euron

The thing with Leng is that I don't hate him for his character being an asshole, because... that's his character and that aspect of him is well done. My problem is that he sort of just appears in ME3 and starts fucking with everyone's shit.
They really should have introduced him in ME2 as one of your squadmates. Would have made the entire antagonist plot in 3 a lot more meaningful.

Garlador

Might as well have replaced Jacob too.

Replacing Jacob with Leng would have been a masterstroke of genius.

Anyway, about that delay... Hey, EA, maybe you should re-release the Mass Effect Trilogy on modern systems with all DLC for an affordable price to ties us all over, eh? EH?!

omonimo

Banned
It's just crazy they not want to release a fucking remaster collection in the meanwhile. Fuck you EA with all my heart.

Astral Dog

The info drops for this game are so weird, they basically outright confirm the game in a random polling thing, and now theyre saying its going to be out around this time next year and i dont think we have even seen a piece of concept art yet.
Its just how it is, business as usual, wait for the E3 reveal.

Maybe this will ease some of the pain.
attachment.php

attachment.php

tumblr_nvb6mlsVPx1qj0hg3o2_1280.jpg

pathfinder_armor_001.jpg

tumblr_nvb6mlsVPx1qj0hg3o5_1280.jpg
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?196396-Zbrush-Summit-2015-Artists-Recap/page4
Wait... No, it makes it worse.

CGwizz

Bioware does not know wtf they are doing, we all have shit ton of information about this game that was leaked, we all know the main focus of the game, they are making this game for how long? fucking hell, all they did was dropping the lamest teaser last E3 and 2 or 3 artowork pictures, the head of the studio left , i bet there is some problems with this game.

Naughty dog and bioware are the delay kings.

Top Bottom