• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA E3 press conference 2015: 1PM 15/6 - 1 hour

Cerberus

Ubisoft's conference is usually at 3PM so I doubt EA will go for 2.5 hours.

Should be the best EA conference ever if they deliver Battlefront, Mirror's Edge, and Mass Effect.

Lucreto

I don't think the actual conference will be 2.5 hours long. Might be an hour and the rest media time. The start time might be a midtranslation of time zones. I will wait for western media confirmation.

But if true it messes up the schedule that has been in place for years.

EA is usually at 12 PM and the next one is Ubisoft at 3.

So now EA is at 1 to 3.30 then Ubisoft will be pushed further to allow media to get to the event.

Edit: I remember a few years ago Sony's Gamescom invite said the event was 3 hours long. It turned out to be a 1 hour conference and 2 hour media interview afterwards.

EA's press conferences are normally 1 hour long. No way in hell is it going to be 2 1/2 hours unless there's like an hour long demo of Battlefront 3.

Josh5890

Well, they have a couple sports games to show, Mass Effect, Battlefield, and Star Wars. That is just off the top of my head. Who knows how they will fill up that 150 minutes. Hopefully it won't be boring for long periods of time.

J@hranimo

Banned
Mirror's Edge. It's all I really care about seeing from there.

If I don't see anything relevant like actual gameplay from the game and not "ooooh concept art!" or "we're still testing out things!" then I'm done with EA. I really want this game *pouts*

Ryan_IGN

I'm not sure where the OP got his info, but the invite I received today says it's the usual one hour. Maybe I'm only invited to the first hour? ;-)
eajpg-21d5c1.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wasn't it 2 hours last year, except that it's 1 hour for the actual conference and another hour for people to play hardline?

Lakitu

st5fu
Just give me some Mirror's Edge gameplay and release date along with a Mass Effect, reveal trailer in-game footage, that's enough for me.

halfbeast

Banned
1 hour fifa, nfl, nhl, nba
0.5 hour battlefield
0.5 hour celebrity/director spamtalking about a project he's not allowed to talk about
0.5 hour napkin doodles of games people actually give a hoot.

DieH@rd

Banned
IMO, it will be 1-1.5hr long, and then the rest will be journalist having hand's on to the new games [maybe even livestreamed to the web].

Gskyace

I'm not sure where the OP got his info, but the invite I received today says it's the usual one hour. Maybe I'm only invited to the first hour? ;-)
eajpg-21d5c1.jpg

Hi Ryan! I checked mine again. It's 0100-0330 on the invitation.
I also believe that it would be an one hour conference, maybe with two hours for play.
I'll ask my friend to collect their info about this. : D

Dingotech

Does this mean that other conferences might be on the 15th, even though E3 is scheduled from the 16-18th?

I'd like to know so I can book some time off at work!

mclem

Does this mean that other conferences might be on the 15th, even though E3 is scheduled from the 16-18th?

That's always the case; the high-profile conferences are on the days *before* the show formally starts.

E3 officially starts on the 16th. Everyone's press conference except Nintendo's is the day before like always.

Yeah, though there are a few new conferences this year, so it's more like this:
14th - Bethesda
15th - Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Sony (in that order)
16th - Nintendo, Square Enix, weird PC Gamer conference

Unless Nintendo change their usual E3 Direct time, they'll release it at the same time Square Enix has their conference.

Rosur

Yeah, though there are a few new conferences this year, so it's more like this:
14th - Bethesda
15th - Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft, Sony (in that order)
16th - Nintendo, Square Enix, weird PC Gamer conference

Unless Nintendo change their usual E3 Direct time, they'll release it at the same time Square Enix has their conference.

Didn't realise it was the week after download fest this year so probably gonna miss most of it live :( (expect the 16th stuff) due to busyness (birthday stuff on the monday/ download on the sunday).

Every conference is actually "pre-E3". The E3 begins when the show floor opens, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

E3 officially starts on the 16th. Everyone's press conference except Nintendo's is the day before like always.
Nintendo's conference is on the same day, but still before the official opening.

Turkoop

Banned
I could imagine the other 1.5 hours will be some livestreamed Gameplay, like last year with BF4
Are they already confirmed in that order ?

I could imagine the other 1.5 hours will be some livestreamed Gameplay, like last year with BF4
Are they already confirmed in that order ?

Not confirmed but they're always in that order. So far the only difference from the last few years is that EA's conference is on an hour later but I doubt the others will change.

weekev

Banned
I dont think I can deal with 2 and a half hours of EA, please can a kind gaffer do a sizzle reel with the highlights so I can catch the 3 minutes of non bullshotted, actual gameplay

MaxiLive

I'm guessing it will be an hour conference with additional time on the invite for after show playtests and such as with most conferences!

I'm looking forward to seeing Battlefront, Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge hopefully all with some significant details :D Maybe a new NFS/Racing game of sorts?

I'm not looking forward to the sports stuff but I never due :( It is EAs biggest venue for that as the Sony/Microsoft conferences don't cover much of EA sports these days.

Top Bottom