• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA files trademarks for Desert Strike

Electronic Arts has submitted two new trademark applications for Desert Strike with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, hinting that a remake of the popular 1992 shoot ‘em up video game is in the works.

On November 25, 2013, the video game company filed the trademarks (US Serial Numbers: 86128233 and 86128236) for Desert Strike.

Desert Strike was originally released in February 1992 and involved the player piloting an AH-64 Apache helicopter. A remake of Desert Strike may come as no surprise. The game sold well and for its time, it was Electronic Arts’ highest ever selling game.
Via Fusible

Footos22

AaaaaWeeeee yeahhhhhhhhh. Watching my dad turn Saddam wannabes plane into a Hussein oven was my fondest mega drive memory lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
MY FIRST PSX GAME.

Oops got confused, meant this.

2-games-soviet-strike-e-nuclear-strike-playstation-1-ps_MLB-F-4621576840_072013.jpg

lol at the sticker...

Apdiddy

Please be HD for PS4 PSN/XB1 XBL/Steam and like the old Genesis/SNES games, please....

Waitaminute, it's EA. It will be a F2P iOS game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really loved it on the amiga, but i'm not interested in a new game because i don't expect it being interesting or good either being faithful to the original formula or even worse something different from the original.

Shahed

I want to be excited. But the last year or so has made me cynical about these things

Loved this and Jungle Strike on the Mega Drive

Fox Mulder

I hope they don't ruin it, I love the Strike games. I'm currently playing them in glorious RGB on a 29 inch Sony PVM.

they'll ruin it. Would be hilarious to see it as another modern fps though.

USC-fan

Banned
no shit I was just thinking about this game today. I just broight a vita and want to get the psp version of this game.

Top Bottom