• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA has ~15 Frostbite games in development

FyreWulff

Not surprising. A lot of publishers and devs ended up on Unreal 3 after the exodus from Renderware after EA bought it. Now everyone (including EA) got to spend an almost 10 year generation buying time to create, refine, and build their own next-generation middleware, and weaned themselves off Unreal.

I do not forsee much external engine licensing occuring this time around.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Plant vs. Zombies WHAT!?

Remember how EA was going on about converting their teams to new business models?

"PopCap Burnaby" (Black Box) is apparently making a TF2-esque Plants vs. Zombies game on Frostbite 2.

Their job posting also mentioned it features construction and destruction elements so I assume there's some building factors in there.

Wiz

Remember how EA was going on about converting their teams to new business models?

"PopCap Burnaby" (Black Box) is apparently making a TF2-esque Plants vs. Zombies game on Frostbite 2.

Their job posting also mentioned it features construction and destruction elements so I assume there's some building factors in there.
Wow. I never knew that but that sounds very cool.

Probably not. I would imagine they're developing their own engine since they're not an internal EA studio, they're just being funded by EA (if I'm not mistaken).

Actually, knowing the pedigree of the studio, I have my doubts that they are working on there own engine. They have been using the Quake 3 engine since the days of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. It isn't out of the picture to suspect that they license Frostbite 2 since EA is backing the project this time around.

Can't wait for the blinding sun, the fake dirty screens and the lens flares.

nothing was fake about the released BF3 screens. DICE are not ubisoft.

And if you look at killzone 4 video there was a lot of "blinding light" going on in that video too.

I hope BF is a different game with different maps on current gen and next gen/PC. It would be a shame if all the maps were made with 24 players in mind.

Hopefully we see Mirrors Edge 2 soon as well. Or at least official confirmation.

Kinda the savior for next gen development, no? We talk about increasing development and content costs but those can be mitigated by better middleware, multiplatform engines that reduce port times between systems, and better content pipelines. Companies that can create engines that allow for quick ports, can scale easily to varied system requirements, and that can handle diverse gameplay types will be at huge advantages for next gen.

more slides

i5jdOnJ.png

CVxTiC6.jpg

mooooose

PLEASE BE MIRROR'S EDGE 2 AAAAAAAAAAH

Mirror's Edge, at the end of the day, was easily my favorite game from this generation. Close second is Burnout Paradise. Mirror's Edge is amazing.

Complistic

Excellent. I think all games should look exactly the same. If there's one thing I've been saying it's that there's too much variety in the industry right now.

Akai__

Wait, Mirrors Edge 2 is in production? How did I miss this?

Also, ~15 Frostbite titles sounds great. Can't wait for next gen.

Edit:
10) Mass Effect 5
11) Mass Effect 6
12) Mass Effect 7
13) Mass Effect 8
14) Mass Effect 9
15) Mirror's Edge 2

:lol

Krilekk

Banned
Probably not. I would imagine they're developing their own engine since they're not an internal EA studio, they're just being funded by EA (if I'm not mistaken).

They got enough money from Activision to be self-funded. Plus they don't want to be dependant again. And they said two years ago they would create their own engine.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I know I'm in the minority around here, but I would really like to see a sequel to Dante's Inferno. At least it was hinted at (rumor with a huge grain of salt) a little while ago.

I remember reading Criterion saying they'd be interested in doing a Road Rash reboot. I kinda hope that's one of the Frostbite games but it's a longshot.

Top Bottom