• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA has shut down Mythic Entertainment

Quentyn

EA has shut down Mythic, the longtime video game studio most recently responsible for Warhammer Online and the Dungeon Keeper reboot for mobile platforms.

When reached by Kotaku, EA sent over the following statement:

We are closing the EA Mythic location in Fairfax, Virginia, as we concentrate mobile development in our other studio locations. We are working with all impacted employees to provide assistance in finding new opportunities, either within EA or with other companies via an upcoming job fair.
Founded in 1995, Mythic also developed Dark Age of Camelot and a number of other games.

http://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-mythic-the-studio-behind-warhammer-onlin-1583376655

nynt9

Force them to make a terrible F2P game that no one wants.

Close the studio when it fails.

Genius.

This is how EA operates. Force developers to make games people don't want, and then blame the developers and shut them down. We've seen them do this time and time again. RIP Mythic, they had amazing games.

tumblr_m1m8eipu1L1rrkvreo1_500.jpg

Nome

This is how EA operates. Force developers to make games people don't want, and then blame the developers and shut them down. We've seen them do this time and time again. RIP Mythic, they had amazing games.
lol@force

You sure know a lot about their inner workings bro.

tumblr_m1m8eipu1L1rrkvreo1_500.jpg

No. In my ending, Bioware takes a breath at the end.

StuBurns

Banned
Hearing that producer dude complain about how the media shat on DK on GiantBomb made me want to rip my ears clean from my head.

JayEH

Damn it, they were one of the few developers in the DC metro area. The only other ones I can think of are Bethesda and Firaxis.

Don't die East Coast game development :(

It's news like this that makes me surprised EA didn't get the three-peat on the comsumerist's worst company poll.

Good luck to the Mythic folks. Only other big studio around here that I know of is BethSoft, which means most of these guys and gals are either considering a new field, going indie, or moving out of the DMV.

Sad times.

Longsword

I hope all the developers land on their feet soon. This and the big layoffs at Harmonix. Today is not a good day for the rank-and-file developers.

Plenty of talent at both Studios, so hopefully other Studios will reach out to those who lost their jobs.

Shosai

Banned
So, what's the average lifespan for studios bought by EA? Three years? Four years? Bioware might be the exception

Seriously someone calculate this

EDIT: Mythic survived 8 years, after facing layoffs in 2009. Nevermind!

Top Bottom