• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA ignores Nintendo consoles and Sony/Nintendo handhelds in recent survey

Screenshot of the survey's first page:

Translation:
Electronic Arts Germany customer survey

How old are you?
Your age:

On which platforms do you play?

Do you plan on buying an XBox One/PS4?
Yes, a PS4
Yes, an XBox One
Yes, both
No
No, I use a PC/Mac for gaming

Link to survey: https://de.surveymonkey.com/s/ZQB6CLG

Found the link to the survey on the Medal of Honor facebook page. The survey goes on for some more questions but none mention Nintendo.
Why don't they include Wii/WiiU? After all they do have some games on these consoles. There's not even an "others" option. As a nintendo gamer who even own's some EA games i didn't know what box to check in the second question. But to be fair, they also ignore the existence of dedicated handheld gaming in general.

Darklord

Banned
Of course they'd ignore the company releasing multiple 10/10 games. How else do you think they'd have accomplished NBA Live 14 if they actually looked at quality?

itsgreen

I have been ignoring Nintendo for quite some time now...

Looking at the sales figures most people are now ignoring Nintendo...

Probably because EA's entire output on Nintendo hardware over the next few years will likely consist of FIFA 15 Legacy Edition, FIFA 16 Legacy Edition and FIFA 17 Legacy Edition.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Probably because EA's entire output on Nintendo hardware over the next few years will likely consist of FIFA 15 Legacy Edition, FIFA 16 Legacy Edition and FIFA 17 Legacy Edition.

Don't worry I'm sure Battlefield 4 will get ported on the next console.

Yagharek

"FIFA 15 Rip-off edition not coming to Nintendo platforms as surveys show no one plays on those anymore."

To be fair, there's no Vita either. It's clear they don't care about those markets anymore.

Thats ok, Fifa 12 13 is already out on Wii U

Exile20

I have been ignoring Nintendo for quite some time now...

Looking at the sales figures most people are now ignoring Nintendo...
Good for you buddy. Miss out on some great games.

You ignore positive Nintendo threads but somehow keep up with negative ones.

haikira

EA doesn't make children's games. Why would they have Nintendo listed?

bgmehych4imo.gif

GeoGonzo

Well shit, I came into this thread expecting a console only poll and all ready to congratulate Nintendo on achieving parity with PC gaming... but nope.

Harsh. But polls are made so you can only receive the answers you may care about so... thats their prerogative.

Madness

This is kind of like how I ignore EA's existence when buying games.

Good luck doing that in a year or two when you have Titanfall, next gen Mass Effect, Dragons Age, Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars Battlefront and also the new IP from BioWare. I don't really like EA as a company but that doesn't mean I won't buy the games they put out lol.

Yagharek

Good luck doing that in a year or two when you have Titanfall, next gen Mass Effect, Dragons Age, Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars Battlefront and also the new IP from BioWare. I don't really like EA as a company but that doesn't mean I won't buy the games they put out lol.

Pretty easy games to ignore when there are vastly superior alternatives. Or plenty of other games anyway.

After ME3 and DA2 I dont know why anyone would give bioware games a second look though.

why would i buy any of that?

Alvarez

Banned
Yep, only mostly generic and bland games...

you gotta keep that worst company in America award in check...

I wasn't commenting on the quality of EA's games. EA targets older consumers. Why would they want to publish their games on a console that does not target older consumers?

It would be different if EA's games could simply be ported to the Wii U, but they can't. Xbox One and PS4 games require complete conversion to the Wii U--essentially making an entirely new game. This costs more money than it makes, both because it's expensive and because Nintendo does not have a userbase that is particularly interested in these kinds of titles.

So I ask again: Why would EA include Nintendo on a survey? To be nice?

Nintendo is not included because, for EA, it's irrelevant.

Madness

3DS owners would disagree.

Uh, okay? It was more a look at sales of the Wii U and Wii U games as opposed to the 3DS, especially since OP only mentioned why Wii U wasn't listed.

Pretty easy games to ignore when there are vastly superior alternatives. Or plenty of other games anyway.

After ME3 and DA2 I dont know why anyone would give bioware games a second look though.

What is vastly superior to Titanfall which is shaping up to be one of the most hyped and sought after FPS in a while, or games like Star Wars Battlefront from Dice. Do you know how many fans of Mirror's Edge have been dying for a sequel?

I agree BioWare Edmonton screwed up with ME3, but they're coming out with a new IP without all the story baggage of their past games. And BioWare Montreal has taken the reigns of the next Mass Effect game.

Top Bottom