• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is apparently adding achievements to their older titles, on Steam

Gamezone

Gold Member
Edit: On Steam.

Steam achievements have been added for the following games (source):

• A Way Out
• Battlefield Hardline
• Battlefield 1
• Battlefield 3
• Battlefield 4
• Battlefield V
• Burnout Paradise Remastered
• Dead Space 3
• Dragon Age Inquisition
• Fe
• Jedi Fallen Order
• Mass Effect 3
• Mass Effect Andromeda
• Mirror's Edge Catalyst
• Need for Speed
• Need for Speed HEAT
• Need for Speed Payback
• Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville
• Sea of Solitude
• Star Wars: Battlefront
• Star Wars: Battlefront II
• Titanfall 2
• Unravel
• Unravel 2
• Madden 21

Last edited:

Codes 208

E40gqR8.jpg

saw this on FB earlier today

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

• A Way Out
• Battlefield Hardline
• Battlefield 1
• Battlefield 3
• Battlefield 4
• Battlefield V
• Dead Space 3
• Dragon Age Inquisition
• Fe
• Jedi Fallen Order
• Mass Effect 3
• Mass Effect Andromeda
• Mirror's Edge Catalyst
• Need for Speed
• Need for Speed HEAT
• Need for Speed Payback
• Sea of Solitude
• Titanfall 2
• Unravel
• Unravel 2
• Madden 21

LordCBH

the Madden 21 steam page still doesn’t show them, but I just assume they haven’t gotten around to updating that page yet. But this means I’ll probably get it on steam instead of PS4.

Codes 208

Has steam improved their achievement system? Before they literally did nothing, no scores, trophies or points. It’s been awhile since I bothered with their system

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has steam improved their achievement system? Before they literally did nothing, no scores, trophies or points. It’s been awhile since I bothered with their system
Nope, it's exactly the same as it was when they first implemented it nearly 10 years ago. No score, no trophies, no points, no unlock sound, no real security to prevent people unlocking them with spoofing tools. Kind of a joke, really.

Kadayi

Banned
Nope, it's exactly the same as it was when they first implemented it nearly 10 years ago. No score, no trophies, no points, no unlock sound, no real security to prevent people unlocking them with spoofing tools. Kind of a joke, really.

I don't know, I still like knowing that I've hit a certain percentage in terms of completes. Plus also not all games impact it. I mean I dare say that there are people out there spoofing it but jeez. My only gripe with Achievements is stupid one like MP in what are ostensibly SP titles . Case in point I recently replayed through the Tomb Raider trilogy. At least with the first game a lot of those achievements are locked to a MP that is non existent now. Shit like that needs to be a separate thing so you can still 100% the base game down the road IMHO.

Gamezone

Gold Member
the Madden 21 steam page still doesn’t show them, but I just assume they haven’t gotten around to updating that page yet. But this means I’ll probably get it on steam instead of PS4.

This happens pretty often with games thst aren't released. I expect FIFA 21 to add them too.

Gamezone

Gold Member

Nope. Even Epic's immature overlay for achievements looks more modern. Almost comparable to Xbox.

Dude EA, please transfer our Origin games to Steam. It's a pointless launcher now.

Achievements can easily be gathered through software so I don't see the point. Still, you can see the completion rate for each game and your rarest achievements I believe.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Dude EA, please transfer our Origin games to Steam. It's a pointless launcher now.

Achievements can easily be gathered through software so I don't see the point. Still, you can see the completion rate for each game and your rarest achievements I believe.

Could be that they add this in their upcoming client. It's being redone.

Codes 208

Nope. Even Epic's immature overlay for achievements looks more modern. Almost comparable to Xbox.
Seems their past experience with both Sony and Ms has prepared them for this.
That’s unfortunate. It really does seem that they added them just for the sake of it and the cards/emblems Level are their real achievements system.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
It looks like Origin achievements is tied with Steam now, meaning that achievements you've already earned on Origin will unlock on Steam once you launch the game. It's the same as Microsoft's games.

Hopefully this could mean that we could transfer our Origin games to Steam later? We don't know what their upcoming client has to offer.

D.Final

Banned
Edit: On Steam.

Steam achievements have been added for the following games (source):

• A Way Out
• Battlefield Hardline
• Battlefield 1
• Battlefield 3
• Battlefield 4
• Battlefield V
• Dead Space 3
• Dragon Age Inquisition
• Fe
• Jedi Fallen Order
• Mass Effect 3
• Mass Effect Andromeda
• Mirror's Edge Catalyst
• Need for Speed
• Need for Speed HEAT
• Need for Speed Payback
• Sea of Solitude
• Titanfall 2
• Unravel
• Unravel 2
• Madden 21
Great move

CitizenX

Banned
Whats even better than expected, IF you already played through a game, such as Jedi Fallen order, boot the game and the achievements you earned will pop.

Top Bottom