• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is now sponsoring Top 10 Countdowns on Gametrailers

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png

Top 10 Most Intense Dead Space Moments Brought To You By Dead Space 3
GT_massive_GTCountdown_DeadSpace_01-25-2013_v2.jpg

Code:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/t9zpwl/gt-countdown-top-10-most-intense-dead-space-moments

Link if you like.

Also notice the Dead Space 3 background.

geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png
geoffkingsm2xkbw.png

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, that is totally honest and shows the integrity of gaming press.

EDIT: Could it be that it's just for this video?

antitrop

I don't see a problem. This is obviously a topically relevant ad for a game that comes out next week. Of course EA paid for it, that's how advertising works.

Next up, Dragon Age top 10 moments.

1. Having sex with Morrigan
2.Having sex with Morrigan
3.Having sex with Morrigan
4.Having sex with Morrigan
5.Having sex with Morrigan
6.Having sex with Morrigan
7.Having sex with Morrigan
8.Having sex with Morrigan
9.Having sex with Morrigan
10.Having sex with Morrigan

Kritz

Banned
fuck this

I'd rather see EA's WORLD EXCLUSIVE Top 10 Halo 4 Moments Presented By Dead Space 3 only on Gametrailers .

MormaPope

Banned
This becoming a trend on Gametrailers is gonna be painfully hilarious.

"Top 10 Assassins Creed moments presented by Assassins Creed 4"

antitrop

So EA goes to GameTrailers, a site whose primary responsibility by name is to provide content that brings attention to upcoming products and makes most of their money through advertising, says they will pay GT to make a sponsored piece of Dead Space related advertising content in anticipation of the upcoming game.

And suddenly this is an example of corruption and the lack of ethics in "games journalism" (of which GT is clearly not)?

SLQJc.gif

Yeah... EA needs to sit down their marketing department and have a talk.

Obviously sites are going to be ok with this sort of thing for the money, but its one thing to have a background ad for a game and another to sort of have a video feature that kind of looks like any other video feature on the site, except its sponsored by the publisher. Eh...the whole system just feels kind of grimy but understandable, I guess. Its tacky.

lexi

Banned
So EA goes to GameTrailers, a site whose primary responsibility by name is to provide content that brings attention to upcoming products and makes most of their money through advertising, says they will pay GT to make a sponsored piece of Dead Space related advertising content in anticipation of the upcoming game.

And suddenly this is an example of corruption and the lack of ethics in "games journalism" (of which GT is clearly not)?

It's tacky as fuck. No other industry has the bar set this goddamn low.

Cartman86

Banned
Don't know if its unethical because I don't believe they are journalists but it is stupid. Why would I want to watch this? A top ten list about something sponsored by that thing doesn't instill in me confidence. It's tacky.

newjeruse

It's disingenuous to act as if Gametrailers has not evolved over time into an editorial site. Yes, this is very explicitly qualified as being sponsored and I guess they deserve some weird credit for that. But anytime that line is blurred, it's always worth raising an eyebrow.

massoluk

Banned
It's tacky as fuck. No other industry has the bar set this goddamn low.

Yeah. Corruption? No. Journalism? Probably not. But you don't see this in a magazine. There are clearly labeled separated "Sponsored Contents", but the line was never blurred this bad even for the funny article/columns.

antitrop

It's disingenuous to act as if Gametrailers has not evolved over time into an editorial site.
I do not believe that GameTrailers is a games editorial site.

That stuff is a side-show, their primary focus has always been pre-release content to increase awareness of upcoming games. That is why people go to GameTrailers, and with this DS3 retrospective they are providing content that is exactly within the very purpose of the site's existence.

jediyoshi

It's disingenuous to act as if Gametrailers has not evolved over time into an editorial site. Yes, this is very explicitly qualified as being sponsored and I guess they deserve some weird credit for that. But anytime that line is blurred, it's always worth raising an eyebrow.

Not sure if there's any line blurring, it's all pretty upfront. Wouldn't expect to see them label names as to the PR people responsible for initiating the offer or the amount of money exchanged in the deal. If people are questioning the integrity of their choices of their top 10 dead space moments, I'd say that's a fair judgement.

Top Bottom