• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is reportedly releasing Koei Tecmo hunting game Wild Hearts in early 2023

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
With the gameplay video it looks like it rips off Monster Hunter even more than Toukiden did (and it's like they deliberately show things like carving and part breaking to ensure people see it's that close to its inspiration). That's a good thing for combat dynamics and monster behaviours. It looks well done (maybe it needs a touch more hit stop), there's not too much focus on the contraptions like I thought might take away from the action, they look comparable to the traps and bombs and such in Monster Hunter really. I imagine the battle is skipped there and it's not so easy and speedy to take such a monster down, you'll be slashing at their feet a lot like at the start and like in Monster Hunter. They've already said it's split in zones and what not so I guess the core game loop is going to be pretty similar as well, as it was in Toukiden, just taking on hunting missions and what not. If the end game also requires as much time & dedication as Monster Hunter though, people may just as well wait for World 2 or whatever it's going to be called instead, the real deal instead of the imitator, as good as it may be, especially if it's shown off before this thing releases and isn't coming too much later, but good job, I'll probably try it. Of course it does need everything a Monster Hunter game needs to be good (as those always manage to be), the weapons, monster roster, meta game, gathering, upgrading, etc., all the good stuff.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Hmmm the fighting in that 7 minute trailer looked sloppy imho.
The monster`s animations and hitboxes did not seem to be correctly connected and its attack pattern looked rather random instead of actually targeted towards a certain player.
But that`s whining on a high level for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom