EA makes some online passes free on XBL [Up: Is removing them universally]

Unsure if this is part of EA dropping Online passes or just another snafu but a lot of them have been reduced to free today.

Alice: Madness Returns - American McGee's Alice The first game in the Alice series, access it through the disc (was 800msp)

Bad Company 2 VIP (was 800msp)

Bulletstorm Online Pass (was 800msp)

Dragon Age: Origins - The Stone Prisoner (was 1200msp)

Dragon Age 2: The Black Emporium (was 800msp)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Online Pass (was 800msp)

Mass Effect 2: Cerberus Network (was 1200msp)

Medal of Honor Online Pass (was 800msp)

SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED™ ONLINE PASS (was 800msp)

Skate 3: Skate Share Pack (was 800msp)

Some more could pop up later on.
I thought it would warrant a new thread, since it would get lost in the EA thread otherwise.

So they're giving away what was originally a paid online pass you can only use if you have a paid online subscription (Live). They should change their name to the Red Cross!

I'm not too familiar with online passes, so how do they work with singleplayer games like Dragon Age 1-2? I thought online passes were needed to play online multi player modes. Thanks.

I previously had the Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network (bought the game new and redeemed the code at launch). However, it doesn't give me the "Already purchased" message for that one. Also states "Sorry - This item is not available for purchase from this device." when I try to readd.

Added all I could to the download queue. Free American McGee’s Alice is pretty sweet. Loved that game on the PC many moons ago.