• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Origin (Cyber Monday) Sale [Arkham City $25, Bastion $7.5, BF3=$30, Crysis 2=$10]

iirate

Okay, I bought Arkham City, and I can't find the 10$ code in my confirmation email like the site says I should be able to. Anyone here that can help me figure this out?

amrod

Okay, I bought Arkham City, and I can't find the 10$ code in my confirmation email like the site says I should be able to. Anyone here that can help me figure this out?

Here is your $10 off discount code: DECTEN. You can use this code any time during December,
$30 minimum purchase required.

ITS £25!!!

Sorry, but thats the 3rd time I've had to say it. How is nobody else seeing that - just go to origin and search for batman and it comes up

Okay, it's just that it's even cheaper elsewhere (Getgamesgo.com has it at £23.99) so I wasn't aware that it was on sale. I got it for less than half that anyway, so I'm happy. Below £20 was my sweet spot.

Sober

US only? As in no Canada? Ugh.
I am in Canada and if I add stuff to the cart it will give me the price reduction, but not sure what happens since I haven't paid for anything yet (though hoping it does let me)

Only if you play the game just once or keep it installed for a lifetime. The game is forever tied to Origin.
Backup the installer and the serial key ... you don't need Origin to run the installer for you, just download it (unless it's BF3).

Sober

How likely is BF3 going to be on sale? The beta didn't really instill me with confidence in my PC's performance, so if I did buy it now for 30$, it'd really be a "for later" thing (on top of having to buy Karkand or waiting for that to go on sale too).

Basically I doubt I will jump into BF3 right away, even if 30$ is tempting. I'm guessing Xmas will yield a similar sale?

Lothars

Webmaster of one of the biggest Sims sites...plus one of the biggest collections ;)

5255994371_c8055eeb11_z.jpg

(Pic is from Dec. of last year, so there is a lot more games/posters/collectibles/guides I added since then to the shelves)

I know if I asked the EA PR folks, they'd end up sending me them...but I never bother to ask as I don't really like to...so I wait for deals like these to snatch up the missing ones.

That's an awesome Collection, I am very impressed. I have a question for you Would you recommend to pick up Sims 3? and if I do is there any expansion to avoid?

judhudson

That's an awesome Collection, I am very impressed. I have a question for you Would you recommend to pick up Sims 3? and if I do is there any expansion to avoid?

My least favorites are World Adventures and Late Night. If you plan on getting The Sims 3, I would definitely snatch up The Sims 3 Plus Pets as it contains both the base game and The Sims 3 Pets expansion (plus it is $25 which is a steal).

My two favorite expansions are Ambitions (which lets you play out the careers for a change) as well as Generations (which IMO is content that flushes out the base game quiet nicely).

Batman deal not avaliable here on Spain unless I'm missing something.

Well Steam gets my money!! Too bad for you EA!!

Fake edit: Crysis 2 is 10€ that's interesting....

Only if you play the game just once or keep it installed for a lifetime. The game is forever tied to Origin.
Uh... yeah. I am just saying you don't have to run Origin to run the game. Generally when you buy a game.. it is "forever tied" to where you bought it (except like GOG I guess, but even then better keep those installers!)

Helmholtz

I am in Canada and if I add stuff to the cart it will give me the price reduction, but not sure what happens since I haven't paid for anything yet (though hoping it does let me)
is this true?
sale worked for me in canada...
Apparently I was wrong, sorry guys. I wasn't 100% sure myself, I was just judging it based on the fine print that said United States. Now that I read it again though it definitely says Canada too.

I don't know if this has been asked before but why is Arkham City selling in Origin? Is EA trying to make Origin an all-company digital distribution service?

They announced third party support was coming last month, so it's a recent thing. I didn't even realize it had started until this thread was posted to be honest. Warner Bros. Interactive, THQ and Capcom are the three major companies partnering with them so far from the press release in October:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-27-ea-announces-major-third-party-support-for-origin

IIRC I think Origin only remembers your CC number and billing address, you have to reenter in your name and CVV.

When purchasing in the client at least, not through the web browser, it has a check box similar to Steam where you can decide whether it saves your information. When I bought Arkham City today, I had to re-enter all my info even though I've made purchases before. And thank goodness for that, nothing is secure these days.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man, I just had a buygasm on origin, Alice 2, Crysis, Arkham City, and the Mirrors Edge dlc that I was always waiting to get for a discount (two bucks and change!)

Soi-Fong

Goddamn BF3 getting the same treatment as BFBC2. 3-4 weeks later on sale for sub 30$. Knew I should have waited. Meh at least I'll get Karkand.

Went to Frys and got a LE PC version for 30 bucks! Saved 45 bucks altogether!! Woohoo!

The only negative thing I see about this is that I'll be behind in MP, but really who cares. haha

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I would bite on Bastion and (double dip) Crysis 2 on the EA store if I had the monies. 10 is cheaper than I ever thought i would see it this soon after release.

you can also get Crysis 2 for $10 as an Amazon digital download and the key registers to Origin.

If you're more comfortable going through Amazon than Origin, the end result is basically the same. Well, you'll own it twice through both Amazon and Origin, but it will be tied to your Origin account.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
STILL don't have my preorder of BF3 Limited Edition (PC) from Best Buy.
Bastards.

Gonna cancel my preorder and buy this. Even if I have to pay for the DLC it'll still be cheaper.

KKRT00

I've got mail from EA that they are doing winter sale. [Poland]

4hWfT.jpg

In email there is info that this is for Poland only, but it wont be probably ;p
Promotion ends 24:00 GMT Wednesday.
1E = 4.5 PLN

Ps. If Alice was cheaper, i'd buy it ;\

e_i

Bought Arkham City. Was playing the 360 version, but my 360 died and sold the game in disgust.

Edit: Dragon Age II is $10? Buy?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon Digital Download also has Medal of Honor for $5.99

Does anyone know if it can be redeemed on Origin? I might give the campaign a try at that price.

Top Bottom