• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play 2019 - Viewing and Discussion Thread. June 8, 2019. 12:15 PM EST

lifa-cobex

You sound sane calling it that more than those that calls it "Football"
1o9s34.jpg

lifa-cobex

Christ, Compare this stream with the nintendo tournament stream in terms of views and crowd reactions going on.
It's black and white.

CJY

Banned
Actual order of reveal:
1: Star Wars
2: Apex
3: BF V
4: FIFA
5: MADDEN
6: SIMS

What the order should have been:
1: SIMS
2: MADDEN
3: FIFA
4: BF V
5: Apex
6: Star Wars

They got it exactly backwards. Just shows how garbage-tier EA are.

Lilseb93

Imagine starting off with a lot of hype for SW and then closing your show with Sims 4. I just don't get EA. Everything was boring and miserable. Last year's conference was awful, but at least they showed games. I don't know how people sat through all these interviews.

Last edited:
Everyone has a fucking gender neutral bathroom at home
Exactly, why make a big deal about it? Bathrooms where in the game since sims 1 :/

EA man, they destroyed all the franchises they had and now with nothing left they are so pathetically trying to score woke points. Nobody cares! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
Exactly, why make a big deal about it? Bathrooms where in the game since sims 1 :/

EA man, they destroyed all the franchises they had and now with nothing left they are so pathetically trying to score woke points. Nobody cares! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I wish Disney would buy them and sunset that crap out of them as a brand.

CamHostage

Actual order of reveal:

What the order should have been:
1: SIMS, 2: MADDEN, 3: FIFA, 4: BF V, 5: Apex, 6: Star Wars

They got it exactly backwards. Just shows how garbage-tier EA are.

You WANTED them to delay the Star Wars showing for 3 extra hours? I get showmanship and all, but EA showed mercy by publishing the rundown early that essentially announced right away, "Hey, our production slate has been particularly awful recently and we've got very little new to show this year, so plan your viewing accordingly..." You could have tuned in for Star Wars, caught the Apex segment to see if they were peppering surprises throughout, realized there was nothing else in the whole show to care about, and turned it off to go about your day, maybe rewinding the stream archive the next day just to check. They front-loaded it with the only thing that mattered, it's about the only thing good about this showcase, take it as a gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJY

PerfectDark

Banned
EA has no games period. If I had stock in EA I would sell,sell,sell. EA is a sinking ship. Even if all EA games shown were available today for 50% off I wouldn't buy any.

I just skipped through it on youtube,damn ,EA except that STar Wars game didn't had anything new,and what's worse is that when they started Anthem interview ,a couple a minutes in and the screen went black and then the feed came back when the interview ended,at least that was on IGN's youtube video,damn that's really depressing

epicnemesis

Has any been to EA play? Debating going today but really don’t want to deal with the heat and crowds for essentially just Star Wars (which isn’t playable so it will basically be just a theater run through of the demo they already showed)

Top Bottom