• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at no additional cost

GHG

Gold Member
I don't think so. I know you can get the EA thing through Steam too, but as I already have an OriginI can't say for sure.

Yeh I already have origin access and gamepass, but if I can cancel origin access and maintain access to the same games with just gamepass then I will.

M16

The avengers game beta was literally the beginning of the game. Same with what EA does, they let you play early access hence why it was called EA ACCESS before it was re-branded.

You dont get the whole game. If you start a season, and after the first 10 hours it cuts you off what do you call it?

It's a beta, a beta is a full version of a game that is Representative of the full game.

HAve you ever used a PC?

You seem bent out of shape because I literally explained what your getting. You get early access aka first 10 hours which is what basically a beta is of the new Madden/Fifa. And you get to play it early.

You have 16 posts to your account, yikes.

To ignore list you go. Probably never played a PC beta in your life.
what you are describing is called a demo
beta is software that considered buggy by a developer,or software sent you to be tested
what you get with ea play is 10 hours of the final retail build that people can purchase for full price
i doubt you really blocked me. you just have no way to defend your BS so you just dont want to take the L like a man

Last edited:

Njocky

Banned
Star wars great? Ea has put out only one decent star wars game this gen, and its at best a 7. Everything else has been a mess of cancellations and micro transaction bull shit.
Jedi is an 81 metacritic, at least let's get our facts straight. Now nobody with GPU needs to pay for it but more power to you.

MaulerX

How am I paying more when I am buying Game Pass Ultimate on sale? Amazon has had two-for-one sales on GPU already. CD Keys has sales. So no, being locked into a subscription through financing is not going to be the least expensive option. Just more convenient. Also, I can use bing/MS rewards.

Why are you cherry picking

MaulerX

How am I paying more when I am buying Game Pass Ultimate on sale? Amazon has had two-for-one sales on GPU already. CD Keys has sales. So no, being locked into a subscription through financing is not going to be the least expensive option. Just more convenient. Also, I can use bing/MS rewards.

Hey, where ever you can get the best deal. I also use Bing rewards but I feel like alot of people don't know much about that.

Jigga117

kinda my point

EA brought us NHL, Madden, Mass Effect, Battlefront 2, Jedi: Fallen Order, Alice: Madness Returns, Command and Conquer Remastered, Shadow of Mordor, Battlefield, etc

I've got nothing against 'em. Lookin' forward to Star Wars: Squadrons
I was following along on your point.

FrozenFlame

Will ea play also be available with GPU for pc?

"Today, we’re excited to announce the next step in this journey. We are teaming up with Electronic Arts to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members with an EA Play membership at no additional cost starting this holiday. "

teezzy

Banned
I was following along on your point.

My bad dude.

Dont mind me, I'm a hot-headed Era refugee.

tenor.gif

reinking

Gold Member
Why are you cherry picking
What am I cherry picking? That you can sometimes find sale prices for Game Pass? I provided even more than one recent example.

As for your other question in the other reply. I used to do bing rewards to pay for all of my gold. Now I cash them in for gift cards or monthly payments of Game Pass when I have enough to cover. As for best sales. I usually find them through slickdeals. I believe they had a Game Pass Ultimate one up a few days ago. They also had a PS+ up recently but I half paid attention because I do not need either sub right now.

T-Cake

Can't wait to play Feeding Frenzy on Xbox Series X! Genuinely, those early PopCap games are great.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
what you are describing is called a demo
beta is software that considered buggy by a developer,or software sent you to be tested
what you get with ea play is 10 hours of the final retail build that people can purchase for full price
i doubt you really blocked me. you just have no way to defend your BS so you just dont want to take the L like a man

They literally titled it as Avengers beta and had access on it during different times for all the different platforms it was on. Just like EA ACCESS was created to give people early access aka beta access to the whole game early within a time limit. Which is what a beta fucking is.

A demo is a demo, it is usually a currated section of the game that can be downloaded and played a million times, without having an expire time.

Beta's have an end time.

Which early access to fifa and madden clearly had which was the first 10 hours.

Take the L?

Wow so glad I do have you on ignore.

Go look up what a beta is compared to demo then come back.

You like many others didn't see that discussion had already happened prior to your out-burst.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They literally titled it as Avengers beta and had access on it during different times for all the different platforms it was on. Just like EA ACCESS was created to give people early access aka beta access to the whole game early within a time limit. Which is what a beta fucking is.

A demo is a demo, it is usually a currated section of the game that can be downloaded and played a million times, without having an expire time.

Beta's have an end time.

Take the L?

You like many others didn't see that discussion had already happened prior to your out-burst.
The problem is that "beta" has become synonymous with "early access" as it relates to gaming, fueled by large advertising campaigns for games like The Avengers like you mentioned.

The reality is that "beta" refers to a software development cycle. It's a milestone, and typically the last milestone before your software is released. "Beta access" = "you get access to a pre-release / not final version of the game" but it's been used incorrectly in marketing for years to mean "you get to play the game before anyone else".

See

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
The problem is that "beta" has become synonymous with "early access" as it relates to gaming, fueled by large advertising campaigns for games like The Avengers like you mentioned.

The reality is that "beta" refers to a software development cycle. It's a milestone, and typically the last milestone before your software is released. "Beta access" = "you get access to a pre-release / not final version of the game" but it's been used incorrectly in marketing for years to mean "you get to play the game before anyone else".

See

Yea, I was just explaining that to me someone who use to be in Beta programs back in the day for a certain company I can not name, they were literally that. A very buggy build for the game that was missing a decent amount of things. but was in a playable state.

Like I helped beta test Hellgate London and Wildstar for some friends who may or maynot have worked on said games.

And let me tell you legit some of the levels were not even in the beta for transportation around the maps.

Felt more like an alpha build of the game.

But beta's now you are right are treated like early access. Which steam now tries to re-brand for preordering/buying a game literally in mid development.

Most beta's you play are close to final minus optimizations and what not.

RayHell

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is amazing. I'm a Playstation fan first but Gamepass is really making me consider buying an Xbox has well.

Dolomite

Holy shit! The value of GP is hands down the best service in gaming RN. Like damn, I'd get this just for Mass effect and the old battlefields alone

They’re just following the Netflix forumla of gobbling up any and all available digital content then sorting out quality later. You remember some of Netflix’s original programming (Hemlock Grove lol)? Now they make some of the best shows in the industry. I think MS has a winning strategy, even if it’s not one that resonates with most of the enthusiasts here.
Hey I liked hemlock Grove😂😂 but yeah I see the plan unfolding though.

Last edited:
Yet, my 7 year old son still can't play Battlefront 2 multiplayer on either console on his sub/child account, because EA is stupid.

smbu2000

GPU just keeps on getting better. Looking forward to having even more games to try out for no additional cost (as I already subscribe to GPU.)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's a really good move by MS.

That said, looking through the list, I don't think there's a single game I'd bother playing from the EA list.

sainraja

Did they say anything of the price? Is it staying the same? Is it going to be more? I had to cancel my subscription since I am having some internet issues but if the price is going up I might consider re-subscribing now in hopes of keeping the current price.

Last edited:

M16

Beta's have an end time.

Take the L?

you just keep digging yourself a hole, and sound more stupid and desperate each reply.
and how are you seeing my replies and replying back if you have me on ignore? lol, this must be bugging you that much you cant spread your BS and get people to believe it. you have issues
i dont think you will have one single person who will agree with you that these 10 hour trials are a trial of a beta. not one

Last edited:
I think I might have to buy an Xbox Series S for my daughter's room with all the value Microsoft is coming with. Still a bit undecided about my main console, but leaning towards PS5, mostly due to Demon's Souls remake and having an S makes buying the X feel more pointless. Unless there's some feature that's completely mindblowing or if they randomly announce a new Banjo-Kazooie and/or Perfect Dark.

Soulja

Wow.... People are really trying to put a downer on this aren't they.... MS and EA have added it for free...... Yes free... Why are people complaining?! Its not like you have to pay for it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Papacheeks

Banned
you just keep digging yourself a hole, and sound more stupid and desperate each reply.
and how are you seeing my replies and replying back if you have me on ignore? lol, this must be bugging you that much you cant spread your BS and get people to believe it. you have issues
i dont think you will have one single person who will agree with you that these 10 hour trials are a trial of a beta. not one

You can hit the button on the bottom of the thread that says" show ignored".

I call them a beta, because of the time limit and the early access nature of them. They are final retail versions of the game. I've just gotten use to how the industry treats so called"beta"/early access.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Refunds for those that have just had their yearly payment for EA Access / Playtaken incoming or I’m fucked?

Last edited:

BlackGauna

That is really cool. But let us see how long the "no additional cost" thing lasts. Maybe they will pull a Amazon Prime and raise the price in the near future.

By itself it is a really good move by Microsoft. They can appeal to the casual audience with all the EA sports games, Need for Speed etc. and can bind them into their ecosystem.

Top Bottom